IMAP: Select Trash Items Disappearing

I am using IMAP on Outlook XP and frequently move
messages from my Inbox to my Trash folder.  I then purge
my Inbox but never my Trash folder.  As a safety (since
discovering my problem), I also put a backup copy of any
item in Trash in a subfolder called Backup.  So there are
two copies of each item I wish to trash.

For some reason, when I start Outlook XP at the beginning
of the day and look at the Trash folder (or just check it
when I leave Outlook open overnight), some of my messages
are permanently gone.  I can't seem to find a pattern,
because it removes sporadic messages (not just the
oldest, or newest, etc.).  This does not happen to any
other folder or subfolder (including the Backup folder).

I have all archiving turned off, nothing set to empty
deleted items on exit, and no settings on the IMAP server
to perform periodic maintenance (because it's my IMAP
server).  I have narrowed down the problem to Outlook XP
since Outlook Express does not have the problem and
neither does my webmail interface after using them for
days, while Outlook XP always does it at the beginning of
the day (from what I can tell).

The troubleshooting logs do not provide any useful
information from what I can see, although I am not an
expert at it.

Any help and/or suggestions would be GREATLY
appreciated!!!

Thanks.
0
nospam9166 (76)

Dexterity error after upgrade when selecting vendor
We recently upgraded to Version 8.0.0.69. Our main site is working fine, but a branch office employee gets an error message when selecting a vendor. I have a screen shots of the error and version info. All other functions of the program are fine. Since this is my first time supporting this product, I'm having a hard time running this down. Thanks for your help! John Hi What is the error message? Do you have a Var to log a support call with? Regards James "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5558E29D-051A-4937-9961-6281C53F56EA@micro...

Customer Item Number on SOP Docs
hey how is everyone? well - we had the customer item number working perfectly in v 7.5 thru the smarlist dict. This has changed in v8.0 - with the SOP docs moving to Mftg - so our Function Script ASI doesnt work anymore. Has anyone enabled this for the sales docs in v8.0 in the Mftg dict? Ive got our old reports working without the customer code field from smartlist currently but we need to get a new field in there Thanks in advance Theo S :) The ability to have Customer Item numbers showing on the invoice is part of core v8.0 code now. You might just need to modify the existing repo...

inactive items #2
Where does RMS store inactive items? I know there should be a report to find them but I can't find the report nevertheless the inactive item. Thanks. -- Elizabeth M. Inactive items are still in the Item table, they just have their "Inactive" field set to true. Most of the item reports include the Inactive field, but do not display it by default and most have a default Filter of "Inactive=False". Just filter for "Inactive = True" instead... Also, in the Inventory Wizard, the last task in the list is "activate Items" - if you use this ...

Inventory
I am trying to remove discontinued items however they have quantities in the damaged field as well as returned field. It appears that these fields do not roll back to zero once a year end roll is conducted (whereas sold and other inventory allocations roll back to zero). Is there anyway to remove these discontinued items. I have tried removing history for the specific item but that did not work. Thank You Sandi Sandi, You'll have to transfer these items to an on-hand status(using Inventory Transfer) then write them off using the Inventory Adjustment transaction. ...

Special pricing Per customer pricing- per item
Is there a way to set special pricing for specific items for specific customers ? We have some customers that have negotiated pricing on certain items they purchase on regular basis. The items might be different from customer to customer, and different customers might have different price for the same item. Price levels do not work for that, we need to be able to create a list of items with preset prices for each customer Thanks for the help .. Robert, We can assist, please contact me at molliel@retailtechnologyexperts.com. Thanks! Mollie "Robert" wrote: ...

Creating new items
I have to be overlooking something. It is to my understanding that in a multistore enviornment you can not create items at a store level and have them show up in HQ. It is also to my understanding that I can not print labels from HQ. If HQ is the only place that I can create my new items from then why can't I print out the labels why I am creating them in HQ? Or, is there a way to create items at a store level and then push them to HQ? Or, is there a way to batch print newly created items at the store level without having to pull up each individual item? Thanks for any help t...

