imap folders not displaying messages

Does anyone have and an idea as to why after running a
filter on the inbox to move messages to a different folder
that they do not appear in the folder until you select
that folder? It seems like a sync problem between the
server but I am not sure.

Thanks for any help
0
et6126 (1)

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

Outgoing mail fine from Outlook, fails from IMAP
We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or OWA and can send mail with no problems. I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail. However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just disappear. The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and there are no errors returned to the IMAP client. I also cannot find any warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get sent. I've been through the ...

Outlook Express message links all dead!
Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. Pointing to them produces the "hand" icon, but clicking does absolutely nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing that prevents activating links? Something else? Hi Greg The article is about an error message and outlook, but maybe it could solve your problem, too! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "GregS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:609101c474f3$4327c010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. ...

OWA not finishing loading messages
I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a miracle in itself, I think :-) ) Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the Outlook desktop. If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever. We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and wonder if that could be a problem? - Frank Frank Rudolph wrote: > I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a &g...

Net Display
Hi All, I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to display HTML files that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'. I have two issues with this setup. 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for eac...

Incomplete Public Folder Replication
I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT4/2000. I'd like to phase out a 5.5 box on NT4. I already migrated the mailboxes from that box to a new one running 2000 in the same Site. What's left are the Public Folders. So for that I've set up replication from the NT4 to the new 2000 box. After waiting a couple of days and checking if al folders have an in-sync replica, I found out that a whole bunch of folders, never got replicated. Reenabling them for replication, doesn't have any effect. Basically I'm stuck with an automatic process, that get's cut off with no means possible ...

Display names in Contacts
When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is there a setting that I can change to eliminate the email address in the display name ? I would like to have the display name showing like this : LastName FirstName . Antoine Veilleux Change the 'Display as' setting when creating new contacts. "Shidewa" wrote: > When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, > then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is > there a settin...

Export all header information from Inbox messages
Hi I received a lot of undeliverable error messages in my Inbox and I want to be able to flag those addresses as invalid. The only way to see the address is to view the header of each message. What I'm looking for is to be able to export all the header information for all those messages to a file that I can use to update my database. Is it possible? I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks Josep ...

"Your message....was read"
I've got a user who claims that every time she sends a message to a particular group of people (about 20), she always gets a read receipt email from somebody it wasn't sent to. I've checked all the recipients mailboxes and i can't find any rules or delegate access that would account for this. I tracked the message on the Exchange server (2000/SP3) and the only thing it shows is that she definitely sent the message and the unintended recipient definitely received it. Based on the tracking info it looks like she intended to send him the message, but looking at the email direct...

Selecting sub-folders
How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than doing it one by one? Thanks mswart wrote: > How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than > doing it one by one? > > Thanks Just like you do and have done in Windows Explorer: drag the parent folder and all the child folders tag along. ...

Closely held secrets about junk email folder
All, Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p> tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case, it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals, or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem. It has dawned on me that it woul...

GetItemRect() not consistent with display after updating iIntegral #2
Sorry about the repost. I am trying to set the height of a CTreeCtrl item using the iIntegral property of TVITEMEX and SetItem. This is within the context of a splitter window with a left and a right pane. The left pane contains the tree and the right pane displays graphical elements which are vertically aligned with corresponding tree items. When iIntegral is set, the tree redisplays as expected, however the results from GetItemRect() do not change. As a result, the graphical elements in the right pane are not correctly vertically aligned. The only thing that seems to update GetItemRect...

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

Display of 3D bar charts...looking jagged??
Is there anyway to get around the way excel displays 3D bar charts.....they look the edges of the bars are not smooth they look like a child drew them with broken lines....I cut and paste these charts into Powerpoint and my boss presents these presentations to clients via email attachments and the clients get to see how rough the bars are.....any ideas? Thanks in advance...oh, and good working with you all! Do you make the charts in a new work sheet ? I never had that issue in xls, but when copying too small pics/charts into ppt, they will be distorted when resized. Using a new worksh...

duplicated items in calender and contact folder due to palm synch
To all, all the contacts and calendar events in one of our user's Outlook got triple or more duplicated copies after he synchronized with his palm yesterday, and duplicates happened to his palm as well. to manually delete those over thousand of duplicates from Outlook will take lots of times. is there anyway we can fix that instead of restore them from backup. thanks calvin ...

Sharing Folders in WinCE 6.0
Dear All, I need to share a folder inside the WinCE 6.0 device. So that I can copy files from Windows PC to WinCE device as we normally do in Windows PC. I would like to know any documents or links available to get this information. Any Catalog items and registry settings needs to be done while building WinCE image. Wince supports the following options to sharing the data between the PC and your device. 1) you can use ActiveSync.(SYSGEN_AS_BASE,SYSGEN_AS_FILE). ActiveSync uses serial port or USB serial client to communitate with the device. 2) you can Mass Storage cl...

Delegate marks messages as read
Hello everybody, I have the following problem: I configured an Exchange 2003 mailbox on Outlook 2003. On another client I configured (alway on Outlook 2003) a delegate who reads his mailbox and my mailbox. The problem is that when he reads my messages he marks them as read, and unfortunatly this messages are displayed as read on my outlook too. As a result I cannot distinguish which messages are new to me. Is there a way to avoid it? Thanks ...

How to tell if folder item is file or folder?
Hi all. Now I am processing data in folders. I get a listing of folder contents and have to test to determine whether item is folder or file. I have this routine: strPath is previously set with valid data, strType is previously defined. Dim objDI As New System.IO.DirectoryInfo(strPath) For Each objFSI As System.IO.FileSystemInfo In objDI.GetFileSystemInfos() If objFSI.Attributes() And IO.FileAttributes.Directory Then strType = "Folder" Else strType = "File" End If Next My question is whether this is the...

Address in Public Folder not shows on address book
Hi, Recently we found there are several contact records where recored in Public Folder not able to appear in address book. However I can find them at Public folder from folder list. May I know what happen to my email server? For your information I'm using Exchange Server 5.5. Thanks in advance. Michelle Is the "hide from the address book" check box checked? Look on the properties of the public folder. I believe its under the advanced tab. On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:09:46 -0700, "Michelle" <jiacat@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Recently we found there ...

Restore single item from Public Folders
I have a single distribution list that was deleted from the Office Contacts in Public Folders. Is there anything even close to an easy way to restore just the one distribution list? Or am I in the boat of building a Virtual Server with Exchange, doing a full recovery of Public Folders, and then exporting the DL to a file and pulling that back into the production server? Thanks, Gordon you don't have DIR configured? if you do, and you're the folder owner, you should be able to recover the entry via Outlook (Recover Deleted Items)... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Gordon Price&qu...

folders in favourites are removed when outlook is closed
I have recently upgraded my pc to windows 7 and have outlook 2003 installed with outlook connector. i have added the inboxes from the hotmail email accounts to the favourites pane, but when outlook is closed and then re-opended the inboxes are no longer there. How do i stop this from happening? This issue can either occur because of a corruption in your Navigation Pane or somehow Outlook is not properly shutting down and the settings are not saved upon closing Outlook. To reset the Navigation Pane use; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane To troubleshoot Outlook sh...

Public Folder Distribution Lists
I'm trying to setup a distribution list that basically acts as a mailing list to several people. I created a public folder with the contact info of the people on the list that I want to mail to (including the email address) and then tied that to a DL that I created in ADUC. I made sure that the DL was mail enabled and I tied the public folder to the members portion. However when I go to send an email to that DL, it shows up as a post of sorts in the contact list in the public folder as opposed to actually sending that message to the email addresses listed. Where am I going wrong? As a sid...

Error 0x80040604: A folder by this name already exists
Hi All, About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it? Thanks, Drew forgot to add that I do have SP1 installed for Office 2007. "Drew W" <Blah@Blah.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook automatically downloading selected messages?
Hi all, I have 3 problems and I think they are all related: 1) I did set up my IMAP and HTML mail accounts to download only the headers of the messages it works, but *if I select a message* (without the Reading Pane open) Outlook downloads the message body and Header status icon next to the message changes in "downloaded". 2) This one looks like a bug but I'm sure it is related to the previous one: I compose a message click on "send" and the message goes to the Outbox, *if I select the message* the icon changes to edit mode and the message cannot be sent ...

Have over 300 messages (and growing) i can't open or delete!
Every time I try to access any message, I get an error message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." This has happened a few times in the past and I was able to ignore those messages. Now every message knocks me out of the program, some of these messages are about my bills, and I desperately need to be able to open them!! PLEASE HELP if you can. This is my first time to try this newsgroup. Thanks. You didn't say what ver of Outlook you are using. Have you tried using Help / Detect and Repair? If that didn't work, my second thou...