i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic?

i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to work
0
Oola (3)

Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business
Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management?
"Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to
>work

0
Chuck
6/7/2006 2:46:14 AM
Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with
the IRM bits installed.  Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will
presume that you are not in an environment with a Windows 2003 server.

For more information on IRM, see this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/office2003/maintain/rmsirm.mspx

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Oola asked:

| i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get
| it to work

0
MillyS (3228)
6/7/2006 3:31:13 AM
i have office basic

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business
> Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management?
> "Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to
> >work

0
Oola (3)
6/7/2006 4:17:01 AM
I went to this web page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx
its says i already have the 2.0 ver installed...question is why cant i get
the irm to work, the icon when i build a form doesnt show up to let me start
putting restriction on..where the heck is it...i reinstalled it also to no
avail...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with
> the IRM bits installed.  Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will
> presume that you are not in an environment with a Windows 2003 server.
>
> For more information on IRM, see this page:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/office2003/maintain/rmsirm.mspx
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Oola asked:
>
> | i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get
> | it to work

0
Oola (3)
6/7/2006 4:40:02 AM
IRM is not included in the basic version. There is an addon for IE you can
use to read IRM signed mail but you can't send any.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to
>work

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/7/2006 5:08:31 AM
IRM is only available with the pro version.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

>I went to this web page
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx
> its says i already have the 2.0 ver installed...question is why cant i get
> the irm to work, the icon when i build a form doesnt show up to let me
> start
> putting restriction on..where the heck is it...i reinstalled it also to no
> avail...
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server
>> with
>> the IRM bits installed.  Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I
>> will
>> presume that you are not in an environment with a Windows 2003 server.
>>
>> For more information on IRM, see this page:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/office2003/maintain/rmsirm.mspx
>>

>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>> reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, Oola asked:
>>
>> | i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get
>> | it to work

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Account updates don't work
I have Money Plus Premium 08 (version 17.0.125.1415). I don't know if this version has SP1 or not. It did do an "update" a few weeks ago but the "About" dialog under help doesn't mention SP1. Anyhow, I have set Money to update my accounts from ML and a few other places, but the updates don't update any more. The last account transactions in Money are stuck at 03/16/08 (which may be around the time of the "update" that Money did). When I log on to ML I can see transactions since then but Money won't retrieve them. So, the question is, ho...

5.5 -> 2003 Move
Greetings, I am currently under the control of a small NT 4 Domain that I am "moving" to 2003. I say moving because I want to start over on a clean slate and will be re-installing all Vital Apps and services on the the new DC's. The Network consists of less than 100 users and is using exchange 5.5 as it's mail server. I would like to know if there are any thoughts or ideas on my current plan of moving mail to the New 2k3 environment. My plan is as follows: 1. I will perform a move of the mailbox stores to .pst/.ost files. (not sure if there is a way to do this from ...

Replication of Data between site and Head Office
Hi all we are going to implement GP 8 in Head office. but the challenge is to implement it on our factory site too and access the data on both sides apparantly. we have a sattelite link between HeadOffice and Site. we have two options in our mind 1. Two Database servers one for Head Office and 2nd for Site and online replicate data between two servers 2. Make only one Server here in HeadOffice and the users from site will also access the same database for their daily working. Please let us know what would be the best possible way and approach that should be adopted so that our working w...

Close active Workbook with upper right hand X does not work
HI: I have Excel 2000 and have a BIG problem. the Upper right hand X for closing the Workbook does not work. It's grayed out. And when I pick File, Exit from the menu it wants to SAVE the spreadsheet/workbook even when it's new and blank. The only thing I've done is to add a template (Book1.xlt) that contains a macro for adding the full path to my footer. Your help would be appreciated. Bemused in Salem; Margie Are you using GroupWise? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone...

Payables Inquiery doens't work right. Doesn't show batched info.
When using the payables inquiry the results do not show items in Work status for purchase receipts transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6a033783-1...

Recipient Policy seems not working
Does anybody know how to force apply the recipient policy to selected users. I created a recipient policy to move all messages from an inbox folder to the deleted item folder and apply the settings. It seems that nothing happened to the selected users inbox. ...

Visio 2003 and Active Directory
Do somebody knows is there a way to get a "wizard" of importing my current working AD into Visio 2003 like it was possible in Visio 2000?! Thank you. Serge That request comes up a great deal. Microsoft chose to eliminate that tool; please make your voice heard by insisting that they restore this invaluable functionality. Randall Arnold "Serge" <serhii@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:%23ntnPsGmDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do somebody knows is there a way to get a "wizard" of importing my current > working AD into Visio 2003 like it was p...

Determining the client's IP on messages sent from Exchange 2003
Hi all, Recently it would appear that one of our workstations (or a home pc) has been compromised and has begun using our email server as a spam server. Basically once every few hours a whole pile of messages will be sent out through the server to email addresses all over china with a subject in chinese. The FROM being picked up is a "randomstring@ourIP" is there some way to tell who's IP these messages are coming from so I can take that machine off the network and clean it up. I've run up to date virus scans on the server this morning including all user shared folders an...

data page readonly
Looking to update from A97 to A03 - mainly for the data access page feature only. I produced a simple data page, works fine. Problem, I have one field that I want as read only. The field readonly property is set to true. When the page is first opened, the field is read only. However, if I enter/edit data in another field, for some reason this field now becomes editable. This is scary. I want the field available to sort by (not disabled). but it needs to be locked. This is the first issue I've seen so far (within 2 days) of using 2003. Any ideas? ...

Remotely Deploying Office 2004 for Mac Updates
I manage a few Macs on our corporate network and remotely push Apple updates to them through Apple Remote Desktop. I know that if the MS updates were packages it would just be a matter of sending them out with ARD, but since they're disk images I can't do that. Is there a solution for doing something like this? I did some searching on the mactopia site, the microsoft site and just in google in general and found nothing regarding doing such a thing. Thanks <sohayda@gmail.com> wrote: > I manage a few Macs on our corporate network and remotely push Apple > updates to them t...

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages
How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages. Mike What do you mean by one page? As in one worksheet, or as in print layout? "Mike Defillo" wrote: > How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only > want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages. > Mike Just as you would with MS Word it may go to a second page if the first one is full but why does Excel show other pages to the right of the page I am working? When I scroll to the right the page keeps going a...

Business Manager Crashes Outlook 2003
Outlook will open, but if I try to perform any function, even open an email, I get the massage "Business Contact Manger has encountrered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Dependin on the function I try to perform, sometimes I do not even get the message, the progem just closes. ...

How to change "author" colors in Word 2003 reviewing toolbar
How do I change the two author colors (red/blue) in the word 2003 reviewing toolbar (show/options) to red and something else (like orange, not blue) that I can read better against the green background that I have to use because of my visual problems? I read Shauna's nice piece of reviewing but she does not spell this out. Also, can you add a third reviewer with yet another color? thanks. Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "removing all headers and footers" <removin...

Exchange 2003 workflow
Dear All I have windows 2003 Ent server with Exchange 2003. I got instruction to work in Workflow in exchange 2003. I had read many documents in microsoft and also download SDK tools etc.What i need step by step guide to install and configure the workflow in exchange 2003 OR after the OS and Exchange 2003 Setup finish what should i need to do? Kindly help me to work in workflow with correct document or guide. Thanks in Advance Many Thanks Hameed Have you seen this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/html/deconBuildingWorkflowProcessPWD.asp?fra...

office assistant characters
Where do I find new or different office assistant characters There are downloads for Excel 97: http://office.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=office+assistant&CTT=6&Origin=EC010331121033 Babs wrote: > Where do I find new or different office assistant characters -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Cannot resize a basic shape
Hi, I am using visio 2003. I added a basic rectangle shape to a visio file sent to me by a colleague. I cannot resize the shape. In fact, it seems I cannot resize any shapes in this file. When I select a shape, there are small X s where the handles would be. When I select one of the X s, it becomes pink, and I can't use it to resize. When I create a brand new visio file and add the same shape, handles are available, so I am thinking that it is something file specific. Any ideas? It would be very helpful if I could edit the shapes in the file sent to me, rather than starting from sc...

