If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"

If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed"
but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar
receive. Is there a remedy?
0
Keyho (1)

Operation failed #7
Operation Failed message when Send/Receive is selected. Tried "Test Account Settings ..." got me online. I can send e-mail, but not Receive ...

Outlook send error
One of my users this morning came across this issue when trying to send an email. He tries to send an email with Outlook 2000, using Exchange 2000, he hits send and the first error is "Operation Failed". You hit OK, hit send again and this comes up "You do not have permission.... Check folder contact or system administrator" Any one with any idea? I have scoured support, and Outlook help and cannot find anything. Thanks in advance. ...

Error message "The operation failed"
Hi, we have a public contacts folder with a self designed form. This form includes a field called "Add. Notes". Since a few days, I cannot acces this field anymore when I try to create a view with this field, or when I try to drag and drop this field from the field chooser to the column title. I always get the error "The operation failed" - but this isn't really helpful :-( I've deleted the formscache already, no success. When I open an item with this field associated, it works perfectly in the form itself, only when I try to access the field from the preview pane i...

Ourlook....Operation Failed
Outlook 2000. Operating system windows 2000. For some reason I am not able to start my outlook anymore. When I try to open it I get an error: Operation Failed. How do I fix it? Scott ...

"operation failed" error
Hello- My hard drive recently crashed. I restored a full backup to a new computer and all appears to be working well. Word launches...I can create and save word documents Excel almost launches...I get a "One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run Setup to install it." I can create and save a new MSAccess database I have Outlook 2002 on my new computer. When I launch Outlook, all appears to be well. My email and various folders are all there. When I try to send/receive, I get the "Operation Failed" error. - I can delete messages - I c...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

The operation Failed. An object could not be found
OS XP, OL 2000 IMO I get this message when I try to close Archive folders. I can't close archive pst. Regards Plug ...

Send and Receive
For some reason when I do a send and receive I keep getting a "Operation Failed" pop up message. I can still send and receive but outlook does it automatically. Microsoft suggest making a new profile and basically starting over with outlook. I was wondering if anyone has run across this and has a better solution. Thanks. ...

The operation failed #8
Although internet access seems unaffected, suddenly, my outlook program refuses to download emails from the ISP. All it tells is "The operation failed." No word on how the patient is doing, however. Anyway, I couldn't find anything in the Help index or the knowledge base dealing with this issue. Does anyone know what the fix is for this? gba ...

Outlook Operation Failed
When I click on the "send - receive" button, a window pops up saying "Operation Failed". Does my computer have some kind of infection? Hi Jennifer, please create a new profile! And please dont post twice! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Jennifer" <jenncady@ezsg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:06e701c47528$a0a0c950$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on the "send - receive" button, a window > pops up saying "Operation Failed". Does my computer have > some kind of inf...

Operation Failed #16
Hi, I have got a problem with Outlook 2003 which is causing me problems the situation is this. I have a windows XP laptop connecting over a VPN to an Windows 2003 SBS server and using Outlook to recieve his emails. All looks okay for a start I start Outlook and see all his emails, I double click on them and they open but if I try and reply or do anything else with them I get an Operation Failed error box pops up. I have reinstalled Office, created new profiles but nothing works there is nothing in the Event Viewer or anywhere I can find. At the moment the user is using Webmail over the VPN and...

Operation Failed
Hi Can anyone please tell why clients keep getting operation failed errors when trying to open attachments? This only happens sometimes, and a reboot sometimes fixes this, I was wondering what the possible cause could be. Thx Paul ...

Attachments open causes operation failed message
I have a user who gets an "Operation Failed" when opening attachments. However, when he tries again later, the attachmnet miraculously opens. We make no changes to the PC, just wait a few minutes and it opens....any ideas. Thanks Depending on the type of attachment, it may be a problem with adequate RAM or virtual memory. Perhaps he has too many programs open at the same time and if he's trying to open a Word attachment, it's having to struggle to find memory to open Word on top of everything else. Also, if the attachment is tied to an application that resides on the...

operation failed error in outlook 2000
I've been using O-2000 for years under professional 2000 OS. suddenly I get operation failed error msg right after I see app fully displayed. ...

Email: Operation Failed
I just had to reinstall windows and was too stupid to back up my Outlook. I have reconfigured my email accounts, both of which pass the "test," however, when I click on "Send/Receive," I just get a message that says "Operation failed." HELP! ...

Autoarchive "Operation Failed"
When I try to autoarchive (Office XP, Exchange) the bottom right hand corner lists all the folders. Then the paper clip man says "Operation Failed" and seems to offer no help. Does anyone know of a resolution or even if this is something that can be ignored? Thanks Mark Greenway ...

error 0x8de00006 "The Operation Failed" when trying to send mail
When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error 0x8DE00006 "The Operation Failed". I don't have problems with other e-mails or forwarding items Outlook 07 , 98 , 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, ????????????? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "tedo" <tedo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0545B-456A-4CED-8635-A973D4DFF4CD@microsoft.com... > When I try to send an e-mail with a picture, I get the message error...

Operation Failed. Object Cannot Be Found.
Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a manual send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Receive Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The operation failed. The object cannot be found." My email goes through GoDaddy's hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue and they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all means, but all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about Outlook 2000...and other suggestions that are ...

Really puzzled when I get "operation failed"
I've been using Outlook 2002 for a couple of years with no trouble (xp pro) and last night out of the blue I get "operation failed" whenever I click the "send/receive" button. I've changed nothing that I know of. I seem to be able to send an email.... just not receive anything. I CAN receive in Outlook Express... but all my files and contacts are in Outlook. I checked to see if Outlook was still my chosen email program. It is. Would anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? Sandra Have you tried using the "Detect and Repair" option on the HELP...

Tried to send/receive and got message "The Operation Failed. An o.
I set up my e-mail account in Outlook and ran a "test" and it was successful. However, when I used the send/receive I am receiving a message "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." However, when I put the same information in Outlook Express it worked fine. Any ideas? I also had a similar type of problem ,sometimes back and found out that the problem was due to Offline Address Book Synronization. You need to cross- check whether this is happening at many desktops in your LAN or just a single,In case many - then the problem is Server side "Offline A...

SEND/RECEIVE "Operation Failed" #2
I recently had Office XP and tried the trial version of Office 2003. My 30 days expired so I reinstalled Office XP. Now, every time I click on the SEND/RECEIVE button to receive my emails it tells me "The Operation Failed", but I am still able to send email. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP, but no luck. PLEASE HELP! Jamie because it fails on send receive, find and delete the *.srs file for your profile. It's at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook did you make a new profile or use the one you used with Ol2003? ...

Outlook 2007 Task Pane: Operation Failed. An object could not be found
I just noticed recently that the task preview pane located in the To-Do-Bar area, and also under the calendar view page was blank with the words "Operation Failed. An object could not be found." There have been no major changes to my operating system and I did not install any add-ons to Outlook or Office. Any ideas? Andrew Did you try Office Diagnostics (Help menu) ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Error: The operation failed
When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I receive the following message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Outlook Express is working and I'm using the exact same settings in Outlook (I double-checked them twice!). Outlook is listed as my default e-mail account. Sounds like a damaged profile, create a new one from the control panel by double clicking the mail icon "Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10f6c01c3f442$cae54db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I receive the > ...

error message Operation failed. An object could not be found
I not have Microsoft Outlook and would like to use it instead of Outlook Express. I followed all the instructions for moving information from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook and it all moved. I cannot send or received messages through Microsoft outlook. You need to set your "account" up. What version of Outlook do you use? Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider) -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Bonnie" <bholland3@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:053c01c39520$15b2b030$a401280a@phx.gbl... I not have Microsoft Outlook and would like to use it i...

Operation failed #3
I get the follow error: The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. I found information about it in the knowledge base. Ran through the steps and it did not work. The email I open to that causes the error is not in rich text format it is in plain text. Please help. outlook 2000 windows XP Thanks ...