I say use Account 1, but OL uses Account 2

OL 2003, SP2

I started experiencing a strange phenom a few days ago.  I have OL set up
with a number of different accounts.

The default account we'll call Account 1.  I noticed that when I send email
to one particular person (at an AOL account, fwiw). my copy of the message
(found in my Sent Items folder) shows it to have been sent from one of my
other accounts (call it "Account 2").  Since noting that, I've been
extremely careful to make sure I've even manually selected the sending
account.

Other symptoms:

1) The aol recipient is not receiving the messages (though he has always in
the past).

2) On messages sent (presumably from default Account 1) to multiple
recipients that include this aol correspondent:
------My copy in Sent Items shows the message to all having been sent from
Account 2.
------The recipients OTHER than the aol guy say that the message appears to
have come from default Account 1 (which it SHOULD have).
-------NON-OUTLOOK symptoms that may be relevant or helpful, so I'll include
them here:
-------------------If any of the other recipients hit "reply all", they get
some error message that the response won't go through to aol-guy. (not sure
of the exact message
-------------------My copy of the reply shows aol-guy's email address in a
strange format: " 'FirstName LastName \(aol-guy's email address\)' " --The
backward slashes have never been there before.

I know that some of these symptoms seem to have nothing to do with OL, but
what's up with the business of being sent out from the wrong account?  This
can prove embarassing if it starts happening wholesale!

Many thanks.

Ken

0
air (32)

There is a way to specify the sending account. There is a little down arrow
next to Send/Receive and you should be able to say Send Using....%account2%.

"Ken" <allstates[no_spam]air@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OL 2003, SP2
>
> I started experiencing a strange phenom a few days ago.  I have OL set up
> with a number of different accounts.
>
> The default account we'll call Account 1.  I noticed that when I send
> email to one particular person (at an AOL account, fwiw). my copy of the
> message (found in my Sent Items folder) shows it to have been sent from
> one of my other accounts (call it "Account 2").  Since noting that, I've
> been extremely careful to make sure I've even manually selected the
> sending account.
>
> Other symptoms:
>
> 1) The aol recipient is not receiving the messages (though he has always
> in the past).
>
> 2) On messages sent (presumably from default Account 1) to multiple
> recipients that include this aol correspondent:
> ------My copy in Sent Items shows the message to all having been sent from
> Account 2.
> ------The recipients OTHER than the aol guy say that the message appears
> to have come from default Account 1 (which it SHOULD have).
> -------NON-OUTLOOK symptoms that may be relevant or helpful, so I'll
> include them here:
> -------------------If any of the other recipients hit "reply all", they
> get some error message that the response won't go through to aol-guy. (not
> sure of the exact message
> -------------------My copy of the reply shows aol-guy's email address in a
> strange format: " 'FirstName LastName \(aol-guy's email address\)' " --The
> backward slashes have never been there before.
>

> I know that some of these symptoms seem to have nothing to do with OL, but
> what's up with the business of being sent out from the wrong account?
> This can prove embarassing if it starts happening wholesale!
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Ken

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

FW: Use this security pack from MS Corporation
--gsydeaoodkdrzxm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lohgixbpannvck"; type="multipart/alternative" --lohgixbpannvck Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zgzowyecznv" --zgzowyecznv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

Using wildcards w/ sumproduct
I'm not familiar with wildcards in formulas, and I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do here. If the first 3 letters in cells of column A contain FPC, then sum corresponding rows in column P, then by the total number of cells in column AT where the first 3 letters are FPC. =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$A$3:$A$20003="FPC"))),(closed!$P$3:$P$20003)/SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$AT$3:$AT$20003="FPC"))))) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanx, ~Julz Hi if I understood you correctly try =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(closed!$A$3:$A$20003)=&qu...

Outlook using RPC over HTTP and Passwords
We have implemented mandatory password changes every 60 days and the remote users with Outlook over http and not given an opportunity to change the password when it expires. After the 60 days they can't get in and I need to change their password on the server. Is there something I need to do? or fix? VPN users are being prompted to change their passwords and can change them themselves. -- Regards Chris Can they change them from OWA? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/...

How Message Format work for POP3 account?
I created an account in active directory and created mailbox for it. I want this account to have only POP3 access. Because the POP3 client is some old one, I need the message body received by this account be sent to POP3 client in plain text format. So, I went to "Exchange Features" tab (we are using Exchange Server 2003) in this account's properties window and configured the POP3 properties as below: Uncheck "use protocol defaults", select "MIME" and select "Provide message body as plain text"; the default character set is "Western European (...

How can I find out which apps are using .NET and which not?
I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their associated special packs. How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'cut-one-out' method, I do not want to uninstall and see what has stopped working.) I am aware that the different .NETS are individually and separately usable by different apps - my questions is what app uses which? Thanks for any pointers occam wrote: > I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their > associated special packs. > > How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'c...

add values using vlookup over multi sheets
I have a workbook which contains about 20 worksheets. In sheet1 I have a list of numbers which could be also on the other 19 sheets. What I need to do is look at each of the other 19 sheets to see if they have the number which is on sheet1 and if so I need to get the numerical data in the 5th column to be returned and added together. ie sheet1 a1 = 2001 sheet4 a5 = 2001 e5 = 2 sheet6 a21 = 2001 e21 = 5 therefore sheet1 b1 = e5 + e21 = 7 Hopefully someone could help me. Thanks Noemi Try... =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("2:20"))&&q...

I Need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100
Merry Christmas, I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do this? put 100 in a cell, copy it, select row 2 and 3, do edit>paste special and check divide Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do > this? Put "=1/3" in a cell and then select it, copy, then select rows 2 and 3 and click edit | paste special | multiply. "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 b...

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

Sub report won't show lines using PrintLinesClass
Hi, I'm using PrintLinesClass in a sub report, which works well. Opening the Parent report shows also the lines in the sub report correctly, in preview view, but not when printing the report. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any hint! Joerg Try increasing the resolution(quality) setting of your printer driver. Change the color of the lines from Black to a blue or dark grey color. Increase the thickness of the lines via the DrawWidth property. -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups s...

FWD: Use pack
--nozugocqswhapz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ocmbostjnqamcd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ocmbostjnqamcd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wtcazseafbqr" --wtcazseafbqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

prevent blank cell #2
How do I prevent users of my workbook from making a cell blank? I want them to be able to edit it so have left it unprotected but I donot want them to be able to leave it blank. It looks as if the Data Validation command should do it, but I can't get it to work. Your repeat post appears as a reply to the thread in my browser. As a result, I almost didn't read your post on the assumption that your question had already been answered. I suspect many others did ignore your post for the same reason. Assuming that you know how to set up the validation condition (uncheck "I...

Account Lockouts from Exchange?
Hello, everyone: I'm having some difficulty, and I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight. I have attached a lot of materials to this post, so if I refer to something, and you don't see it right away, just scroll down. Last week, I implemented an account lockout policy on our Windows Server 2003 domain. Almost immediately, my account was locked out. I set the account lockout threshold to 5 attempts, over a 30 minute period, and to lock out indefinitely. I assumed that I had logged onto someone's machine and they had then typed in their password and locked me...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Cash Flow Doesn't Display #2
Folks - Any ideas on how to get Cash Flow to start displaying? (Money 2007 Deluxe) I've followed the KB Q312814 article doing one run of manual deleting each Bill -- didn't work and then the mass Bills delete under repair -- didn't work either. Even though the Bill summary is empty, Cash Flow screen doesn't come up. I have run through the Standard Repair. (Don't have/use Budget or Debt Reduction) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Dale. ...

setting up cash portion of account
One of my money accounts has a money market sweep account. How do I change money so that all cash transactions get posted to the seep account as opposed to the "cash" account. thanks much! gb1, Your investment account and your sweep account should not be two separate accounts in Money. All cash transactions in the single investment account are swept periodically (daily?) into the sweep investment (not an account). Treat the sweep investment like you would any other investment in the account. When choosing the type of investment from the investment wizard, choose money mark...

how create project with mfc #2
thank you for reply, i'm on way learn , i have book on visual c++, but it is too diff j# an c++ in win api ... and mfc thank you very much, i take your recommend... Regards, Vis_line - ViS_Line ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

XML Serialization problem ( ver.2)
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

IRS Schedule D & Schedule D-1 prep.
Hey there, Any Spreadsheet / template (Excel97) to prepare IRS Schedule D & Schedule D-1? I need to file back tax returns (1995 & 1999!!!) and I need to prepare Schedule D & D-1. I have thousands of stock trades on my spreadsheet. Anything out there (free preferably) that can import this and prepare the Schedules? MANY THANKS! Adam Paul, GREAT!!!! MANY MANY Thanks!!!! Adam >-----Original Message----- >There may be something here. The site has tax schedules in Excel. > >http://home.mchsi.com/~taxcalculator/download.htm? > > >HTH >Paul >-----...

2 WITH statements
Doing this in SQL 2005. How do you connect 2 WITH statements. I'm trying to use (;) or (,) and neither is working. What am I doig wrong. I'm just tyring to get the second WITH table to show up. Thanks from a newbie ******************************************************************* WITH MtdCount(TraderID, MTD) AS (SELECT Commission.TraderID, COUNT(Trades.Broker) AS MTD FROM Trades RIGHT OUTER JOIN Commission ON Trades.Broker = Commission.TraderID WHERE (Trades.TradeDate >= DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(mm, 0, @TradeDate), 0)) AND (Trades.TradeDate <= @TradeDa...

Recipient Policy not working #2
I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the information stores from backups. Everything seems to be working fine, but now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address for them. The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it did before. Any ideas? Hi Andrew Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

CRM usage reports #2
What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM - what are the crm's "most visited" areas - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc. These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades in advance and things like that Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something entirely different? I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, v...