IE7 Opening wrong email program

Outlook 2003 is set as my default email program and yet when I am on the web
with IE7 (& Vista) when I click File/Send/Page By Email IE7 opens Windows
Mail instead of Outlook, why?  My addressbook is not even present in Windows
Mail.

--
Thanks... Bob

0
bobnewman1 (115)

Click the tools button in IE, the select Options and the Programs tab.

There is a button near the bottom which should let you set Outlook as the
default mail cient.

Hope this helps,
--
Thanks,
John Guin

"Bob Newman" wrote:

> Outlook 2003 is set as my default email program and yet when I am on the web
> with IE7 (& Vista) when I click File/Send/Page By Email IE7 opens Windows
> Mail instead of Outlook, why?  My addressbook is not even present in Windows
> Mail.
>
> --
> Thanks... Bob

Thanks.  It was selected elsewhere but I guess IE has it's own setting.

Bob

"John Guin" <john (dot) guin (at) hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Click the tools button in IE, the select Options and the Programs tab.
>
> There is a button near the bottom which should let you set Outlook as the
> default mail cient.
>

> Hope this helps,
> --
> Thanks,
> John Guin
> OneNote Test Team
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>

> "Bob Newman" wrote:
>
>> Outlook 2003 is set as my default email program and yet when I am on the
>> web
>> with IE7 (& Vista) when I click File/Send/Page By Email IE7 opens Windows
>> Mail instead of Outlook, why?  My addressbook is not even present in
>> Windows
>> Mail.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks... Bob

0
bobnewman1 (115)

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C816CA.6F294680

go to Intenet Options.
Click on Programs, Set Programs.
Click on Program Access & Computer Defaults.
Click on downward arrow to the right of Microsoft Windows.
You can make sure that you current email program is selected there =
rather than Windows Mail.

It works on my Vista machine - it goes to OUTLOOK , so this should work =
for you.

--=20
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C816CA.6F294680

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>go to Intenet Options.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Click on Programs, Set =
Programs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Click on Program Access &amp; Computer=20
Defaults.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Click on downward arrow to the right of =
Microsoft=20
Windows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You can make sure that you current =
email program is=20
selected there rather than Windows Mail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It works on my Vista machine - it goes =
to OUTLOOK ,=20
so this should work for you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>Laura Rooke<BR>Microsoft MVP =
Mobile=20
Devices</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C816CA.6F294680--

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

open two different Access reports

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Sending Email #6

opening a .docx with word 2004

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

ExCel programming

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>