Import saved (Office Data File)

When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File, how do
I import them back into My Outlook?
Thanks for any Help...Bob

0
rjvance (61)

You never import a native outlook data file.  In Outlook, =
File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Copy what you want to your current =
default .pst file and close the old one when you are done.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked:

| When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File,
| how do I import them back into My Outlook?
| Thanks for any Help...Bob
0
Milly
3/23/2008 12:58:03 AM
Do not Import or you could corrupt your files. Open Outlook and use File,
Open Outlook Data file to open and move the list to your Contact folder. You
did not lose your original pst file when you reinstalled. Just choose the old
pst file to open in OL and you can use it. It will have all your contacts and
other folders.

"Bob Vance" wrote:

> When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File, how do
> I import them back into My Outlook?
> Thanks for any Help...Bob

0
Mary1 (682)
3/23/2008 1:01:00 AM
No, it is not useless, just your attempt to import it.  Use the =
File->Open from Outlook.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked:

| Thanks Milly so the Outlook data File that I saved is useless to me to
| import into my new Outlook that I installed..Thanks Bob
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
| You never import a native outlook data file.  In Outlook,
| File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Copy what you want to your current
| default .pst file and close the old one when you are done.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked:
|=20
|| When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File,
|| how do I import them back into My Outlook?
|| Thanks for any Help...Bob
Thanks Milly so the Outlook data File that I saved is useless to me to
import into my new Outlook that I installed..Thanks Bob

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
You never import a native outlook data file.  In Outlook,
File->Open->Outlook Data File.  Copy what you want to your current default
..pst file and close the old one when you are done.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked:

| When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File,
| how do I import them back into My Outlook?
| Thanks for any Help...Bob

0
rjvance (61)

Maximum file sizes

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

File size #11

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

find action on log file

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Pulling data from separate tabs

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

data sort

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

predict future data