IMAP with Outlook 2003 Data Files Problem

Hi,

when setting up an IMAP connection with Outlook 2003 the application does
not let one select where to store the files related to the account. It is
possible to define a "Mail delivery" data file... but no email go into that
one. One can also try to move the *.pst file out of "C:\Documents and
Settings\%ProfileName%\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook". But when one opens
Outlook 2003 again it will recreate a new file at the old location "C:\Docs &
Settings... etc." instead of somewhere else.

Any ideas? Outlook Express does it so why not Outlook?. It is really
important to put these files in a different location for backup reasons and I
do not want to use O-Express because I cannot syncronise it with my
handheld....

If you have any ideas... let me know
cheers,
andi
0
gigiga (1)

Use data to search web
With the click of a button on a form, I would like to use the data from a textbox on the form to perform a search on an external, .aspx, public, website and view the results within Internet explorer. Is this possible? I know nothing about ASP. Thanks ...

Strange(?) OWA login problems
Sorry for this rather long message - but I feel lost. I have for a long time had the problem that some of my users can not use OWA to log on to the Exchange server. First one user could not logon, then the next until 4 had permanent problems. The logs showed virtually nothing. (The tests below are made on the internal network to make sure there are no routing or firewall issues. I have Win2k (SP4), Ex2k (SP?), IIS5. The server is the domain controller. IIS has 5 domains (none is the 2000 domain). The test were run from an XP Pro with user A logged in to the domain) Today I decided to take a...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Show only specific Series in the data table
Any way to show series A - D in the graph and not on the data table and series E-H on the data table and not on the graph? The second part is easy: format the data series to have no Line and no Makers I know of no way to achieve the first part best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters REMEMBER: Microsoft is closing the newsgroups; We will all meet again at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=4 "Legends" <Legends@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

How to code a batch file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On Mar 25, 8:37=A0pm, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an e= xcel > file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric I would try this group. Andy http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt?hl=3Den ...

Excel files won't come up
I am having trouble bringing up any Excel file. I get an error message with a error signature like this AppName:Excel.exe AppVer 9.0.0.2719 ModName:mso9:11 ModVer:9.0.0.2720 Offset:00045909 When I look up the tech information at the bottom I get this c:\docume~1\HarryG~1\Locals~1\temp\2958_appcompat.txt I sent this message last week and the remark was to double click and copy the error and reply. I did and I haven't seen any reply yet. I really need to use the Excel files which I use often. All other ofice files OK Help!!! I don't have a guess about what's ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

File Saving with Text from File
I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I click the save button, I would like to have the customer name pop into the "save as" area instead of having to type it every time. Thanks for your help Only way is to keep opening the same file that already has the customers name. You must be adding dates or numbers after the customers name. Just open up the last file for that customer and tweak the dates/numbers. "jweasl" wrote: > I have a template, and the customer name always goes in the same cell. When I > click the save button, ...

Bad license file
When signing on I reeive the message "bad license file". I do not know where it came from or how to delete it. Can you help me? -- Thank you, Vista Ray Vista Ray wrote: > When signing on I reeive the message "bad license file". I do not know where > it came from or how to delete it. Can you help me? here as an answer appropriate for your wonderfully vague question https://www.impaticize.com/impkb/questions/218/ To be more specific the message that I receive is Portrait Displays - version changed - bad license file. -- Thank you, Vista ...

Format Data Entry
Is there a way to format data so that when entering someone's height as 511 it will come up as 5'11" and when entering 63 it would come up as 6'3" ? Thanks. There may be a way, but I wouldn't do this. Instead, use two cells (feet and inches). Or use one cell and enter total inches. It'll make any further arithmetic much, much easier. Ayuda wrote: > > Is there a way to format data so that when entering someone's height as 511 > it will come up as 5'11" and when entering 63 it would come ...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

Simple problem
I am doing something obviously stupid but can't see what In a spreadsheet I have data in cols A and B In cell B1 I have =(a1-0.375) I have copied this to b2.b14 with the result shown: 1 0.625 2 0.625 3 0.625 4 0.625 5 0.625 6 0.625 7 0.625 8 0.625 9 0.625 10 0.625 11 0.625 12 0.625 13 0.625 14 0.625 If I go to cell b2 and then left click in the formula bar then hit enter, b2 evaluates to 1.625. Same with b3, b4 etc. What have I done to stop the formula evaluating correctly after I have copied it? Thanks...

Get External Data and Hyperlinks
I retrieve some data from eg SQL-Server. One of the cells contains a hyperlink to an extranet-page using the formula =HYPERLINK("<PageName>";"DisplayName"). After the refresh the formula is visible in the cell and not the displayName. When I hit F2 + Return, the link appears and is clickable. But since this is an automatic job, with a whole bunch of records it's not possible to do this everyday for every-record. How can this be solved automatically? ...

Form format changed from 2003 to 2007
I have import an application I developed in Access 2003 to Access 2007. All of my forms are now showing up full screen with a tab. Even the small forms, such as the CopyRight, which is supposed to be a small 2” by 3” window. It now takes up the full screen with a tab and my 2” x 3” message on a full screen white background. This is true with all my forms. Is wish to keep the old look and fell until I have time to migrate the forms over. Right now, they look stupid in 2007. Is there some simple property or config setting that will allow my forms to be windows at the size I had ...

How to import MS Access data into MS CRM 02-28-07
Hello all, My questions is sample. it 's possible import contact with data SQL into CRM. If yes How do ? Thanks for answers David David, It is possible to import data (from Access OR SQL) into CRM. Our Company uses a product called Scribe to accomplish this (www.scribesoft.com). From what I understand, this is the only 'supported' way to import data into CRM entities. You would basically connect the source data through one adapter (either for Access or SQL) and through a CRM Adapter into CRM. I hope that this answers your question. Thanks, John Thibodeau www.ibisin...