Import your messages or account from Outlook Express to Outlook 20

Hi All,

I want to import the message from outlook express 6 using Windows XP to
Microsoft Outlook 2003 using Windows Vista.

Can anybody know how to do it?

I did copy the outlook folder from Windows XP n paste it at Vista. Then open
the Microsoft Outlook n try to import it. It fail.

Any suggestion?

Thanks/Best Regrads,
Wong

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=62dbc0ed-b5d9-4108-b3ac-98d0b3b7333e&dg=microsoft.public.outlook
0
Wong (11)

"Wong" <Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I want to import the message from outlook express 6 using Windows XP to
> Microsoft Outlook 2003 using Windows Vista.
>
> Can anybody know how to do it?
>
> I did copy the outlook folder from Windows XP n paste it at Vista. Then
> open
> the Microsoft Outlook n try to import it. It fail.
>
> Any suggestion?

Posted fairly often - try this.

 You can't do what you want directly.

First of all you need to do this:
Copy ALL the mail files from OE (including the one called Folders.dbx) and
paste them into a folder you have created on your new machine, to which you
have read/write permissions. A folder within your Documents folder would
seem to be the best place.
Then in Windows Mail, do File-Import-Messages, highlight Microsoft Outlook
Express, and click next.
Make sure that "Import from an OE6 Store directory is checked, (that's why
you need to copy the folders.dbx file, because that tells WM the folder is
an OE message store) and click on OK. Browse to the folder you created..

When that has been completed correctly, you then need to export your emails
FROM Windows Mail to Outlook.

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Dear Gordon,

Thanks. It work finally.

Best Regards,
Wong

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Wong" <Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to import the message from outlook express 6 using Windows XP to
> > Microsoft Outlook 2003 using Windows Vista.
> >
> > Can anybody know how to do it?
> >
> > I did copy the outlook folder from Windows XP n paste it at Vista. Then
> > open
> > the Microsoft Outlook n try to import it. It fail.
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> >

> Posted fairly often - try this.
>
>  You can't do what you want directly.
>
> First of all you need to do this:
> Copy ALL the mail files from OE (including the one called Folders.dbx) and
> paste them into a folder you have created on your new machine, to which you
> have read/write permissions. A folder within your Documents folder would
> seem to be the best place.
> Then in Windows Mail, do File-Import-Messages, highlight Microsoft Outlook
> Express, and click next.
> Make sure that "Import from an OE6 Store directory is checked, (that's why
> you need to copy the folders.dbx file, because that tells WM the folder is
> an OE message store) and click on OK. Browse to the folder you created..
>
> When that has been completed correctly, you then need to export your emails
> FROM Windows Mail to Outlook.
>
> HTH
>

> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

0
Wong (11)
5/25/2009 5:34:00 AM
> Dear Gordon,
>
> Thanks. It work finally.
>
> Best Regards,
> Wong
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "Wong" <Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I want to import the message from outlook express 6 using Windows XP to
>> > Microsoft Outlook 2003 using Windows Vista.
>> >
>> > Can anybody know how to do it?
>> >
>> > I did copy the outlook folder from Windows XP n paste it at Vista. Then
>> > open
>> > the Microsoft Outlook n try to import it. It fail.
>> >
>> > Any suggestion?
>> >

>> Posted fairly often - try this.
>>
>>  You can't do what you want directly.
>>
>> First of all you need to do this:
>> Copy ALL the mail files from OE (including the one called Folders.dbx)
>> and
>> paste them into a folder you have created on your new machine, to which
>> you
>> have read/write permissions. A folder within your Documents folder would
>> seem to be the best place.
>> Then in Windows Mail, do File-Import-Messages, highlight Microsoft
>> Outlook
>> Express, and click next.
>> Make sure that "Import from an OE6 Store directory is checked, (that's
>> why
>> you need to copy the folders.dbx file, because that tells WM the folder
>> is
>> an OE message store) and click on OK. Browse to the folder you created..
>>
>> When that has been completed correctly, you then need to export your
>> emails
>> FROM Windows Mail to Outlook.

YW!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Where do the messages go?
I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of where do the messages go when the services have stopped? I have done a couple of offline defrags and I have never had the question and I don't think we have lost any messages. Where are the messages held? Does the email bounce back to the sender? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John "JohnH" <houserj2000@hotmail.com> wrote... > I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 > (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of &...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Message comes as an attachment

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large