I have a problem with opening outlook and deleting email

I was doing a system restore when the power went out. When i restarted the
somputer it took alot of time to get it to start. Once i fixed that i had to
re-install alot of programs and updates. After this whenever i open Outlook i
gat a message that the dynmic link GETIUMS@4 can not be located in the
dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I have triued some of the fixe on this
website but they are not working. I tried to re-install MDAC 8.1 i think and
i was told that is wrong version for my computer so i got the evaluator tool
from Microsoft it said that i have MDAC 2.7 SP!. I am frustrated with outlook
alot. The thing that is really bad. When i try to delete a e-mail message i
get this message. When my computer starts up i get this message from msn
messsenger. What should i do next. Thanks
0
web14t (3)

Are you sure you don't need MDAC 2.8? I think that's the latest version.

Also, why were you doing a system restore? What problem were you trying to
remedy?

"web14t" <web14t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was doing a system restore when the power went out. When i restarted the
> somputer it took alot of time to get it to start. Once i fixed that i had
> re-install alot of programs and updates. After this whenever i open
> Outlook i
> gat a message that the dynmic link GETIUMS@4 can not be located in the
> dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I have triued some of the fixe on this
> website but they are not working. I tried to re-install MDAC 8.1 i think
> and
> i was told that is wrong version for my computer so i got the evaluator
> tool
> from Microsoft it said that i have MDAC 2.7 SP!. I am frustrated with
> outlook
> alot. The thing that is really bad. When i try to delete a e-mail message
> get this message. When my computer starts up i get this message from msn
> messsenger. What should i do next. Thanks

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/18/2005 6:53:43 PM
MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its
features are currently part of Windows.

This is the message i get when i run MDAC 2.8

I was doing a system restore to find a file that i had deleted. I am so
pissed that i ever did that darn move.
0
web14t (3)
10/18/2005 7:07:05 PM
"web14t" <web14t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was doing a system restore when the power went out. When i restarted the
> somputer it took alot of time to get it to start. Once i fixed that i had
> re-install alot of programs and updates. After this whenever i open
> Outlook i
> gat a message that the dynmic link GETIUMS@4 can not be located in the
> dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I have triued some of the fixe on this
> website but they are not working. I tried to re-install MDAC 8.1 i think
> and
> i was told that is wrong version for my computer so i got the evaluator
> tool
> from Microsoft it said that i have MDAC 2.7 SP!. I am frustrated with
> outlook
> alot. The thing that is really bad. When i try to delete a e-mail message
> get this message. When my computer starts up i get this message from msn
> messsenger. What should i do next. Thanks

Use the Help -> Detect and Repair menu in Outlook.  You'll need the
installation CD for Outlook or Office.  Follow with a visit to Office
Updates.

Reboot using the installation CD and do a "repair" (aka in-place upgrade).
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341.  Follow
with a visit to Windows Updates.

MDAC 8.1 is listing only the non-major portion of the version number.  It is
version *2*.8.1.  For the download, MDAC [2.]8 is at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c.

MSDART.DLL is a dynamic-link library file.  Basically it is a file
containing code that defines a bunch of functions (sometimes also called
methods).  The "link" into the file is the entry point by that name; i.e.,
the link in the DLL points at the start of the function by that name.  That
way, a program can call a function to execute from within the DLL file.
This lets many programs share the same code because they all call the
function from the same file.  So MSDART.DLL couldn't be found, it is
corrupted, or it is an old version that doesn't contain the new function
GETIUMS that got added in a later version.

** Reply to the newsgroup. Share with others **
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

That is what fixed. Thanks man i tried replacing that file like three times
and i tried the detect and repair but itried before i made a lot of the major
fixes to windows. So again thans man. I owe you one.
0
web14t (3)

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Unable to delete empty database

owa cant open ppt attachments

Outlook Sales

invalid email address

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Question -Problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

AD Sync problem