imported distributions lists show as contacts

Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists,
then imported into a new system.  Teh imported DL's show up as
separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a
simplified way to correct?
0
scotters (1)

Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you
import them?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

<scotters@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists,
> then imported into a new system.  Teh imported DL's show up as
> separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a
> simplified way to correct?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/7/2008 6:59:22 PM
DL's are among the many items that do not survive import and export. You
need to use a correct method for transferring Outlook data. We post them
here every day.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<scotters@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists,
> then imported into a new system.  Teh imported DL's show up as
> separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a
> simplified way to correct?

0
russval1 (2100)

folder shows empty
When I try and open a folder in Outlook Express/Local folders, it tells me the folder is empty but it is not. If I check in WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{17 etc.}\Microsoft\Outlook Express, the folder is there and it shows that it is not empty. How can I get Outlook to open these? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaa...

Compare incoming FROM display name to contact
We send txt to cell phones from outlook, we have these cell users in our contacts as well, (example: phonenumber@carrier.com) is named JOE, when JOE reply’s from his cell phone the FROM display name showing in outlook from the cell phone shows numbers (example: phonenumer@carrier.com) how can I make it show the name JOE that I have for it in my contacts? or maybe some script can compare it to a list in a file and then re-write the info to outlook. Thanks The Outlook mail.SenderName property is read-only in the Outlook object model. You would need to use a lower level API ...

Smart list source tables
I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists. It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding additional tables to join. With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one instead of the "close but no cigar" table. Any table indexing would help. Hi Vacations If you go on customer source you can downlaod some smartlists, that can be imported with smartlist builder. They are listed for version 8 of GP but they will work on 9 a...

recurring appointments show as emails
We uses shared calendars at work with designated recurring appointment slots. Some people are having issues since upgrading to Office 2007 with their appointments opening as an email. They start by adding the appoinment info to a certain date and time by typing in the slot (not opening the single occurance). Then they close out of the calendar and later reopen calendars the appointment typed in is gone. They then double click open the single occurance which is now an email which can't be deleted or forwarded or sent as an email. The only solution we have is to delete the whol...

Text box fill not showing
Just upgraded to Vista. Fill color for text boxes does not show on workspace but does show in Preview and does print. Tried Pub 2007 with same result. Very annoying to have to keep previewing. Vickie Are you sure it is text boxes and not shapes? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, Pictures. Read the fourth FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Victoria" <Victoria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C96ADA0-D5F1-4D1B-9D74-9...

Having problems running powerpoint slide show!!!
Hi all, Could someone please assist me in regards to a problem i am having trouble running a power point slide presentation. The file is a large file approx 390mb i am running a fully up to date system XP intel pentium D 820 - 2GB memory - 512mb graphics - asus mother board. My PC is SP3. I running Microsoft Office 2003 but the file i am trying to run was done with 2007 so i installed the MS compatability pack. I know the file works and with sound as i viewed it on school computer with lower specs than mine. When i try run it takes from disc or HDD it takes approx 10 minutes...

no SMTP=no mail to external contact list?
Non-Supervisors are not allowed to send/receive external mail here. So I have deleted users SMTP addresses from there profiles. This has solved the problem of spam and miss-use of corporate email. I use the external contacts list to forward some email to POP accounts for users including my self. Now when a user w/ no SMTP sends mail my local email address found in their global address book, they receive the same message as if they were emailing my POP address. I thought since users are emailing the local mail box and exchange is forwarding to the outside this would work. Can an...

printing document a mix of text and photos imported from photoshop
Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of the phots come out black...anyone know why? Hi j hall (jhall@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of || the phots come out black...anyone know why? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and inst...

Import QIF File no totals
When I import an investment account it has no totals. I also have 401k transfers from my paycheck that go directly into cash transactions of 401k account. Transfers that were imported (transfers from cash to investment) do not deduct my cash contributions since they have no total amount (all they have is # shares and share price). Now my 401k account balance is high by the amount of my contributions (this is because if values investments by number of shares I have and then it sees that I have additional $ in contribution account. In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >When I imp...

contacts macro help!
Hi there I want to create a macro within excel that can take cells containing name, company name, telephone number and email, and add them to my contacts database in outlook should I choose to. Before it adds the data, it will need to check if the data doesn't already exist. I'm using Office XP. thanks in advance ...

Hide Address List #2
I have create an address list of contacts in the ESM. I have granted full control to the following: Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Exchange Domain Servers SYSTEM As a member of the Domain Admins group, I am able to see the address list as well as list its contents in Outlook. When I log in on a test workstation with a test user, I am still able to see the list but not list its contents in Outlook. The test user is a member of only the Domain Users group. What more must I do to prevent the address list from even showing up in the list of address lists in Outlook for the test use...

Document corrupted after showing dialog
Hello group! I'm having the weirdest error in a simple game I'm making (tile-based game where the player must guide a character out of a maze). When the player locates the exit in the maze and the score was good enough to break into the hiscore list a dialog box is displayed asking for the player's name. I had a very weird problem after showing that dialog: memory seemed corrupted. I was preparing a long post trying to explain it when I stumbled on the error: Here's the OnInitDialog in my dialog that asks for a name: BOOL NameDialog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnIni...

Convert Word address list to Excel
I'm trying to convert an old address list written in word into an excel spreadsheet.. The addresses are basic 3 lines (name, address, city, state, zip). Other than copying each item into each cell individually, is there a way to do this more efficiently? If each line of the list is ended with a hard return, then replace each hard return with a tab. Use the Replace All function. Once the whole list is tabbed, highlight the text, click on Table, then Convert text to table. Make sure you pick "Separate text at Tabs". Then clean up your table. Once it is in a good cond...

TV shows online
I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so far. Thank you! Jo-Anne Open Google and type this into the search box: watch television online --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Jo-Anne wrote: > I have no TV and am considering watching certa...

'From' field shows current profile
Hi, I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended Mapi to modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but still when I double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my name and email instead of showing the Sender name and Sender Email any help on this ? thanks Riyaz riyaz <riyaz@riyaz.com> wrote: > I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended > Mapi to modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but > still when I double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my > name and email instead of...

My Bank does not show up in the list
I have Money 2005, my bank shows up on the Microsft Website, but does not show up on Money. The bank did change it name in the last year! Can any on help Thanks in Advance.. In microsoft.public.money, Ekta wrote: >I have Money 2005, my bank shows up on the Microsft Website, but does not >show up on Money. The bank did change it name in the last year! > >Can any on help You could name the bank. Somebody might know something about that bank. Ekta wrote: > I have Money 2005...The bank did change it name in the last year! Are you saying the bank's new name doesn't...

How to show filter settings in Pivottable chart in Excel 2007?
Hi, How do I get the Pivottable filter settings to be shown in the graph? This was excellent in the 2003 version. I circulate a lot of graphs based on the same Pivottable. Thanks Niklas Excel 2007 PivotChart Show report filter selection(s). http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm Tahnks! This helps for a while. Stupid thing to remove that feature. Niklas "Herbert Seidenberg" skrev: > Excel 2007 PivotChart > Show report filter selection(s). > http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm > ...

Sorting in Contacts vs Address Book
I have a new copy of Outlook 2003 on a new PC and am experiencing considerable difficulty. For one, and I'm sure there'll be more later, I imported my Contacts from Outlook 2000 as a .pst file and it displays in 2003 correctly sorted by last name. When I use Address Book mode the names are sorted first name first and I can find no Sort button to correct it. Help! Anybody know what I'm talking about? Regards, Denzil. Indeed, you likely will encounter other problems. Importing is never the correct way to transfer Outlook data. Your current problems is simply how to sort th...

How to handle ETF distribution Reinvestment without additional uni
I own some ETFs which from time to time reinvests its distributions. However, the distribution reinvestment does NOT result in additioanl units (shares) of the ETF. This essentially increases the adjusted cost basis. Example: Buys 100 share of XYZ @ $10 cost basis = $1000 a distribution of $200 is declared and "reinvested" without changing share numbers. The result is holding 100 shares at a adjusted cost basis of $1200 or $12 per share. Distribution reinvestment with additional units/shares is easy and MONEY has specific investment "activities" to handle it. B...

2003 Contact Form Mystery
A while ago I designed a contact form to include a new merged note field. It worked fine, except that now whenever I add a new contact the fields are filled in with another contacts information. So I have to delete each entry before putting in a new one. To make matters worse, I can't select a new blank form or get back the original default form. I tried erasing the frmcache.dat but it keeps coming back --- still filled in. Anybody? ...

NUMBER LISTS
I am trying to enter several hundred numbers in one colum. But would like to expel some of the time it will take to do so.. Is thier a quick way to do this... What are the numbers? Give us an example. "jblev" <jblev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5561C5A8-EF56-46BC-AD65-2D89CE8CB8FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to enter several hundred numbers in one colum. But would like >to > expel some of the time it will take to do so.. Is thier a quick way to do > this... What kind of numbers? A series of sequential numbers? To enter 1 to 500 in co...

Contacts Problem #3
I posted once concerning this and was curious if anyone else has this dilemma. When first viewing my Contacts table in List View the last row is selected, which doesn't seem right. Then I click on the first row and then switch to Address Cards first contact is selected, seem right to me. When I switch back to List View the last row is selected. Is this really a behavior of Outlook??? It just doesn't seem right to me. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, James ...

Do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook Contacts
We do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook when we go offline in the SFO client. We DO want to synchronize CRM Appointments so the Fast Sync is not an option. All the contacts were entered by the same user who has shared the contacts with everyone in the business unit. Is there any way to prevent synchronization of contacts to Outlook? Lynn you can only control what gets synched by using crm security roles. Basically if your users can see contacts in the crm web interface they will get synced to outlook. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/...

Contacts Folder #3
-- Where do I find the contacts folder with email address to backup??? Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance ...