Imported Hotmail to Outlook but keeps downloading same emails

Hello

I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts and
mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over 100
emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to do,
or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?

many thanks

There isnt such a thing as an Outlook Server.
Outlook is merely a mail handler that caters for whatever email accounts you
configure in it.
Are you using the Outlook Connector in some unknown version of Outlook?

"Effy" <Effy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts
> and
> mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over
> 100
> emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
> tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
> happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
> this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to
> do,
> or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?
>
> many thanks

0
DL
11/14/2009 5:56:39 PM
Is the option ***Leave a copy on the server*** selected by any chance

--
Peter

"Effy" <Effy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I recently installed MS Outlook and imported my hotmail, gmail contacts and
> mail into Outlook.  However, every time I send/receive it downloads over 100
> emails, from my hotmail account - the same emails every single time.  I've
> tried deleting the hotmail account but to no avail.  same thing keeps
> happening.. 182 emails downloaded upon each send/receive.  How can I stop
> this - delete them from my hotmail account, which i don't really want to do,
> or can i take them off the outlook server somehow?
>
> many thanks

0
Peter

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Incoming email slow to come in