I just got office 2007 help!

After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each
utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why?
Everything else went to 2007
0
Rob3660 (422)

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each
> utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why?
> Everything else went to 2007

You need to uninstall Outlook 2003 first......

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/1/2007 8:34:31 PM
Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install 2007.

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each
| utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why?
| Everything else went to 2007

0
tompepper (36)
2/1/2007 8:45:30 PM
Tom,

That's an interesting statement. On Tuesday I received a copy (to download)
from the Microsoft Launch event here in Las Vegas. I downloaded and
installed MS Office 2007 Professional (not an Upgrade). I did not uninstall
anything. I was asked that since the other programs were found did I want to
uninstall them first. My response was yes and the installation process made
that an automatic process. Was that because it wasn't an upgrade version?

I've got a lot of Club members that should be informed...
"Tom Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
> Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install 2007.
>
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each
> | utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why?
> | Everything else went to 2007

0
Chuck

EXCEL 2007 no longer add properly
In cell k17 I have the number 1 in cell l17 I have the number 2 in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be) Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20 and l20 What has gone wrong? Thanks Hi, Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9? If this is the problem, then choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "pcor" wrote: > In cell k17 I have the number 1 > in cell l17 I have the number 2 > ...

Mixing application versions in Office Suite
We upgrade the Director's pc from office 2000 to Office XP. In outlook 2000 we setup netfolders for sharing his calendar. In Outlook 2002 netfolders is not supported. I know we can share his calendar on the exchange box, but this will require reconfiguring his HP hand held and reconfiguring the pc's that share his calendar. We are considering uninstalling outlook 2002 (not the whole XP suite) and reinstalling outlook 2000 just to get the netfolders option back. Will mixing versions cause me more problems? Jim <j-ferguson@mail.govst.edu> wrote: > We upgrade the Dir...

Help on importing Money 1999 data into 2003.
When I try to import my data into my Money 2003, the data comes across as bad or somethings I cannot import it? Any ideas? Please identify the exact error message. If it's "incompatible versions," see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "defpro@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d3201c484cc$a2833880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to import my data into my Money 2003, the data > comes across as bad or somethings I cannot import it? > Any ideas? Also, what you want to do is **NOT** File|Import. It's File|Op...

General question about Access 2007
I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb to .accdb). In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is an incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory. Is this normal - IE do I have an option set somewhere. If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it. Regards Neil ...

Help Searching WSS
Can someone point me to a link (or just tell me) how to use the search facilty against columns in a WSS document library. (We have the free version of sharepoint) The important question is; can you search a specific column? It works for Title in the form of "Title:Esimtate" but for other colums the syntax doesn't work. (e.g. "Status:Draft"). For my Status column how can I search it WITHOUT filtering? ------=_NextPart_0001_8A45AF72 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you're using WSS free version no you can't. In MOSS it ...

Help with print setup
Hi I am using Excel 2000 SP3. I have a Workbook with 59 worksheets and need to print out a part of each worksheet, it is the same area on every worksheet, is there a way I can set this up without having to set Print area and Page setup on each worksheet. thanks Daniel Group all the worksheets. Right click on a worksheet tab select "select all sheets" do the page setup once. rightClick on any of the worksheet tabs and select "ungroup sheets" If you leave those sheets grouped and start working on them, then almost everything you do to one, you do to all in the gro...

Drop Down Combo Box Help?
I have a drop down combo box on my form with names and whenever you choose a name in the list it displays record below (in the subform) for that chosen name based on a customer ID that links the combo box to the records in the subform below. However when i first open the form it displays one name but the records of another (this only happens when form is first opened). How can i make it so that the name in the drop down when the form opens also displays records below that belong to the first or default name in the combo box?? How are you accomplishing that link? If you have have the su...

Autofilter help
I am trying to build part of a macro that will filter on a list based on two criteria, and then change the data in Column A based on the data that is pulled. A couple of problems: (1) The number of items in the list changes everyday, and so using static references won't work (2) I need to go through a couple of dozen criteria in both columns, and so I'm thinking a Loop would work best. However, having only limited knowledge of VBA, Looping is not something I'm familiar with. Here's part of the code that I've got so far: Dim Status as String The part sure is correct. i...

Need help with SQL Server error upgrading Great Plains
I'm upgrading GP from 6.0 to 7.5, from SQL 7.0 on NT 4.0 to SQL 2000 on Win 2000. I keep getting this SQL error: MSG 446, Level 16, State 9, Line 1 "cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation" Can anyone tell me what this means? ------------------------------------------------ Steve Gross IT Manager Fette America (973) 586-8722 The statement causing the error is: CREATE PROCEDURE smCheckRelationID @I_iRELID int = NULL, @IO_iStatus int = NULL output as declare @filtername varchar(255) declare @poststring varchar(255) declare @iLoop int declare @sString varchar(...

Unable to Print just one check
Hi, I am in desperate need of help. We were able to print one check at a time until lst night. As far as I know there have been no chges to the settings of My Money. In fact one check was printed last night and after that the program will only allow two or more checks to be printed at a time. When one check is selected to be printed the print option does not appear on the left hand side of the screen as it normally would. The option to print is only displayed once two or more checks have been selected to be printed. Can someone please help?? Thank you!! Maybe. See http://www.b...

Help : new accounts NOT in GAL
Is this a known issue? New accounts/mailboxes created in AD don't show up in the Global Address List. Emails sent to the new user's smtp address apparently do get delivered, but the name can't be resolved, which also means that an Outlook profile can't be created and the new mailbox can't be opened. This has started happening since 2003 DCs have come online alongside of the Win2000 ones (we're in the midst of a migration). We still use Exchange 2000. Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I've only seen this behavior when using Outl...

Office Crashing on MacBook
I'm running Office 2004, and all of the applications occasionally just close, sometimes with a recovery file sometimes not. Running 2Gigs of memory all the latest updates for OS X installed as well as Office. MacBook - core duo, 2.0Ghz, 80 Gig drive. Happens quite a bit when running Powerpoint with lots of graphics - but Excel and Entourage also crash. Doesn't affect the rest of the mac just the application. Any similar problems or fixes out there ? Hello, The standard threat first. Did your MB come with the Test drive installed? IF so, did you trash it? If so, this causes a lot o...

Import csv-file Excel 2007
If I import a csv-file where numbers have . as decimal, I am not able to import this correctly if I have , as decimal in Regional settings. I got both .. as both for each 1000 and decimal; no numbers! If I do the exact same in Excel 2003, it is working perfect. As a workaround I change to , in my textfile before importing, but this is a very unnecessary work. Are there someone having solved this?? In Excel 2003 I entered Jan, Feb, .... in A1:A10 and in B1:B10 I I entered some decimal values 10.2,12.3,... I saved the files as a CSV file and confirmed it opened correctly in Excel 2003 and...

Urgent Help
Hi All, I am developing an application in Visual Basic 6.0 and using MS Access as my backend. What i want is that my database should not open when someone try to open .mdb file. But my application should be able to access it. TIA Password protect the .mdb file to prevent people from getting into the database unless they have the password. Pass the password from your VB routine when it needs to open the database. Sounds good, but since I've never used VB6, I don't really know how to pass the password. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith ...

Please help
Is there any way to set identically high resolution on external+internal LCD on this HPlaptop? I've NEVER tried an external, but today tried family LCD HDTV and instantly my laptop's own smaller display was also screw*ed up - resolution lowered from 1440x900 down to match that of externalLCDTV which is maximum of 1280x1024 or less. You might say so what? Well all the windows I had opened & unsuspectingly worked on external oversized display, amazing my parents with photos & news they've never seen before at such size, all those were distorted when I disable...

Help Needed
Please go to my website at http://members.bellatlantic.net/grebinrm/plea. It will explain everything. You could make a huge difference in mine and my families lives. Thank you! Rich "Holgarth" <holgarth@verizon.net> wrote in message news:WFKQa.911$I4.343@nwrdny01.gnilink.net... > Please go to my website at http://members.bellatlantic.net/grebinrm/plea. > It will explain everything. You could make a huge difference in mine and my > families lives. > > Thank you! > > Rich > > ...

Invalid use of Null ----> Help Please
Hi all: I am getting an invalid use of null in the if statement below and do not usnderstand why. Can anyone help me? Background: - rs has been declared as a recordset - rs!GrowerEmail is the email address for our grower/customer - the code below is part of the code used to email a report to our growers/customers and works find for those records where the email address is not blank/null. - when I put in a control stop and run the program in debug mode and step through each line of code and hover my mouse of "rs!GrowerEmail" in the "If rs!GrowerEmail ...

can't load office 2004 student/teacher on macbook pro
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Never had a problem loading office 2004 on my powerbook g4. Upgraded to macbook pro intel mac with leopard. Install CD spins around forever. Eventually the office icon shows up on the desktop. I drag it to the hard drive and it starts to load and then quits. Then I get an error message. There is definitely a problem. I know the CD is Okay and this is a brand new computer that loads other software just fine. I never had any other versions of office installed on this computer. I also tried to install it under a fresh accou...

Excel 2007
How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Use File | Save As; specify Excel 97-2003 format in the Type box. Now it is ready to email best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B337E4C0-DB2D-4EE9-AB8A-F07635DC4C17@microsoft.com... > How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Office button>Save as>Excel97-2003 workbook -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discus...

DPM 2007: How to reset to factory defaults
Hi, my DPM service does not start any more. I haven't made a backup of the dpm itself or it's database. So I'd like to set the database back to it's original state and reconfigure it again. What steps do I have to take? Thanks for any advice in advance Adrian P.S. This is the issue I'm experiencing: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager&p=1&tid=f1c1ee3b-7905-4af6-93ed-112bb1885fe7&mid=f1c1ee3b-7905-4af6-93ed-112bb1885fe7...

MAC OS X upgrading Microsoft Office Suite
I am running MAC OS 10.2.7 and am having trouble upgrading my Microsoft Office from System 9 to system 10. When I try to install upgraded Office I get error message saying, The default location required for this install could not be found. I do not know what that means. Someone advised to repair permissions on the boot volume through DiskUtility. I have no idea what to do. I am unable to find anything that refers either to the boot volume or permissions. Can anyone help please? Much appreciated, Lynne G Lgathany(remove this)@bellsouth.net > I am running MAC OS 10.2.7 and am havi...

Multiple copy of emails in Outlook for Mac
I'm getting multiple (like 6, 7, 12) copies of the same email delivered to my Outlook inbox. Domainmonger (who hosts my page and my business email) blames RoadRunner, RoadRunner blames everyone else.... and said, "oh, it must be a virus!" Ran diagnostics with Domainmonger and RoadRunner (through which my business email is routed to my Outlook Express 5.2). Ran Norton Virus Scan and came up empty. Any thoughts or suggestions. Is there an Outlook Express/Mac guru over there who can help me out? Thanks! ~Erin ekande182@gmail.com ...

Installing CRM Desktop Client on a XP machine with Outlook 2007
Installation instructions for Dummies. I have installed CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2003 machines with no incedence. However one machine in our office has 2007. I see all sorts of postings for Rollup 2, and hotfixes. I am not a technician, and know very little about SQL. Can someone please give me the easiest, solution to getting CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this machine? I dont want to do anything that will interupt other users using 2003, or the Server settings. Thanks, Hi, You can proceed safely by installing the CRM desktop client on your machine icw Office 2007, without disturbing o...

HELP
My Application Log gets filled with 9 or 10 of these messages every few minutes. They are all the same except for the folder. The message reads: "Unable to create public folder proxy object for folder "schema-root" in the Active Directory" The other folders it complains about are: views img controls exchweb exchangeV1 microsoft Default OWAScratchPad{...} The thing is, these folders already exist though. I'm running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server in Mixed Mode. Any ideas how to get rid of these errors? I'm not an Exchange expert by any stretch of the ...

VISIO 2007 Calendar
PLEASE HELP - This is driving me crazy!!! I am trying to get data from a SQL Table into a VISIO 2007 calendar. The data is being pulled from a view: alter VIEW [dbo].[LQ_CLIENT_FILE_DELIVERY_CALENDAR] as SELECT CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Date to Display], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Start date], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [End date], LEFT(DJS.VC_NOTE, 50) AS [Subject] FROM dbo.TBL_LOOKUP_...