I'm not receiving emails from some senders, and vice versa

Hi all - for the last 6 months or so, I have not been receiving all
the emails that people (including clients) send me.  I'm using Outlook
2003.  I thought it might be my ISP's fault, so I switched recently to
Earthlink.  It's not any better; in fact, it's a bit worse.  For the
past week or so, I now hardly ever receive any of the email one of my
colleagues sends to me (she telecommutes, has the same domaine name
email as I do, but uses a different ISP than I do), and she hardly
ever receives my replies.  If I use the Webmail of my hosting company
to send emails, they arrive with no problem.  I have checked my spam
filter, and that is not the problem.

It has been suggested to me that it could be that my ISP is
blacklisted by certain servers, and that my ISP or hosting company
also blacklists certain servers.  Hard to believe, though, that
Earthlink would be blacklisted, as it's such a big, popular company.
Any ideas on what might be happenning?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

0
info3844 (1)

"FWE" <info@wine-tours-france.com> wrote in message
> Hi all - for the last 6 months or so, I have not been receiving all
> the emails that people (including clients) send me.  I'm using Outlook
> 2003.  I thought it might be my ISP's fault, so I switched recently to
> Earthlink.  It's not any better; in fact, it's a bit worse.  For the
> past week or so, I now hardly ever receive any of the email one of my
> colleagues sends to me (she telecommutes, has the same domaine name
> email as I do, but uses a different ISP than I do), and she hardly
> ever receives my replies.  If I use the Webmail of my hosting company
> to send emails, they arrive with no problem.  I have checked my spam
> filter, and that is not the problem.
>
> It has been suggested to me that it could be that my ISP is
> blacklisted by certain servers, and that my ISP or hosting company
> also blacklists certain servers.  Hard to believe, though, that
> Earthlink would be blacklisted, as it's such a big, popular company.
> Any ideas on what might be happenning?  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

Earthlink is a big company, so they have lots of subscribers, of which a
proportion will be part of a botnet, so might be blacklisted. View the
headers of your sent emails to see what the IP address of your smtp server
is, then check it against

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

0
John
2/1/2007 10:38:59 AM

| Earthlink is a big company, so they have lots of subscribers, of which a
| proportion will be part of a botnet, so might be blacklisted. View the
| headers of your sent emails to see what the IP address of your smtp server
| is, then check it against
|
| http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
|
| --
| John Blessing

Since there a so many different blacklists these days (some that list entire
blocks of dynamic IP addresses) it may not even be on spamcop.

www.dnsstuff.com will let you check all of them at once.

Tom

0
tompepper (36)

forwarding an email fails to open Word
Outlook seems to work like normal when I open it, until I try to forward something. I've never had a problem until now. When I click on "forward", it attempts to open MS Word and just hangs there... Any suggestions for trouble shooting or resetting Thanks, T.J. ...

stop adding a contact when emailing or replying
I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing to be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step please. "Marine 1stSgt" <Marine1stSgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A561EE5-A1E2-4E02-8074-5D77AD4370EA@microsoft.com... > I am using Office Outlook 2007 and I don't want the person I am emailing > to > be added in my contacts in my address book. Looking for step by step > please. > Outlook doesn't do this unless you have a third-party add-in. Maybe you are thinki...

Prompt for choosing category at receiving/sending mail
Can anyone tell me how I can force an Outlook 2003 user to choose a category when he recieves/sends mail? When I try to create a rule I have to choose the categories already, this is not what I want. The user must automatically get the dialog to choose a category at the moment he receives/sends mail. ...

Way to have a workflow rule remove emails from a Queue
We have a lot of reports that are automatically emailled from our clients (eg Backups etc). We don't use Exchange instead the emails are recieved into an email account and then they get promoted to CRM using the Outlook client and end up in our 'Reports' queue. Currently, we have to manually 'delete' (the delete that just removes the item from the queue not deletes the email entirely) each. What we would like to do is create a workflow that will do this for us. I have created a rule that selects the right emails but I cannot find an action that removes them just from th...

Total Number of SMTP messages sent/received
Does anyone know how to determine the total number of SMTP messages sent/recieved for an Exchange Org? Are there any tools available that can help extract this info? TIA On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:19:25 -0500, Artie <noela@mail.nih.gov> wrote: >Does anyone know how to determine the total number of SMTP messages >sent/recieved for an Exchange Org? Are there any tools available that can >help extract this info? > >TIA http://www.msexchange.org/software/Reporting/ Get GFi Mail Essentials. Disclaimer, Anti Spam and bridgehead reporting. All in one. "Artie"...

? about "popup" transparent notification that I've received an ema
Can you please tell me how the transparent popup in the bottom right-hand corner appears on my email while at work. I use Outlook Professional at work, and at home, non-pro. How can I get Outlook to do this? There is only the single version of Outlook, not including the differing year versions Look in email options in whatever version of outlook you have, eg OutlookXp (2002), outlook 2003 etc "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51F00AF-E05D-4822-9973-9178184577E9@microsoft.com... > Can you please tell me how the transparent popup in the...

Receiving two identical Emails
When I receive an email from one of my friends I get two both with the same time and subject, in fact identical. I don't know if it is a problem with my setup or his. He is the only person that this happens and he is sure it is due to me. We both are running Office 2003 Pro. Any help would be gratefully received. davidsmallridgehat@tiscali.co.uk "Please remove hat before you reply" If you have AV or a firewall scanning your mail, turn off the mail scanning portion. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due...

Email Tracking problems 10-05-07
Hi I'm having problems with emailtracking. In general all mail tracks through CRM but som mail encounters this error message: the attachment i either not a valid type or is too large. it cannot be uploaded or downloaded any suggestions? Hi, There is a registry setting about setting the maximum attachment size. Log on to your CRM server, and look at the following keys: maxuploadfilesize BlockedAttachments The keys can be found in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Best regards, Merijn http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "Ivar A Hagen" wrote: > Hi > > I'm having prob...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP #2
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Safe Senders modification via scripts
Hello! I am looking for a way to modify the Safe Senders list in Outlook/OWA to remove an entry. I am familiar with the XML AddToTS function to add Trusted Senders, but I am looking for a way to dump the Safe Senders list, remove an entry, and then re-import it. Is this possible? David Harr Systems Administrator, MIS - Engineering Univision Communications Inc. ...

Urgent!!! A double email issue, help!
Hi, everyone. I came across an issue regarding sending and receiving email. Here is the situation; I have two profiles set up in Outlook express 6. One is, say, a@a.a and the other one is b@b.b, the a account is default. everytime when I try to send an email to my friend using a account, my friend will receive two copies of the same email, one of the copies is from a account while the other one is from b. However, when he receive emails sent from other people instead of me, everything is ok. I guess that's probably because of problem on my side. Can anyone help me on this? Any s...

Multiple copies of same email
Hi, I am using the following configuration: + Outlook 2000 + IMAP I am receiving multiple copies of the same email message. The behaviour is very odd. The first copy of the message is a bit of an anomoly and it includes several copies of the 'To' and 'CC' lines. The second copy is correct and contains only one copy of the 'To' and 'CC' lines. If I delete either message, Outlook flags the 'correct' one as deleted. The 'anomoly' eventually gets updated and becomes flagged as deleted. If I might guess, it seems that the server contains only on...

Inbox Email Show Blank From Field
Can anyone help with this problem please. Some Inbox email show a blank From Field. The messages are from internal users and are not spam. Also the from field is viewable in the preview pane and when opening the message but not in folder view. I've tried restting the folder view but to no avail. Also when the message is copied into another mailbox or a pst the From field remains blank in the folder view. Client is Outlook 2002 SP2. Server software is Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 Standard. Thanks, Phil ...

import contacts and emails
how do i import all my emails and contacts from incredimail to windows mail to make this my default client also incredimail has this feature that when you create new mail and put in a leter in the to bar it automaticly put up surgestions of who to send this email too, dose windows mail have this feature. thanks in advance. This may help.... http://email.about.com/od/incredimailtips/qt/How_to_Export_Mail_from_IncrediMail_to_Another_Email_Program.htm http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/help_center/help_article.aspx?article_id=99&lang_id=9 http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/t...

I keep getting the same email message over and over again
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I received an email about 5 hours ago with a large file attached. The same message has been coming in over and over again and I can't get it to stop. Is this a problem on my end or the sender's? I can send emails out and get emails coming in, but it's really clogging my inbox. I've quit Entourage and opened it up again, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks. On 2010-04-15 09:42:59 -0400, annah@officeformac.com said: > The same message has been coming in over and over again and I can't get ...

Mail won't automatically forward from outlook 2000 to another email account not on exchange server
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3193857361_3699260 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I have tried several times using rules wizard on outlook 2000 to have my mail forwarded automatically to no avail. I am in a small office running exchange 2002 I would like to have all incoming mail to an IMAP server account. Any suggestions? --B_3193857361_3699260 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-enc...

"Sender" rather than "From"
Hi, an Exchange 2003 setup, email thru ISA 2000. When Netscape reads an email sent from the above server, the field "From" is blank but the sender name appears in the "Sender" filed. It's ok BUT Outlook Express can't interpret that (seems strange to me). Also, OE will sometimes see "XXX send email on behalf of YYY" appear in the "from" field. Is this a feature or is there a trick to change that? Evans ...

protecting specific designated emails from auto-archiving/deleting
(Outlook 2007) New to Outlook. Emails are coming into in-box and organized by received date and grouping. Would like to take advantage of auto archiving/deleting but want certain emails to resist deletion with the auto feature and also be moved to a message specific folder. Is there someway to flag an email so that it can't be deleted with auto-deleting? -- Barry Mark the folder that you are moving these emails to for Never Archiving. = Then ensure you don't have universal archiving set. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

How can set up receiving 3 differnt email account is Outlook
I have three different email accounts, home, work, etc how can I receive all of them to my inbox in my new Outlook?????? I just changed from OE to Outlook, the job required it........Peter Go into Tools> E-mail Accounts and click "Add a new e-mail account". Then follow the promps adding all the nessessary info for your new account (inoming/outgoing POP, etc.). Now repeat this process for each additional account. You'll also want to create a new folder for each account and set a rule for each incoming email to go to the specified account (home, office, kids, etc.) ...

Outlook 2003, Receiving Email
I just set up Outlook 2003 and can send email but cannot receive it. Any ideas. Crystal ball is cloudy today...you will have to provide more info, if you expect an answer. "GregF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25dfa01c46150$b0fa7b20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just set up Outlook 2003 and can send email but cannot > receive it. > > Any ideas. I am now experiencing a similar problem in one of my Outlook 2003 accounts. I installed it two months ago converting from Outlook Express and all was fine and then about two weeks ago the m...

New Email Shows 'From'
When you try to make a new email in outlook 200, all the sudden, its has a blank From box, where you can type in an email address, or choose from our global address list. How do i reset this so it automatically selects the users email address, and doesn't have a blank box? Thanks ...

Received time for Inbox emails is 1 hour behind the computer clock
Hi, The received times of the emails in my Inbox (Outlook 2003, WinXP) are 1 hour behind the computer clock time. The sent times for the emails in the Sent Items folder are the same as the computer clock, or 1 minute difference. How do I get the Inbox received times to be the correct time = computer time? Thanks. JSG Check the TimeZone of your computer Double click the clock in your system tray. Select TimeZone tab and make sure your computer is in the zone is correct for wherever on earth you are -- Regards Chris Cleary toppercleary@dsl.pipex.com "jsg" <jsg@optonline.net>...

SMTP problem: can receive but can't send
Exchange 2003 sp1 In my recipient policy i have few DOMAINs to receive and send mail for opend my account in AD and changed default e-mail address to that new one tested to send mail from externam mail server - got it wanted to test a reply.. no reply im my external inbox opened Exchange QUEUE and i can see my mail with: An SMTP protocol error accured What can i do? TIA Enable the SMTP logging to get more information. This is done at the server object > diagnostic logging >MSExchangeTransport >SMTP Are you using a SMTP connector? Is the DNS set up properly? Can you send to othe...

Unable to Receive Email from Two or Three Domains
We have a problem receiving email from two or three domains. The senders eventually get a Non Delivery Notice. We have 1-200 other domains who email us with no problem. Any ideas http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=ru&lr=&threadm=dbm4e1dh7jrei7cgk3ik31reta2uvru6m1%404ax.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Dtcpip%26num%3D10%26as_scoring%3Dr%26hl%3Dru%26btnG%3D%25D0%259F%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B8%25D1%2581%25D0%25BA%2B%25D0%25B2%2BGoogle%26as_epq%3D%26as_oq%3D%26as_eq%3D%26as_ugroup%3Dmicrosoft.public.exchange.admin%26as_usubject%3D%26as_uauthors%3Drich%26as_umsgid%3D%26lr%3D%26as_...

CRM Is Tracking all Outbound Emails
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all CRM Users. Once we did this the crm admin mailbox has started receiving ALL emails sent by the CRM users. Even the emails that are not "Track in CRM" enabled. The users personal settings are for emails with CRM tracking token only. Any idea why all emails are being tracked, instead of just the ones that are selected to be tracked in CRM? If I understand correctly, once you apply the rules to your CRM users, all emails to and from those users go through the CRM mailbox then CRM detemines if the email has a token. If...