Importing csv file into Outlook Express 6

I exported my email messages from earthlink totalaccess into a csv file.  I
can't seem to find a way to import this file into Outlook Express - any
suggestions?
0
Kath (12)

Kath <Kath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I exported my email messages from earthlink totalaccess into a csv
> file.  I can't seem to find a way to import this file into Outlook
> Express - any suggestions?

1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
2) Export the Earthlink data in a format Outlook Express can import.  CSV
files are not one of the formats that will work for mail messages.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/11/2006 1:58:56 AM
I thought I was in the correct newsgroup - where do I find "Outlook Express"
newsgroup specifically?

The only choices I have for earthlink export is to export into earthlink
totalaccess again (no help at all) or the csv file - no other exports are
available from earthlink.  Earthlink help said that's all they do for their
email program.  I was hoping maybe I could import it into Excel and then
import that file into Outlook Express or some similar process, but I had no
luck.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Kath <Kath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I exported my email messages from earthlink totalaccess into a csv
> > file.  I can't seem to find a way to import this file into Outlook
> > Express - any suggestions?
>
> 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
> 2) Export the Earthlink data in a format Outlook Express can import.  CSV
> files are not one of the formats that will work for mail messages.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Kath (12)
4/11/2006 3:30:01 AM
Kath wrote:
> I thought I was in the correct newsgroup - where do I find "Outlook
> Express" newsgroup specifically?

As you are using the horrible clunky web access to these newsgroups, look
under "Internet Explorer".
On the other hand, do yourself a big favour and use a proper newsreader to
access these groups!

0
gordon1271 (133)
4/11/2006 7:27:45 AM

--
Brian Tillman
0

:
: > I thought I was in the correct newsgroup - where do I find "Outlook
: > Express" newsgroup specifically?
:
: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

Or this one: m.p.windows.inerexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

0
hlexa (19)

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Rename project file
Hello, How do you rename a project file? TIA, Jacques If you're still using version 6 this program works pretty well. http://www.ucancode.net/Products/free%20product/toolbox.htm Tom "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:eYU%23fWSSDHA.2852@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do you rename a project file? > > TIA, > Jacques > > ...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Re: merging a pub file into a pub document?
GbH wrote: > I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup. > Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher > document into an existing/open publisher document. > Please can somebody point me at it. > > -- Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could read it? -- -- Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could remember the darn question Both of your posts show -- Don Vancouver, USA up here. "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:u7JmyS0d...