IE6 ignore font size setting = Outlook fixed 12-pt messages

Setting IE6's Accessibility option to Ignore font sizes
specified on web pages (so I can read online newspaper
text at my 1600x1200 resolution setting) produces an
undesirable side effect in my Outlook 2K-generated html-
format email messages: all message text is fixed at 12
point, even though my Outlook default message size is set
at 10 point. Manually changing the font size in the
message has no effect.

Closest KB article I can find is one for Outlook Express
(#178895), which indicates "this is by design." If so, why
would someone who wants to vary the font size displayed on
web pages want to fix their email message font size at 12
point? 12 point is passable at 1600x1200 resolution, but
most people run at a lower resolution than that, making
the email messages appear gargantuan, like a grade school
primer.

Does anyone know a solution to this quirk? I simply want
to vary the text size of web pages, and simultaneously
want to maintain the ability to vary the size of my html-
format email text.

CRM address book in Outlook

File size #11

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Maximum file sizes

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

message delivery problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails