IE 6 won't install...

downloaded IE 6 w/outlook express...it gets to 83%
installed then I get a message " software doesn't pass
logo test for XP ?  and won't install?
0
westy523 (4)

Wrong group ....

microsoft.public.windows.inetexploer.ie6_outlookexpress
or
microsoft.public.windows.inetexploer.ie6.setup
or
microsoft.public.windows.inetexploer.ie6.browser

William

"westy" <westy523@comcast.net> wrote in message
> downloaded IE 6 w/outlook express...it gets to 83%
> installed then I get a message " software doesn't pass
> logo test for XP ?  and won't install?

0
noWDSspam (5)

Charts #6
I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) Thanks! Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html kimw wrote: > I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I > add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? > (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) ...

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

FRx 6.5 Reports with FRx 6.7 Report Server
Can FRx 6.5 reports work with FRx 6.7 Report Server without being upgraded to FRx 6.7? Any Help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CE4EA95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrew, Thanks for the question about FRx 6.5 and 6.7. I would recommend having your entire FRx environment operating on the same version. When using different versions of FRx in one environment it can create problems. Let us know if you have any questions. David Treleaven Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via you...

Installation Problems SQL 2005
I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service" I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and running. Can anyone help? Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server? -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "jl815" wrote: > I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business > Edition "Service mssearch was not found on com...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

New install of Great Plains v8.0
Hi I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password is valid. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks What message are you seeing? Did you setup a DSN to connect to the Great Plains SQL server? "Jitu" wrote: > Hi > > I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities > application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password > is valid. > > Does anyone know how to fix this? > > Thanks > > > s...

Excel links #6
I have a word document that I have a link to an excel worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. In Excel it fits on one page width. But when I link it, it doesn't fit the width. This is due for a client today I need help. Hi, Can't you select it and drag to resize?? jr >-----Original Message----- >I have a word document that I have a link to an excel >worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel >worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. > >In Excel it fits on one p...

After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have h
After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have happen in registry? Because I need to read the value of registry ,please tell me all the changes in registry. I appreciate your help. -- jake After you install "a piece of software" in Windows, some number of registry keys, dependent entirely on whatever the person writing the installation decided should be modified, have been modified. In addition, once you run it, some other keys, defined by the person who coded it, and based on whatever actions the user has taken, will be changed. Each piece of software is ...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

OWA
Here's a weird one. I'm the Admin for the server at our company. I test OWA from home. I first tried to log in to all accounts. Worked fine. All of a sudden (within the next few days) I tried to log in under my acct...it works, BUT every other user that I try to log in as I get a error 401 Unauthorized User. But this is the weird part... if I use another browser (Netscape, Firefox) I can log in fine...under ANY user...just not when using IE. Any suggestions? The only thing that I did on the local side was install the OWA security S/MIME thing. This wouldn't have anything t...

Re-install
I am running Office 2003 Standard. Outlook was crashing on startup so I uninstalled it using the CD. When trying to reinstall the process gives an error message that it cannot find the file PCW_CAB_PATCH and will not proceed. There is no option to enter a location for that file. The file is not on the CD nor is it on my computer. Does anybody know what this means Thanks ...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Installing Problem SQL SP3a
Hello NG, If got a new W2K3-Server with installed AD and SQL2000 with SP3a. The machine works properly. On installing CRM1.2 the following error occurs: 'The specified SQL-Server must be running Microsoft SQL-Server version 2000 SP3 or later.' Please help me. Thanks, Andreas. ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

how can I enlarge OE 6 send email box?
when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. "pajel5" wrote: > when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE > 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? It used to open to normal size. Why did it change? There has to be a way to get it back like it was. "Mary" wrote: > Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. > > "pajel5" wrote: > >...

Outlook will not launch after installing latest MS patch
I'm running Windows XP Pro. Received MS Auto update notification to install lastest security upgrades which I do religiously and did this time. Rebooted, clicked on outlook 2002 icon, got "hourglass" for a few seconds then nothing. Outlook did not launch. Rebooted - same thing. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated! Thanks! Does Outlook start in safe mode? (outlook.exe /safe) if the answer is yes, try renaming the file named outcmd.dat. "topcorner" <topcorner@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:031201c369d7$69a67e70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm runn...

exchange 2007 installation error
Hi to u all, When I install exchange 2007, I receive the following error from the GUI installation: ****start of message*********************** Summary: 4 items. 3 succeeded, 1 failed. Elapsed time: 01:05:56 Copy Exchange Files Completed Elapsed Time: 00:13:08 Hub Transport Role Completed Elapsed Time: 00:12:49 Client Access Role Completed Elapsed Time: 00:13:41 Mailbox Role Failed Error: An error occurred. error code was 3238230409 message was An internal component is not responding.." ******end of message*************** The tree steps about the schema domain completed secc...

Tennessee Frist Sales Tax Holiday 8/4/06 to 8/6/06?
Hello, Today I got a memo from the Tennessee Department of Revenue for a Back-to-School Supplies, Clothing, and Computers Tax-Exempt During Tennessee's First Sales Tax Holiday. In August of this year, Tennessee will hold its first annual sales tax holiday, giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certian school suppliers, computers and clothing tax-free for a specific period of time beginning at 12:01am on Friday, Aug 4 and ending at 11:59pl on Sunday, Aug 6. We have stores on all different parts of Tennessee with different items sales tax base on their location. I saw two opt...

The options turn to grey when I open excel files at IE
If I use another PC. It's no problem. I use Office XP. Thank you very much! My first guess is that opening excel files inside might be the problem. But I just tried it (xl2002, MSIE 6.0, and win98), and the Options were ok (except for one--statusbar). So.... What options are you writing about? And if you are opening within MSIE, you may want to stop that behavior and just open in excel. >From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Workshee...

Agent Install on EBS 2008 Failing
I am running DPM 2007 on Windows Storage Server 2003 (Dell DP600 appliance) and trying to protect EBS 2008 which is virtualized. However, I followed the technet article here to setup things: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512491(WS.10).aspx But I am unable to successfully install the agent on the EBS 2008 servers and get them to talk to DPM. I followed the last part of - To install a DPM protection agent. The agents appear to be installed on the Management, Security and Messaging servers, but cannot seem to attach properly to the DPM server. They show in Err...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

MSComm use in VC 6.0
Hello. I am using MSComm in my VC 6.0 application, for using the COM1, and COM2, etc... ports. (It has a telephone glyph - the activeX name is : Microsoft communication control). By class wizard I have added a member variable of the name : m_com_port for that control. I need a sample for VC 6.0 for reading and writing to com port (may be com1, i.e), and some explanation on this component, please. Thanks :) Check out the VCTERM sample in the MSDN documentation. The wrapper classes in the sample were originally created with VC5, and the control has been modified since then to support diff...

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...