Import and Export problem

Unfortunately, it became necessary to re-install windows XP due to a problem
with a video driver.  Before the re-install, I backed up all outlook files
by doing an export to a CD and saving all contacts, e-mail folders and
calendar to a .pst file.  The CD tells me the file is there and they have
data in them, but I can not get outlook to import the files back from the
CD.  I have tried to open the .pst files directly from the CD, specifying
outlook at the program, but this will not work.  Hopefully, someone will
know how to recover my .pst data files as this is the only back-up I have.

jrirvine (5)

"Jim Irvine" <jrirvine@fred.net> wrote in message
> Unfortunately, it became necessary to re-install windows XP due to a
problem
> with a video driver.  Before the re-install, I backed up all outlook files
> by doing an export to a CD and saving all contacts, e-mail folders and
> calendar to a .pst file.  The CD tells me the file is there and they have
> data in them, but I can not get outlook to import the files back from the
> CD.  I have tried to open the .pst files directly from the CD, specifying
> outlook at the program, but this will not work.  Hopefully, someone will
> know how to recover my .pst data files as this is the only back-up I have.
>
> --

Copy the file to your HDD, remove the Read-Only attribute, and in Outlook go
to File-Open-Outlook data file

0
me9 (928)

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

MSX 5.5: Import von Adressen in einen Verteiler
Hallo, ich habe einen 5.5 Sp4 Server und muss eine lange liste von email-adressen in einen Verteiler aufnehmen. Die email-adressen liegen mir als textfile im Format Name, Vorname, email-adresse vor. Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Danke Steffen Meier schrieb: > Kann ich ein solches Textfile irgendwie in einen Verteiler importieren ? Hallo Steffen, schau mal hier rein: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uJoyl4NwDHA.2396%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl -- ..:Daniel Melanchthon:. Technologieberater - Exchange Server http://blogs.technet.com...

Crazy Sorting Problem.....
Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P useing the common symbol as a referance. I am right now deleting extra info by hand. Please help. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neal wrote: > Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. > I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in > colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P ...

WaitForSingleObject Problem
Hi all, I use WaitForSingleObject(hProcess, INFINITE) to wait for execution of the MS ActiveX Control Pad Setup (started out of my application). <code> CreateProcess(NULL, "setuppad.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, DETACHED_PROCESS, NULL, NULL, &startupInfo, &processInfo) WaitForSingleObject(processInfo.hProcess, INFINITE) DoSomethingElse </code> At the beginning of installation everything is fine, but after a little bit of time, the CPU usage is 50% and nothing is going on (it's after searching for installed components). When I don't use WaitForSingleOb...

Problem Syncronizing.
HI, I have problems with a syncronized store that I had to syncronize again from the beginning. Give me alot of TIme out when I use the 401 Worksheet. Since some of the data is in the HQ Database I would like to know if there any operation I can do so then tell to the HQ client that I just want to upload some information?. Thanks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Go to Manager, Help, About. If your version is 1.2.0151 you have a version that won't work with Global Customer turned on. Contact MBS and ask for a Hot Fix to address this issue. Install the Hot Fix on all PC...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Count problems[Excel 97]
Hi there, I did a search on the forum to find an answer to my question but didn' find anything. Here is my prob : Lets say I got this page-> ___a___b_____c__d__ 1 Name Type Job bla 2 Name Type Job bla 3 Name Type Job bla 4 Name Type Job bla 5 Name Type Job bob I want a Cell to write how many row I got( 5 in this exemple) and onl count the cells with bla in the D column(4 in this exemple). Sorry if I'm not really clear but if you can help me feel free t answer :) thx, Tulkas -- Tulka -----------------------------------------------------------...

