I don't want outlook as my default

When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change my
profile in the Mail icon in the control panel.  I would rather my mail to be
sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sure what to do.  Tried hotmail but
still received error message. Need help!
0
cinnamon (1)

In news:A7AF4CB7-5A4B-4EE4-8034-EAA419DD6C4C@microsoft.com,
cinnamon <cinnamon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change my
> profile in the Mail icon in the control panel.  I would rather my
> mail to be sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sure what to do.
> Tried hotmail but still received error message. Need help!

Control panel, Internet options, programs...set the default mail client to
what you wish.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/14/2006 12:24:29 AM
You won;t be able to use the file, send to menu to send email then. Save the
document and attach it to the message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"cinnamon" <cinnamon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change my
> profile in the Mail icon in the control panel.  I would rather my mail to
> be
> sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sure what to do.  Tried hotmail
> but
> still received error message. Need help!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/14/2006 1:55:51 AM

In news:OuRaCl2XGHA.4388@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Diane Poremsky [MVP] <outlookmvp@msn.com> typed:
> You won;t be able to use the file, send to menu to send email then.
> Save the document and attach it to the message.

<coughs> Right. I meant that, too. Precisely exactly that. ;-)

> "cinnamon" <cinnamon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When trying to send an attachment in Word I get a message to change
>> my profile in the Mail icon in the control panel.  I would rather my
>> mail to be
>> sent from my hotmail or ISP email but not sure what to do.  Tried
>> hotmail but
>> still received error message. Need help!

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook options not showing up for user
I am in the process of training and testing with our CRM 3.0. I have installed either the laptop client or the desktop client on the user's machines. For training purposes I have also installed CRM on our training room pc's. I set the user's Outlook for that particular pc and then installed CRM with the user logged on, but I ran the installation under run as. The installation seemed to go fine, yet the user's cannot see and folders or menu when they launch their Outlook. The can get to it in the web environment though. Any ideas on why this has happened and what I can d...

Customize Outlook today does not work #5
I have read the replies about if MS update 813489 is install customize outlook today does not work. What if you do NOT have MS update 813489 install and it still does not work then what? Here is a good one for you. If you update to Office 2003 then it works. But if you install (not update) Office 2003 you can open customize outlook today, but you can not make or save any changes. Error "an activeX control on this page might be unsafe to.... I am having the same problem. Only update 813489 has not been loaded on my computer, because it is not relevant to my system. However, I did ...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

Problem hot synching Outlook 2002 with Palm Pilot
I recently had to reformat my c: drive and reinstall Windows XP and Office XP, including Outlook 2002. Since then, whenever I hot synch my Palm Pilot with Outlook, the hot synch is interrupted with a dialog saying "This action cannot be completed because the 'Inbox Microsoft Outlook' program is not responding. Choose 'Switch to" and connect the problem." When I press the 'Switch to" button, I get a second dialog, which says, "Microsoft Outlook - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ...

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

want to do piovt table, where rows over 100,000
Hi.. i have around 100,000 rows of data... of cousres the worksheet i can only put 66000 or so rows per sheet. i want to do a pivot table that combines the two sheets. how can i do this? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have that many data I would suggest you store this data in a real database (e.g. MS Access). With Excel's pivot table wizard you can then access this database as datasource. Another way would be to split the data in two worksheets and within the pivot table wizard choose the 'non contigenous ranges' for the data source -- Reg...

Sending Letter to Contact Crashes Outlook
In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Letter to Contact, Outlook freezes up. On the other hand if Word is not open, "New Letter to Contact" works fine. Any explanation? Never seen it. You'll have to supply at least _some_ troubleshooting information. Error messages? Configuration changes to your setup? Did it ever work correctly? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Terry Smerling" <tsmerling@lasuperiorcourt.org> wrote in message news:udHcH$1QEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Let...

Outlook 2002 SP2
I have a user that cannot turn on or off his Out of Office Assistant on the Tools menu, receives the following error: "The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extention." The Out of Office Assistant has been working for years, no changes have been made to Outlook. The only way he can turn it on or off is by accessing his mailbox via web access. I have also tried KB article Q327353, but the resiliency subkey does not exist in his registry. His mailbox is on our Exchange 2000 server. Thanks Johan Is Exchange Extensions still selected ...

cannot open outlook 2000
"this opration has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I have already tried the steps listed in MS Knowledge Base article 310049, with no luck. Any other suggestions ? Thanks. ...

Seting Outlook for E-Mail
I've search for information on changing my e-mail default to outlook. I never found help. Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My computer knowledge is limited. "Diane Cameron" <dcameron2@aol.com> wrote in message news:056701c36839$e4215480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've search for information on changing my e-mail default > to outlook. I never found help. > > Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My > computer knowledge is limited. ------------------------------------------------ Hi Diane, Open In...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

can i have more sender in outlook setting ?
i using win server 2003 , exchange 2003 , i using exchange client in outlook to send & receive , but my boss have more than one mail address , can i use another AD mail address for send out mail , i have try to add a pop3 , the sender also is computer user thank your ...

Outlook slowed down seriously
My Outlook 2003 started slowing down seriously 2 days ago. It still works, but VERY slow. Not only during sending and receiving emails, just the whole program. E.g. when I click on the Outlook button on the task bar to get Outlook reappear, the Outlook frame and toolbars appear, but it takes ages for Outlook to show its content. Opening an email, and opening next email take ages (1 minute!) as well. The Task Manager shows only 3% of the CPU resources and a usual 50% of my 1MB memory are used, 50% HDD free, the HHD (or processor?) use indicator light not fully on, so it's not an overload of...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Problms with Reply and Fwd- Outlook 2002
Running Outlook under Win XP Home. Outlook 2002 has SP3 installed. Since installing SP2 to WinXP we have been having long wait times after clicking the Reply or Forward buttons in the toolbar. We get the hourglass wait symbol for a minute or longer. We get a prompt response when we click New. Anyone have any ideas? Once the hourglass goes away, do you have any problems with sending the reply or forward? Have you tried using the Test Account Settings to see if there is a problem with the account? To be sure, I would try removing and readding the account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

I registed damiler-benz.mobi, who want it, please contact with me! mail to 001@001.io

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...