Selecting a report range
I have a form that I use to choose the range of a report. The form has a combo box and if this is blank I want all the records but if there is a value I only want the report to shown the equivalent records. Here is my code Private Sub Command0_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Assigned Cases" If Forms.[frmofficer].[cmbofficer] Is Null Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[Officer] = Forms.[frmofficer].[cmbofficer]" End If Exit_Command0_Click: ...

Printing selected number of reports from Command Button
I have a command button linked to a (label) report, via a query, displayed on a Form. The query prompts for a unique record to be selected. I would like the command button to request the number of copies required rather than just print one label. Believe it's something connected to an Input Box. Current Command Button coding as follows: Private Sub Command59_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command59_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Frm_injection_label" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_Command59_Click: E...

How to prevent list item selection
I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect any item that is selected. None of the obvious items I've tried worked. Any suggestions? Set the value to -1 "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23wM31jHeKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have > a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect > any item that is sel...

Publisher 2003 hangs when selecting clip art with blue globe in co
Hi all, Publisher 2003 is hanging (locks up completely) when I select clip art that has the blue globe in the left bottom corner (meaning it resides on the web instead of on my computer). Does anyone have a fix? Thanks. Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TD Day" <TD Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:163A53FA-2857-4B1D-B34C-543B0C5DEF19@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Publisher 2003 is hanging...

Outlook 2003 Imap Duplicate emails in the Imap inbox
I'm having this problem where I get duplicate emails in my Outlook imap inbox. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and go back in, the emails in my inbox show up as one email. But when the next email comes in to my inbox there are duplicates. If I exit out of Outlook 2003 and re-launch Outlook and go back in the previous email that showed up as a duplicate now shows up as one email message. I just can't figure out why. I know when it shows up as a duplicate email it indeed is one email message. I can open up either email message in the inbox and the content is the same. Again if I...

A short one: Data dictionary item = array
Hi Is it possible to have an item as an array? Cheers "Leon" <kim.zethsen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e0e34bc-93f2-440c-aa46-e0d2379fcc0f@j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hi Is it possible to have an item as an array? > Cheers I have assigned objects as the item value of a dictionary object. It is also possible to assign arrays. For example: ========== Option Explicit Dim objList, strItem Set objList = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") objList.Add "1", Array("a", "b", "c", "d") ...

Desktop icons disappearing
I opened Publisher (XP) this morning to find the desktop had reverted to its original state. I had customised it, with only those toolbars and icons I use frequently on display. Another thing happened a few minutes ago. I had just finished putting the icons back, when just one disappeared! That's right, the Print icon vanished. Anyone experienced this, or know if I can save my settings? Thanks. Doesn't sound like a Publisher issue. My first thought is a virus. Do you keep your virus definitions current? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Paul" <jire...

drop down list selection
I have an estimating form that we use for estimating service jobs. I entered a dropdown box at the very top to allow the user to select the correct customer. However, there are special pricing rates that pull from another sheet ('Special Rates') this sheet is in order by customer account number. However, when a customer name is selected from the dropdown box in C83, the formula set up in the preceding column E84, at needs to pull the correct customer account number to allow for the rest of the sheet to calculate properly is, =IF(E84=FALSE,LOOKUP(C83,CustomerName,'SPEC...

How do I remove a Bin from a Inventory Item. GP 10
Over the course of a couple of years our inventory department has attached bins to Inventory Items that are not in that bin. Now we have hundreds of items with multiple bins locations attached to them that shouldn't be. Is there a way to remove the bin from the item? It seems it should be a easy thing to do. I just cant find it. Submitted via EggHeadCafe Twitter Search API with jQuery and JSONP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/94d7bda5-c477-4ff9-b71d-e24e5fc70c24/twitter-search-api-with-jquery-and-jsonp.aspx ...

POS (not RMS) Itemized Report on Hourly Sales by Category
We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by category. Can anyone offer some guidance? M Kalmus We would also like some advice on how to export the hourly sales graph data into a CSV format. "Mark Kalmus" <dogtoothcoffee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%237N5plQQIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by > category. > > Can anyone offer some guidance? > > M Kalmus > hi Mark, I am confuse about your post, you mentioned in first one that you want hourly report, se...