Uninstalling Office 2004 #2
We purchased 3 office licenses. And I installed one on my mac (intel-based), accidentally using the same key code that has been used to install office on another mac. So I uninstalled office on my machine and then tried to install again but this time the set-up wizard didn't even ask for a key code and proceeded to install office with the same key code perhaps because my machine has the previous information stored in its system somewhere even though I had uninstalled it. Does anyone know how I can completely uninstall office and install it with a new key code? Thanks for your help! Hi...

8007000B Error, nothing works to fix
Hi, I have tried everything I´ve found on this web and the internet but I still get the error. To make my life harder, I can´t find my Toshiba Reinstall DVD I have Norton 360 on the system (tried to disable but no luck) I also have PerfectDisk 10 on the system Any clue of what to do ? (apart from a full reinstall) This is the log : 2010-05-29 17:51:43:646 1332 17e4 Agent ************* 2010-05-29 17:51:43:646 1332 17e4 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] 2010-05-29 17:51:43:646 1332 17e4 Agent ********* 2010-05-29 17:51:43:646 ...

copy-paste emails don't work
How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste them into a new email in Windows Live mails ? When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time consuming to add. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you You mean email addresses. You should be able to do a global search and replace. For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) wrote in message news:BD26...

MONEY 2003 died
have been running 2003 for more than year. Purchased as download from MS who followed up with mailed disk. Cannot get it to load now instead it attempts to "install" and runs into error "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that in unavailable" please use feature "C:\docume~1\gatewe~1\locals~1\temp" and then a follow up error msg "error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Money 2003. The windows installer cannot continue" it then attempt to install over and over and over in continues loop. I have ...

Creating Business Cards in MS Works Task Launcher
On my Gateway PC (5 yrs. old) I created beautiful business cards using MS Task Launcher via Tasks/Letters & Labels/Address Cards. On our 6 mo. old Compac PC running Windows XP Home Edition running a newer version of MS Works I can't find any way to create address/business cards. Has this feature been discontinued, or if not, how can I do it -- esp. using an existing *.PNG file from the older version? ...

Can't open .v files in Visio 2003
I have Visio 5 and Visio 2003 on the same machine (turns out that was a good thing). I had a couple of files that were ".v" files. If I double click on the file, it opens Visio 5 (not Visio 2003). If I try to open it in Visio 2003 - it doesn't even see it to open it. Why is this? Can't Visio 2003 open Visio 5 files? Also, when Visio 5 gets called, the next time I try to open Visio 2003, it has to reconfigure the program. It goes through a couple of windows saying it is collecting information to set it up. If I change the name to a .vs files, Visio 2003 can see it but ...

Outlook Web Access 2003 Messages Won't Load
When attempting to access email on an Exchange 2003 Server using OWA (Outlook Web Access)I cannot get the messages to load. All the frames load properly (toolbars, folders, etc.) however, the messages frame (Inbox) says "loading" then disappears leaving a blank message frame. I am running Win XP Pro & IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2. I can successfully run OWA 2003 on another computer using the same shared connection and it is also running XP Pro & the same IE version so this problem must be isolated to my desktop. Any ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 and LoadSim
Hi I downloaded the LoadSim utility that was designed for Windows 2000, Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 to run it in a test lab with Windows 2003, Outlook XP and Exchange 2003. I had no problem creating the topology. I am able to initialize with default values as well (though with various errors if the test is for more than 60 users). When I run the test for more than 100 users I get the following errors: ERROR: Open store "Public Folders": ERROR: MAPI_E_FAVILONEPROVIDER (The Microsoft Exhcange Server computer is not avaiblable) ERROR: Adyqgm3taa: Login or Init failed afte...

I save my archived win98 outlook files to a remote file save site. i have xp now and tried to download these file and reinstall them to xp office outlook using the option/mail setup/datafile sequence after copying the archived folder to the XP folder where the .pst files are. It found the 5 mb archived file but it did not load the mail and contacts back in. It is an archived and a win 98 folder. Does anyone know how I can relaod this outlook data? Thanks kevin First you must find the right file so you can tell Outlook which one to use. Once you do, use these instructions to migrate...