Problems with german characters (umlaute)
Hello colleagues, it happes every months that a mail reaches us with I don't know how coded german characters. Our german customers are calling us, asking what we're missing on our system. I've checked one of these mails and the only thing I found out that the codepage, which was specified in the header, was the same than in the other mails I've in my mailbox and which I can read perfectly. The strange thing in current case is, that the email is displayed correctly when the mail is opened in Outlook Web Access. I need some help how to get hand on these problems. Many...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

countif problem.
I wrote a formula in a cell that contains the following: =countif(f5:f268,"> char(32)") / countif(e5:e268,"> char(32)") I have verified that any unused cells have blanks spaces in them. Both columns have data in the same rows so the counted value for each column should be the same but it isnt. All cells contain only numbers or letters and the cells format is general. Any suggestions?? Not sure I get it, but try =countif(f5:f268,">"&char(32)) / countif(e5:e268,">"&char(32)) "psion" <oregonsparkie@hotmail.com> w...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Audience rule, problem with Domain Local Group.
I try to create a rule for my audience on Portal 2007 User = Member of --- some Domain Local Group (I need to add people from other trusted forest) But it can't be relolved :-( What's wrong? I checked it on 3 Portals, no luck I cam only create such a rule: Work e-mail Contains @needed_domain.com or add individual accounts from those domains, but there are 1000, too hard to add manually .... Please help. Perhaps there is another way These groups need to be either Global or Universal groups. Universal groups are better for SharePoint, and they can contain global...

backup problem
Hi I had installed backup for office 2003, I had been backing up to a removable disk. I had removed the disk and kept getting messages that was unable to back up to removable disk, even though I have turned off all automatic backup options. I have since removed back up "feature" but still get the 4 or 5 steps stating unable to find disk etc, any ideas how to get rid of this wonderful microsoft feature. thanks tim If by removed you mean 'uninstalled' then it would appear the uninstall wasnt successfull. In OL ensure backup is not selected within Addins "Tim&...

shortcut/hotkey-problem
Hello NG, I have set a custom hotkey to a shortcut/program on my Windows XP Start Menu (CTRL-ALT-B). However, this programlink was deleted. If I now try to reassign this shortcut, it does not work - it seems that the combination has been still reserved for a non-existing link. Is it possible to unmap the combination to map it then again? Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you, Johannes Perhaps the info in this thread will help. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32795-45-find-delete-hotkey-shortcut-assigned-program johannes pfeffer wrote: > Hello NG, > ...

LDAP problem
I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and now every time I open Outlook I get a Microsoft LDAP Directory window with Server Name, Port, User Name, and Password. What is this thing and how do I get rid of it? -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.789 / Virus Database: 534 - Release Date: 11/7/2004 You can remove the LDAP address book provider via Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books. (Might be listed as Active Directory or LD...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

Importing One Period
Our company operates on a 13 period year instead of 12 months. However, the budget import process appears to be the same for periods or months. We would like to import a budget for just period 13. We tried leaving blanks in the period 1 - 12 accounts in excel and imported to a test company and that deleted all budgets, we also tried zeros, which did as we expected, inserted zeros. The budget file used to import existing budgets for periods 1 -12 has become corrupt and we do not have a backup for this file. In this file, we created formulas that allow us to use %'s to update ...

What is problem event BEX?
What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d "David Deley" wrote: > What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem > Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d > I wish i knew.... i get the error too I've gotten it on two applications! Could it be similar to this problem: "Vampire" <Vampire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B961F097-5AE8-4AB3-9F68-476910E1787A@microsoft.com... > > > "David Deley"...

Problems with modeless child dialog.
Hi. I have created a dialog window, that I want to appear (eventually) as a modeless child window inside my app. I do it this way: dlg = new CMyDialog; dlg->Create(IDD_DIALOG, this); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); I get expected behaviour when the dialogs Style property is set to Overlapped, or Popup, but when I change it to Child, all I see is some of the dialogs controls displayed on the parent window, but nothing is clickable, and nothing is redrawn if I move anything. I noticed some other people have had this problem, but I cant see it answered anywhere. Also, eventually I want ...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...

Outlook Express Problems #5
Question 1: I am creating an address Group in Express. I added about 75 addresses, and ... suddenly I see ONLY 50!! Where did the other 25 go to? What can I do to solve this? Question 2: I would like to enter a large number of email addresses in BCC. Is there a way to conveniently do this? In AOL you can apparently enter a bunch of addresses into CC:, with parentheses at start and finish. Can you do this in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the...