IMAP folders not bold even when new mail arrives

I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop folders
appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap folders do not
appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I click on the imap
folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail.  I rely on the
bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold
when new unread mail arrives?
0
sjmnyc (12)

I also wanted to note that my hotmail account folder using Outlook Connector
does bold when new unread mail is available.

"sjmnyc" wrote:

> I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop folders
> appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap folders do not
> appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I click on the imap
> folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail.  I rely on the
> bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold
> when new unread mail arrives?
0
sjmnyc (12)
7/14/2008 1:21:01 PM
sjmnyc <sjmnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop
> folders appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap
> folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I
> click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread
> mail.  I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make
> the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives?

Are you subscribed to the folders?  Do you have the send/receive group
containing the IMAP account configured to download the messages?  Do you
include that account in the send/receive?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/14/2008 1:51:12 PM
Yes - send/receive group containing the IMAP account configured to download
the messages. Yes - include that account in the send/receive.

I was not familiar with subscribing to IMAP folders.  I followed the
directions, click on the inbox of the imap folder, tools; IMAP folders,
query; subscribe and it seems like it does subscribe as the directions say.
This has no effect on my issue.  When I go back to the tools; imap folders
box nothing is there in the subscribe tab so I am not certain the subscribe
"took". I tried this many times each time with the same result; can I verify
my subscription?

During a single Outlook session I can send many emails to the imap account
and the folder will never show bold UNTIL i click on it and then it will be
bold with an unread message count.  I read all the message, bold goes away.
I send more message and the bold comes back and works correctly for that
Outlook session only.  Next time I start Outlook the folder will not be bold
even if I know there are unread messages and will never become bold until I
click on it then it works normally the rest of the session.  Thanks.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> sjmnyc <sjmnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop
> > folders appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap
> > folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I
> > click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread
> > mail.  I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make
> > the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives?
>
> Are you subscribed to the folders?  Do you have the send/receive group
> containing the IMAP account configured to download the messages?  Do you
> include that account in the send/receive?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
sjmnyc (12)
7/14/2008 6:30:01 PM
sjmnyc <sjmnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Yes - send/receive group containing the IMAP account configured to
> download the messages. Yes - include that account in the send/receive.

I'm afraid your at my limit of experience fixing IMAP account problems.
I've never thought IMAP handling was one of Outlook's strong suits.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/14/2008 7:21:33 PM
Yep, works exactly the same way here with my IMAP account.  I don't have a
solution for the problem, but I can confirm it's existence.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"sjmnyc" <sjmnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes - send/receive group containing the IMAP account configured to
download
> the messages. Yes - include that account in the send/receive.
>
> I was not familiar with subscribing to IMAP folders.  I followed the
> directions, click on the inbox of the imap folder, tools; IMAP folders,
> query; subscribe and it seems like it does subscribe as the directions
say.
> This has no effect on my issue.  When I go back to the tools; imap folders
> box nothing is there in the subscribe tab so I am not certain the
subscribe
> "took". I tried this many times each time with the same result; can I
verify
> my subscription?
>
> During a single Outlook session I can send many emails to the imap account
> and the folder will never show bold UNTIL i click on it and then it will
be
> bold with an unread message count.  I read all the message, bold goes
away.
> I send more message and the bold comes back and works correctly for that
> Outlook session only.  Next time I start Outlook the folder will not be
bold
> even if I know there are unread messages and will never become bold until
> click on it then it works normally the rest of the session.  Thanks.
>
> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > sjmnyc <sjmnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop
> > > folders appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap
> > > folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I
> > > click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread
> > > mail.  I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make
> > > the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives?
> >
> > Are you subscribed to the folders?  Do you have the send/receive group
> > containing the IMAP account configured to download the messages?  Do you
> > include that account in the send/receive?
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
hhh6225 (363)
7/15/2008 10:15:57 PM
sjmnyc explained :
> I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts.  The pop folders
> appear bold when they contain new unread email.  The imap folders do not
> appear bold when they contain new unread mail.  When I click on the imap
> folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail.  I rely on the
> bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold
> when new unread mail arrives?

Maybe an old thread, but I got the same problem(s) with IMAP on OL 2007
on Vista. I searched through many links, but none did solve my problem.
I came from OL2003, where the problem doesn't exist, and wonders why in
OL2007 the unread inboxes doesn't appear bold.

Then i played with the settings myself in the Send/Recieve-option, and
it seems that the problem is solved.

What did I do:
- Check the option: 'Use custom behavior defined below'
- Check the option: 'Download complete item including attachments' when
the inbox is marked.

This should solve the existing problem.

--
Regards,

Sjowhan

0
na4425 (1)

so many mails in our out queue
Dear All, We use exchange 5.5 +sp4 in these days. There are so many mails in our IMS-- >outbound messages awaiting delivery. And the Originator is not our domain name. I have done the following configuration --> in "routing restrictions" we select "hosts and clients that successfully authenticated" How can I stop the spam. By the way, we have to use POP3 in our client. Best Regards. Eden Disable the "hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" - have your clients use their ISP's SMTP server to send outbound mail. If that isn't pos...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Mails
Hi I have 500 user in my organization and one of the user is facing a very strange problem like whenever he send mail to anyone on the from field we are getting the full AD path. Could anyone help me in resolving this issue he is very senior most person in our organisation. Help will be highly thankfull. Regards, ...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

OUTGOING MASS MAILINGS
We have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP (all running with all the latest patches). We use Act! version 6.0 to generate mailing lists which we use to send out monthly newsletters. Act builds the messages and sends them to Outlook's 'Drafts" folder. Oulook then proceeds to send out the emails. We send out groups of 100 emails at a time (since Act can't handle more than 120 mass emails in this manner) until we have generated emails for all of our 1200 contacts. We always wait for all the messages to be sent out so the Outbox folder is empty when we start generating ...

E-mail Marketing Newsletters
I am attempting to create an html newsletter for e-mailing to my current clients. I have spent numerous hours trying to create a professional looking newsletter in html format with links to various information on the web using Publisher 2003. I have been experienceing the flaws of html format newsletters with text and graphics reacting in different ways per the program used to open and view them. Is an html format newsletter the best way to achieve a dynamic newsletter my clients can use as a resource to locate items on the web via links or should I be going down a totally different pa...

Unread messages in Public Folders
Hi all, I have two problems with public folders: - OWA nor Outlook doesn't display count of unread messages, regardless whether per-user read/unread information is checked or not - I'm unable to setup Outlook to show desktop alert on new messages in any public folder; the dummy rule with display desktop alert option doesn't work - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Robert On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:21:05 +0100, "Robert Goldwein" <robert.goldwein@dtptools.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have two problems with public folders: >- OWA nor Outlook doesn&#...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

How do I merge archieve folders in Outlook?
Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On new PC they show up as "Personal Folders" and a new set of empty Archieve folders has been created. How do I move the existing archieve folders from the Personal Folders to the new Archieve Folders? Thank you. Drag drop the items you want to move. "219Kimrod" <219Kimrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E2C1F96-A0D1-4186-971C-99E073378B49@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On > new PC they show up as "Per...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...