Import Lists?

Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email
addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel
spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Word doc but
it's not the results I'm looking for. Thanks!!
0
anonymous (74722)

You can use LDIFDE to run the query, you can then paste the results into an
Excel spreadsheet.

> Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email
> addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel
> spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Word doc but
> it's not the results I'm looking for. Thanks!!

0
Megan

List (Drop Down Menu) Scroll Bar
Hello, In Excel, I am having problems with the drop down list, where it does not display the vertical scroll bar in an 800x600 pixels screen resolution, but it does on a 1024x768 pixels screen resolution and only when the zoom is a 125%. So I am unable to scroll down the list on an 800x600 pixels resolution, any help is much appreciated. Ideally, would like the scroll bar to show from the end of the cell border as opposed to show the scroll beyond other cells. Thank-you, -- Hans Emilio If I recall correctly, there is an issue with drop-downs and freezing panes. What happens if you...

Atuomated Distribution list
Hw does one create an automated distribution list based on group membership? Exhcange 2003 has a facitlity for this but it seems difficult to set. Thanks in Advance Bill Bill, If you mean Security Group membership, then why not just mail enable the security group? -- Peter O'Dowd http://www.blade.net.nz "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d7201c49dc2$2c5a53f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hw does one create an automated distribution list based > on group membership? > Exhcange 2003 has a facitlity for this but it seems > diffic...

import data from a text file
See attached text file. What I am trying to do is to get the data fro the 10m sample at each hour, when importing it into excel I find no way to ge the 24 samples - one for each whole hour. These are daily files, and I would like to plot the current hour b hour. Untill now I have been scanning the file and entering it into Excel manually but that gets very boring after a while, anyone can help?? rgds Johnn +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ESCSUM04.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...

sorting a list #3
please help i have a list like this name assessment date to be completed a n other fda 01/01/06 a body summary 02/01/06 me to otmr 04/01/06 and so on with about 30 other rows what i would like is the list to automatically put names in date order and then print the worksheet also when the dates get within 15 days to be completed the name, assessment and date turns red also if it is within 45 days they turn blue. now for a little tricky bit i would like there to be a space between each colour so a...

Data Validation Dependant Lists
Hi there, Is it possible to 'source' data validation/dependant lists from seperate worksheet within the same workbook. I know it is possibl when using only data validation lists, but when I try to sourc dependant lists using '=INDIRECT(Sheet2!A2) for example, Excel say this is not allowed?? Kind regards And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you give that range a name, you can use it in the Data|validation dialog. Debra Dalgleish explains it at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name "andyp161 <" wrote: > > Hi there, > ...

counting unique entries in a list
Hey Guys! I was wondering if someone could help me. I am trying to write a script that goes parses through an excel file that contain iventory information. I already wrote code to cover most of the functionality I am trying to do, but I am having some difficulty with respect to two areas. 1) The lists vary in length so some 10 records others have 500 records. Is there an easy way to do a loop to the last element in the list? Like... for n=1 to sheet.end or something like that? (I do not want to manually change the bounds for each list.) 2) I am also finding it difficult to automatical...

Importing Files from Hard drive into a Public Folder
Hi, I have developed a knowledge share folder under Public Folders. This folder has a custom form I developed. I need to import files(word docs, excel sheets, pdfs, images, etc) from my hard drive into the knowledge share folder. I need the custom form to populate and attach the imported file. Is this possible? Thanks! Yes, it's possible. You'll need to write code to create a new instance of a custom form programmatically, using the Add method on the target folder's Items collection. You can use the code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getfolder.htm to walk ...

List-Unsubscribe
Hi All! We send so many campaings and we are using the CRM 3.0 unsubscribe options. But our internet provider asked us put the Unsubscribe button based on the List-Unsubscribe header (by ietf) For example: (From: josh@domain.com Subject: [espc-tech] More info on List-Unsubscribe Date: August 31, 2006 3:13:02 PM CDT To: jasmine@domain.com List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:unsubscribe-espc-tech-12345N@domain.com>, <http://domain.com/member/unsubscribe/?listname=espc-tech@domain.com?id=12345N>) http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2369.txt http://www.list-unsubscribe.com/ somebody knows how i cant...

Import Address book
Hi, Is there any tool or script available that would automatically perform the following task for me: 1. Detach address book that comes in my email in .txt or .csv format to a hard drive 2. Import the same to Exchange or AD We have joined with an organization and would like to have their address book merged with our org. They regularly sent address book in email & we want to detach the same and import it to our directory. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, jack. If such a thing exists it'd likely be advertised at http://www.slipstick.com. -- Ed Crowle...

import of MS outlook files
When I follow the instructions to import mbox format files into entourage I cannot get the import wizard to import the file, even though I can see it. OR I need an easier way to export MS Outlook 2004 email folders and import them to MS Entourage 08 ...

Address List Permissions #2
I made the mistake of doing an explicit deny on read and list for "everyone" while trying to hide a specific address list (wasn't paying attention). The address list is hidden but it's also hidden in Exchange System Manger. Anyone have an idea how to reverse this embarrassing issue? Hi You will need to use ADSIEdit to fix this one, just open adsiedit.msc and naviate to the following location: Configuration CN=Configuration,DC=xxx, CN=Services CN= Microsoft Exchange CN=ExchangeORgName (What ever your Exchange ORG is called) CN= Address Lis...

how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the .
how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually but not both. Formulas return values--not formatting. How did you get the link to formats to work? --- Sometimes, you can use a macro to do the work for you. Camalla wrote: > > how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same > workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually > but not both. -- Dave Peterson Camalla No way to link Formats unless you are using Conditional Formatti...

