Import Palm files

Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files
(dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact,
calendar, etc

0
anonymous (74722)

Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found
this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with
Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two
ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option.

F. Carvalho wrote:
> Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files
> (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact,
> calendar, etc

0
lanwench (7567)

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Taste the important pack from the M$
--ijcjxmqheu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jehqgmhvtnsz"; type="multipart/alternative" --jehqgmhvtnsz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kgjgjtzi" --kgjgjtzi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your computer secu...

periods not importing
I have tried several ways to import periods in the Title, Suffix, and Middle Name fields, and I am getting box characters, rather than the period. I am using OL07. I have even tried replacing all periods with semicolons, the letters "qwer", and the letters "aa". And still, when it gets to OL, it shows up as unprintable box characters. What's going on? I would use Mapilab to replace these things, if I even knew what to call them. thx for any help. -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

Best way to read an xml file
Hi; If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. It looks like it's XmlReader but I want to verify that. ??? -- thanks - dave "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:BEA51BCB-B200-4104-B061-CA32FECD9DFD@microsoft.com... > If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need > each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. Yes, if your only requirement is a firehose forward reader,...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

Large Files with Strongly Typed Dataset
I have an xsd file that I use to create a strongly typed dataset in my project. In the past, I have used the ReadXml method to load xml files into the generated class and read data in using this class. These files have now become big (order of 100MB) and this completely kills the readxml performance. I have read multiple posts that tell you not to use datasets for large files. I even tried calling BeginLoadTables before starting the read. However, I really need the strongly typed dataset functionality in my program - it forms the core of my project. Is there a way I can load this data into t...

Missing rtl70bpl file
After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home edition I now get (after every restart), the following... "This application has failed to start because rtl70bpl was now found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". Appreciate any advice on how to reinstall same. Have Googled for help but have not found the correct site. TIA. franktee Winxp Pro SP3 On Dec 3, 11:42=A0am, franktee <frank...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home > edition I now get (afte...

Import Items from Quickbooks
Did anybody import items from QB? I would be specifically interested in how inventory is imported. Unfortunately there is no import template/mapping list available where I could choose which fields I want to import. I only would like to keep my descriptions, price, cost, vendor information, etc. in sync but NOT the inventory. After sales quantities cannot be sent back from RMS to QB I would worry that the inventory I have in QB (which is different to the inventory in RMS) will screw up the inventory in RMS during the load. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Gerd ...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Import contacts from Excel into Outlook Contacts
I know this can be done from the import function in Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? There's a Map Fields step in the wizard. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Maurice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e0a01c48154$f16ff9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I know this can be done from the import function in > Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? ...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

VSTO 2005: Error in Schema Files Generation
In XML schema generation from a WordML document, VSTO 2005 VSTO creates 6 files (general naming pattern): XML.XSD ... XML5.XSD. For our file names we use a special syntax for additional information on the project status. - Syntax for file names: {PRE}={TOPIC}_{POST}.{STATUS}.{FORMAT} Now, VSTO 2005 modifies its general naming pattern to XML.{STATUS}{I}.{FORMAT}. - Example - XML.ABCD.XSD - XML.ABCD1.XSD (instead of XML1.ABCD.XSD) - ... - XML.ABCD5.XSD (instead of XML5.ABCD.XSD) I consider this behavior of VSTO 2005 as a programming error. - Is this consideration correct? - How ...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

Reading EML files
Does anyone know if Outlook can be configured to open .eml files? I wrote a program that creates .eml files. Outlook Express can open them but Outlook can't. Is there a way to get Outlook to open these? If not, does anyone know how I can create a file that Outlook can open (such as a .msg)? Is there a COM object that creates these? Any help will be appreciated. John ...

RPC .x files.
I need to talk to some third party equipment. The company has provided an RPC interface consisting of three .x files. The provided third party documentation just glosses over how to compile and use these files. Though the equipment is new, I think this interface is quite old. The documentation example says to use the command "rpcgen32.exe filename". They say the command my differ depending on the software package. I searched the Microsoft site and found a bunch of stuff. At first I looked at the midl compiler. The .idl files look different then the .x files. Can someone please poin...

convert .csv file to .cub using access
I am using Microsoft Access to work with a .CSV file that contains 250,000 rows of information. I'd like to convert that file to a .CUB file so that I can use Microsoft Data Analyzer to "drill" down the information. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi John, As I understand it, the normal way would be to use the Cube Wizard in the OLAP Manager, after importing and normalising the file into SQL Server tables. It may be possible to use the Cube Wizard against an ODBC connection to an MDB file. But as I understand it the point of using OLAP cubes is to denormalise a set of views...

Combining VISIO files with mail merged Word document
I am trying to create a composite document that has four pages. The first page is a VISIO (2003 Professional) file that contains several pictures and a converted AutoCAD (R14) drawing file. The following three pages are a Word merged file created from an Access database. I would like to be able to have a combined file for for hard copy reproduction. This particular document has 220 reports that all have the same basic format. I have tried exporting various file types (tif, jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.) from VISIO, then inserting into Word as picture or object and most are unacceptable quali...

Tracking loan last year; importing time tracking items
1. I am not able to set up a loan account to track my loan which started last year. Money allows me to track only from the beginning of the current year. 2. I have a bunch of 'time tracking' items in a spreadsheet which I would like to import into Money SB for association with invoices, but understand that it is not possible. Are there solutions to these problems? TIA. 1) Set the date back on your computer just long enough to create the loan account. Why Money enforces this piece of mindlessness is a question for the ages. 2) I have no clue. I don't use SB. Next to nobody ...

File Says Read Only Even After Closing It
Hi, One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after I closed the file. How can I sort out this? -Dileep Could it be marked readonly in windows? rightclick on it (in windows explorer) and choose properties. Or maybe http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly from Debra Dalgleish's site. Dileep Chandran wrote: > > Hi, > > One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after > I closed the file. > How can I sort out this? > > -Dileep -- Dave Peterson ...

Print Help Files
When I click on help in an application about 40 folders show up. I want to print them all to get a user guide. I can print each folder one at a time with all the folder's contents, but that's a very time consuming process. Is there any way I can print all 40 folders with their contents with one print command? Bob Speck I use to use HLP2RTF many years ago. Do a search for it. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:35:32 -1000, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Bob Speck <bobspeck@...