Import and Export from/to Excel query

I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I
try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator  and do I want
to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in
the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the
file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB

How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on
the CD??

TIA for any help.

Brian Tozer

0
briantoz (102)

KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003.
> When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator
> and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in
> the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up
> and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB

Are you doing this with an Administrator account?
--
Brian Tillman
0
> KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003.
>> When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do
>> I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in
>> the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up
>> and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB
>
> Are you doing this with an Administrator account?

Good point.
How can I check on this.
Thanks
Brian

0
briantoz (102)
11/17/2005 10:23:39 PM
KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> How can I check on this.

A couple of ways.  Control Panel>User Accounts is one and right-click My
Computer>Manage, expand Local Users and Groups, select the Users folder,
right-click the user account, and choose Properties, then the Member of tab
and see if the account is member of Administrators.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

query trouble 05-14-10
Hello, I have an access database with data that looks like this: readname colour number height AXG0019 red 6 183 AXG0019 red 6 182 AXG0016 pink 3 209 AXGHN93 green 2 56 AXGHN93 green 2 65 and want to write a query such that only rows with unique values in "readname" are reported. I tried to do this with SELECT DISTINCT but only returned the readname column. How do I select distinct readnames, but include the other data. ie: I want the output for my madeup example to ...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Update Query to Change Values From One Table To Another
Hi, I have two tables with a number of fields in each table. In one table called ACCOUNTS CHARGED the yes/no field called CHARGED is always by default "yes" everytime a record is entered in it. I want it every time to update the table called RESPEL ALL CHARGES (when running an Update Query) the identical field CHARGED by looking at the RESNO field in the table ACCOUNTS CHARGED to be the same as the RESNO field in the table RESPEL ALL CHARGES. Thanks ...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Enumerate Excel Global variables
Anyone know if there's a way to enumerate the global variables within a workbook when opening it for automation? I know that you can write a macro in a general module that exposes a variable and then call that macro via: Excel.Application.Run(MacroName) But what if you have no control over the development of the Excel workbook and cannot dictate that a macro be written to expose the variable you're interested in? In fact in the case I'm dealing with I don't even know the name of the variable. All I know is that the workbook may have global variables of a COM component of a c...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

Error upon launching excel
I receive the following error every time I launch Excel (Office 200 Pro): Forward-most box: MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC - Compile error: Can't find project or library (OK) I click OK, and behind it is: Large window: MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC - GWXL97.XLA [break] small window within: GWXL97.XLA - Startup Macro (Code) I have to ok my way through these every time I attempt to start Excel, either by selecting the program, or selecting an *.xls file to launch it. Please help. Chris A reply from Rob Bovey (via google): This is the add-in for Novel Groupwise. It sounds like it was removed f...

Opening Excel '97
I have MS Excel '97 on my computer at work. I notice that when I open multiple excel files the program just puts all of the files in one window. I would prefer to have the files open up in individual windows. Is there a way to tell Excel to open everything in a new window? I know that I can just open up a new Excel window then open the file, but I would rather just click on the file and have it open a new window automatically. Any thoughts out there? xl2k was the first version to offer Tools|Options|view tab|windows in taskbar. It showed each window as a different icon on the ...

E-mail Part of excel sheet
How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:52:02 -0700, "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each >time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail I don't think it can readily be done programmatically. However, if you use an e-mail client which supports messages in HTML (I use Outlook), you can copy/paste a part of your worksheet into the body of the message. To create...

Sharing an excel spreadsheet
I am trying to make an Excel spreadsheet so that people from different departments can put information into it and then we can save it as one spreadsheet -- my hope is that from this spreadsheet we could see at any particular time just where this particular item is in our manufacturing process or when it left. I have put the spreadsheet in a shared folder and mapped a drive to the spreadsheeet. I am using 2007 and the other people are using 2003. I have made saved the file so that it is in compatibility mode. They can put the information in, but they can not save the information to ...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

Excel example-formula C4+C5 adds before data in C5 Can I get it t.
I'm trying to create a formula (for example): In cell D5 I want it to add C4+C5. I would like it to work only after there is data in C5, but not before. How can I get it to work only when there is data in C4 & C5? Right now its showing what I have in C4. =if(count(c4:c5)<2,"Not enough values!",c4+c5) New Excel User wrote: > > I'm trying to create a formula (for example): > In cell D5 I want it to add C4+C5. I would like it to work only after there > is data in C5, but not before. How can I get it to work only when there is > data in C4 & C5? R...

Importing pst files into Outlook
I needed to reformat the hard disk of my computer. To save the data in Outlook I exported the most important folders into a CD-R. When I reinstalled all the software and tried to import the pst files fron the CD-R I get 2 messages: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file E:\XX.pst" Is anyway to recuperate the date on pst files??? (calendar, input, contacts,etc.) What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help NP On 07 May 2004 15:10, "NP" ...

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

doing bin ranges in a query?
consider the standard grading query: given a numeric grade, dblGrade, I can do this to return the corresponding letter grade: IIF(dblGrade>=90,"A", IIF(dblGrade>=80,"B", IIF(dblGrade>=70,"C", IIF(dblGrade>=60,"D","F")))) I am trying to do something similar with a non-equijoin query. I am working on a database for cancer research, so what I'm grading are toxicities of different types, and each type has a different bin range for A-F. To make things a little more "fun", for some toxicities a low value is good (like Ch...

create an update query
How do I update the disount field for all customers who do not already have a discount? On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:15:01 -0700, kim <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I update the disount field for all customers who do not already have a >discount? You can see your table structure - we cannot. Guessing that there is a field in the table Customers named Discount, you can create an update query with a criterion Is Null on the discount field to find all records with blank (empty) discounts. If the discount defaults to 0 you can use a criteron =0 ...

excel graphs
I am trying to make an excel graph that has a hatch mark in the y axis. I want my graph to be in intevervals of 5 up to 35 and then jump to 70. Is this possible? See Jon Peltier's instructions on Broken Y Axes here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html "CHOP04" <CHOP04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11CD1ED4-84D8-4AE7-BD91-E2EAB1A996CA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make an excel graph that has a hatch mark in the y axis. I > want my graph to be in intevervals of 5 up to 35 and then jump to 70. Is > this possible? ...