Can outside users use distribution list?
Hi folks, I recently switched from a webmail client that had distribution lists to Exchange and Outlook 2003. I would like to offer people on the distribtion list (located in the Public folder) the option to email to the distribtion list so that it goes to everyone. The distribution list would therefore be like a user on our Exchange server. When I tried to email the distribution list from a yahoo account, it didn't work. The yahoo account was included in the distribution list. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have a solution. I know there are no listserves in Ex...

Export/Import account information
Hi, is there any way to export or import outlook account information ? I searched the News and found it is not possible, but can�t believe there�s no way to achieve this. Is there really no way? Michael Michael <mirare@gmx.net> wrote: > is there any way to export or import outlook account information ? > I searched the News and found it is not possible, but can�t believe > there�s no way to achieve this. Account information resides in the Registry in the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\{yourprofilen...

Importing Day Trading Transactions Issue
Thanks in advance for help with this! I'm using Money 2007 Home & Business. When importing my daily statement of buys & sells, Money will add shares before it realizes I bought shares in an attempt to balance. The message reads: Note: Because you have only 0 shares available, Money assumes you want to add shares to your account register. Money will add X shares to offset the X shares being removed. When finished I have to manually remove all the additional transactions Money added so that I have an accurate balance. There is no option to avoid this (that I can find). Any su...

Importing mail from Windows/Outlook 2003
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I did a cursory search and didn't find the topic elsewhere. I've recently converted from PC to Mac (yay me) and want to import my email from Outlook 2003 on PC to Entourage. I tried the PST Import Tool on the Microsoft website but it tells me the file is corrupt or it wasn't created in Outlook 2001 for Mac. Anyone know how I can import my mail? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try the solutions mentioned on the following two pages: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/index.html> <http://www.entourage.m...

Importing Outlook Express Address Book into Access
I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. Thanks for any help. I believe you need to export it first from OE, then import. If that doesn't help, post back with what versions you're using and what you've already tried. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Owl" <Owl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAB247A-CBB2-4E6B-8485-5C5D3AAB8915@microsoft.com... >I have done this before, but can't figure out how I did. Please help. > > Thanks for any help. ...

Password Protecting Validation Lists
It seems as though when you password protect a worksheet it still allows another user to change the intial selection selected when using Data Validation and allowing a specific entry as per a predefined List. Is there anyway to prevent changes to a Data Validation selection after protecting the worksheet??? Any thoughts would be helpful. Andrew Andrew If the cell with the Data Validation drop-down list is locked, users cannot change the selection when sheet is protected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:17:16 -0400, "Andrew" <amwelt@bellsouth.net> wrote: &g...

mass mail import from flat MIME files...
Folks, I have about 500,000 mail messages in flat text (MIME) format on a hard disk... all files sit in multiple levels of folders, all have no extension... just numbers. I would like to somehow get these into Exchange for testing. First, I would need to create mailboxes and user accounts. it is only for about 30-40 names, so that can be done manually. after that, I am flying blind and would welcome any suggestions. thanks in advance, joe Joseph Hand <JosephHand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have about 500,000 mail messages in flat text (MIME) format on a hard >di...

Two email addresses in contact lists
This appears to be a case of software trying to be too smart. I have several contacts with multiple email addresses. For example, for Joe Blow I might have: JoeB@address1 (display name Joe @home) JoeB@address2 (display name Joe @ work) If want to send an email to Joe @ work. I click on "To" and the Select Names dialog pops up. For JoeB, the default address is address1. No other option is available. If I manually type JoeB@adress2 in the To box, Oultlook will convert the entry to Joe@address1. If I wast to send the email to both addresses, forget it. ...

How to import Gold Mine 6.5 data
Since I'm not satisfied with Gold Mine (GM) I've decided to use Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager instead. However, I don't know how I can import ALL information from GM and import it into OL 2003. I need all the standard contact information, phone records, ALL e-mail, everything. Please provide me with a "How to" guide. GM provides a few different export choices, but I don't know which will be the best for me. 1) Export GM contact records (as DBF file, ASCII file or SDF file) 2) Export GM data to an XML file 3) Export to an iCalendar file I also nee...

Updating already imported records in CRM 4.0
hi all we've recently imported many accounts via seperate csv files, but it turns out 1 of the csv files had a cell issue, and as a result, there was a shift in the alignment of suburbs against approx 1000 imported accounts does anyone have any recommendations on how i can update this to be correct? I have the correct data in CSV format now, but dont want to delete & start again as i have already imported the related contacts, activities etc? Many thanks Matt On May 21, 1:29=A0pm, Matthew McMaster <MatthewMcMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi all > > w...

Capturing data from a list box
I am having difficulty figuring out how to send data from a listbox control (that has as its record source a query) to a destination field in a table. The query basically finds the last record/row on a subform (that contains a datasheet) and shows it as a single value in the list box. I then want to assign that value in the listbox to a new table field. I have tried to assign the destination field of the table as the control source in the property window for the list box control but it doesn't copy the value to the table field. For example, on a subform there are a list of ro...

Export/Import Inbox Received field shows up as None
I am trying to transfer my Inbox files using Export/Import from my old to my new computer. Both computers use Outlook 2002. My old computer shows the Received and Sent field with dates. When I import into the new computer these two fields show up with the word "None" instead of the dates. All new messages coming to my new computer do show the dates properly. Thanks for any assistance. If you were using Outlook on the old computer also, just re-use the .PST file -- don't import from it as the process can cause problems like the one you describe. Just put the .PST whereve...