Outlook 2007, IMAP, Two User Accounts
Hi, I've just completely reinstalled both Vista Ultimate and Office 2007, and managed to set up Outlook to my existing IMAP e-mail account without any problems at all, with all e-mail folders synchronising perfectly. However, when I set up another user account and tried to set up that email account, Outlook isn't working properly. The settings work OK, as I've tested it with an Outlook test message and the headers of the messages are showing. The problem seems to be with Outlook, as I cannot shut the program down other than by using Task Manager, and when I do Outlook ret...

using variables to select rows
I see that this subject has been raised several times but the response so far do not seem to help me. (I might be a bit slow on the uptake) My problem is that in order to export a spread sheet to anothe application successfully, I need to delete all of the blank rows fro the end of the sheet. I have 200+ sheets with varying lengths so I nee to automate. I have a macro the works well providing I enter a constant in place o the variable "DeleteRowsFromRowNumber" as shown below. DeleteRowsFromRowNumber is declared as an integer Rows("DeleteRowsFromRowNumber:65500").Selec...

How to get the next immediately adjacent item in CTreeCtrl?
Hi, I want to loop through all the items in a CTreeCtrl, one by one from top to bottom. CTreeCtrl has the following function, but it seems that nCode doesn't provide an option for getting the next immediately adjacent item. GetNextItem( HTREEITEM hItem, UINT nCode ); Do I have to write a recursive function to traverse the treeview for this purpose (because there are multiple levels of ancestors and offspring)? If so, I will be very surprised that such a simple and useful option can be missing from MFC. GetNextVisibleItem() is very close to what I need. However, it is limited t...

Pivot table row headings are repeated with calculated item
Why do extraneous rows show up in pivot table with calculated item? Scenario: I create a pivot table with 2 row headings (location, department) then add 1 column (month) and 1 data (headcount). Then I create a "calculated item" (gain) on the column (month) of "=February-January". When it adds it to the pivot table I get extraneous calculations for "departments" that don't exist in certain "locations". It returns a zero. What I need is for those "departments" not to appear at all. Anyone recognize this? Any solutions? Thanks Er...

pivot table returning a "value in the data items"
I want to use a pivot table to return values in the data items area. I have several fields that are a Y or N data and Date Data. I do not want to sum or count the data I want the specific data Y/N or Dates there. Is this possible? If so it will save me many hours of work. You can show dates in the data area -- they may appear as numbers at first, but you can format them as dates (Format>Cells) For the Y/N field, you could use 0 and 1 instead, and show those in the data area. MissCrafty1 wrote: > I want to use a pivot table to return values in the data items area. I have >...

Display information based on selection
Hi, I have a document with 4 worksheets. Three of the worksheets contain bill of materials (BoM) data.Each one has different number of rows. Additional rows are added/removed as needed from each of the BoMs. Forth sheet is for consolidation where I show totals as well as selection check boxes. What I would like to do is to display details of the BoM on this page if it's correcponding checkbox is checked. Thanks. For Example: Sheet A: Component Qty T.Price PC 1 1000 Monitor 2 500 Sheet B: Component Qty T.Price PC ...

Disappearing graphics
I'm running MS Publisher 97 under WinXP Home. Recently I discovered that inserted graphics (.WMF) had simply disappeared from one of the pages. No frame, no placekeeper, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? It keeps repeating. Vel See if this solves it, view, picture display, detailed display. If this isn't the answer maybe you are due for an updated video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Vel Turner" <twoturners@tiagris.com> wrote in message news:eRBsQ$4fDHA.1752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm r...

noninventory items
How can i track noninventory items? Qurat, Go to Inquiry >> Purchasing >> Purchase Order Item, from Items list choose Vendor Item and choose your item. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com "qurat" wrote: > How can i track noninventory items? What do you mean by track? Get a list of all of hem that were sold and purchased? That should be fairly easy in SmartList if you are keeping history. Get GP to t...

IMAP send folder and microsoft outlook
Hello, I am using Microsoft outlook 2002 (office XP) with an IMAP server. The problem is that outlook doesn't put my sent mails into sent folder on IMAP server. How can I do this? I found that it is possible to do this with Outlook express, is it possible to do this with Microsoft outlook? Best regards ma <ma@nowhere.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft outlook 2002 (office XP) with an IMAP server. The > problem is that outlook doesn't put my sent mails into sent folder on > IMAP server. How can I do this? I found that it is possible to do > this with Outlook...