I want to open archived email attachments

I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
as these are emails I know the source for.
Please help.

"Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> as these are emails I know the source for.
> Please help.

And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110%
that the scource is NOT infected?

0
gbplinux (1141)
8/1/2007 2:49:31 PM
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
>> as these are emails I know the source for.
>> Please help.
>>

> And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110%
> that the scource is NOT infected?

You should ALWAYS scan EVERY attachment you receive - you cannot POSSIBLY
know that the source is clean.

0
gbplinux (1141)
8/1/2007 2:59:07 PM
On Aug 1, 8:59 am, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

> > "Scott" <bobbb.bb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> >> as these are emails I know the source for.
> >> Please help.
>
> > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110%
> > that the scource is NOT infected?
>
> You should ALWAYS scan EVERY attachment you receive - you cannot POSSIBLY
> know that the source is clean.

to Gordon
Sadness - why you are angry is not really my concern, I only hope you
are addressing it in your own way.

to All
Listen, if you can answer my question great.
If not, please try and restrain yourself.
Arguments about personal computer policies are handled at www.slashdot.org.

Shanti ;)

> On Aug 1, 8:59 am, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

>> > "Scott" <bobbb.bb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know
>> > 110%
>> > that the scource is NOT infected?
>>
>> You should ALWAYS scan EVERY attachment you receive - you cannot POSSIBLY
>> know that the source is clean.
>
> to Gordon
> Sadness - why you are angry is not really my concern, I only hope you
> are addressing it in your own way.

I'm angry at your STUPIDITY and ARROGANCE.. Your attitude is why the
internet is awash with viruses and trojans.

0
gbplinux (1141)
8/1/2007 3:16:12 PM
So whats stopping you?
The  archive is stored on the hd, and is open within OL?

"Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> as these are emails I know the source for.
> Please help.

0
DL
8/1/2007 5:18:33 PM
On Aug 1, 11:18 am, "DL" <address@invalid> wrote:
> So whats stopping you?
> The  archive is stored on the hd, and is open within OL?
>
> "Scott" <bobbb.bb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> > as these are emails I know the source for.
> > Please help.- Hide quoted text -

Whenever I double click an attachment, I get the following:

"Attachment Security Warning"
"WARNING!"
"This file may contain a virus that can be harmful to your computer.
You must save this file to disk before it can be opened.  It is
important to be VERY certain that this file is safe before you open
it."

"Filename: blah blah.doc"
"Type: Microsoft Word Document"
"Save to Disk...Cancel"

The extra step is superfulous and annoying.  In my case, because I
know the source of these documents.  They wouldn't be archived if I
didn't.

"Scott" wrote in message
> I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> as these are emails I know the source for.

And so WHY can't you save the attachments from those old archived
e-mails?  If the attachments are gone from your archived e-mails, you
remove the attachments before those e-mails got archived.

0
vanguard.x (49)
8/1/2007 9:29:07 PM
On Aug 1, 3:29 pm, "Vanguard" <vanguar...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Scott" wrote in message

> > I don't want to save to disk first.  There is no danger from viruses
> > as these are emails I know the source for.
>
> And so WHY can't you save the attachments from those old archived
> e-mails?  If the attachments are gone from your archived e-mails, you
> remove the attachments before those e-mails got archived.

I never said I couldn't save the attachments, I said I DID NOT WANT
TO!

Man, I'm glad I figured out how to tweak this in the registry on my
own.  You guys were exactly NEGATIVE HELP.
You're actually taking away from the good karma in this world.  Better
you tied a rope around your necks than to troll this forum and pester
people with your questions to questions without any answers.
And yes! I do mean to kill yourselves!   You're both wastes of space
and undeserving of oxygen.

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

open two different Access reports

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Sending Email #6

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

attachment previewers not installed?

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...