I desperately need help finding my old Outlook files

My computer contracted a Trojan Virus about a week ago.  I took th
computer in to the local fix it computer store and they informed m
that they could save all of my data and simply reinstall Windows 2000.
I would then find the old information on my C drive and import it int
the appropriate programs.  I have successfully done that for th
majority of my programs.  However, I cannot locate any of my ol
emails, contacts etc from Outlook.  When I called him he stated tha
there is no way to save information that is in Outlook.  He simpl
reinstalled Windows 2000 (I used to have XP but could not locate th
disc) and told it to save all of the old information on the hard drive
A friend of mine told me that her parents went through this and tha
their old emails etc were located on their hard drive.  I work fro
home and about 50% of my emails were business related.  I have alread
contacted my Internet provider and they do not save the old emails.
Can anyone please help me to locate my old emails etc?

Gri

The file you need look for up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's
where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored.

Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

If you search for it, it is a hidden file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Griz" <Griz.z8kdy@outlookforum.com> wrote in message

> My computer contracted a Trojan Virus about a week ago.  I took the
> computer in to the local fix it computer store and they informed me
> that they could save all of my data and simply reinstall Windows 2000.
> I would then find the old information on my C drive and import it into
> the appropriate programs.  I have successfully done that for the
> majority of my programs.  However, I cannot locate any of my old
> emails, contacts etc from Outlook.  When I called him he stated that
> there is no way to save information that is in Outlook.  He simply
> reinstalled Windows 2000 (I used to have XP but could not locate the
> disc) and told it to save all of the old information on the hard drive.
> A friend of mine told me that her parents went through this and that
> their old emails etc were located on their hard drive.  I work from
> home and about 50% of my emails were business related.  I have already
> contacted my Internet provider and they do not save the old emails.
> Can anyone please help me to locate my old emails etc?
>
> Griz

russval (3097)
12/30/2003 10:31:36 AM
Anyone?  I really need help on this.  Thanks!

Gri

Try searching for an email that you know and a contact that you know an
find the extension.  Ex) if you are looking for a text file typ
"*.txt" in search and it will locate all the text files on you
computer.

I've tried that and to no avail.  The search funtion does not search ol
emails even if they are on the hard drive.  Any other suggestions?

Gri

try searching for a group file like .inb (not a real extension) fo
inbox.  I thought I may have ran into a file that had all of my ol
mail saved in a document form or something, but it may have been o
linux environment.

Also check a site called www.fuckmicrosoft.com.  It explains tha
microsoft monitors all of your website visits and maybe saves you
emails also.  If that site didn't show up it is the "f" word the
microsoft.com all one word.

Good Luck,

Nope, still no luck.  Arne't all emails saved in a specific file o
format?

Gri

What version was your old version?
-s.

"Griz" <Griz.zaf2p@outlookforum.com> wrote in message

> Anyone?  I really need help on this.  Thanks!
>
> Griz

Read my reply.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Griz" <Griz.zaf2u@outlookforum.com> wrote in message

> Nope, still no luck.  Arne't all emails saved in a specific file or
> format?
>
> Griz

russval (3097)
12/31/2003 10:02:11 AM
johnny5 <johnny5.zaf2s@outlookforum.com> wrote:

> try searching for a group file like .inb (not a real extension) for
> inbox.  I thought I may have ran into a file that had all of my old
> mail saved in a document form or something, but it may have been on
> linux environment.

You are abviously a twit who doesn't know what he's talking about

> Also check a site called www.fuckmicrosoft.com.  It explains that
> microsoft monitors all of your website visits and maybe saves your
> emails also.  If that site didn't show up it is the "f" word then
> microsoft.com all one word.

Proof positive of my assertion.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/31/2003 4:49:14 PM
Griz <Griz.zaf2p@outlookforum.com> wrote:

> Anyone?  I really need help on this.  Thanks!

Why not read the reply that Russ Valentine posted on the 30th?
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

Looking for Excel Help

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

File size #11

Outlook Sales

find action on log file

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook