I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address

For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is
the email address of the person who originally sent the message.  Any ideas?

Change your View>Encoding setting.

"Michelle10000" wrote:

> For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is
> the email address of the person who originally sent the message.  Any ideas?
0
Mary1 (682)

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

messaging interface error when using the Organize feature
When I try to use the feature Organize, I get a "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Try restarting Outlook." I have restarted outlook, but it persists. I can make a rule a couple of times, then it gives me this message, until I restart it again. Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" option on the HELP menu? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Kathleen" <snowkittie2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05cb01c424ad$7901a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... When I try to use the feature Organize, I get a "Messaging interface has returned an...

Messages rejected by receive connector
I administer a set of Exchange 2007 servers in a somewhat complex organization. We are one of 7 domains all in the same forest. One of the other domains has set up a distribution group. When people from outside our network email the distribution group, they receive an error that the message was rejected with an <#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender> error. I currently have the default settings on my receive connectors. It is my understanding that since this is coming from another Exchange 2007 server in the same organization it shoul...

Code to read email from Outlook
Anyone have code to read incoming email messages from ONE email address, or experience with the functionality in Access2007 to do this process. I have an upcoming project that will require this and I haven't looked into this area. Example: emails that are sent to support@blah.com are added to a table in the database (everytime the user presses a button or a timer starts a process). The "body" of the email goes into one field and the "from" email address goes into another field. Thanks, Mark ...

2 gig inbox gives error message
Here is my problem.....I have hit the wall at 2 gigs of inbox.dbx space and I now get an error message. I can no longer see emails at all. Fortunatly I have 2 other files called inbox2010.dbx and inboxthru12312009.dbx. No new messages flow into my inbox.dbx because it is full. So my question are: 1)Can I somehow change my inbox2010.dbx into inbox.dbx so that I can get new messages or 2)Can I change new messages from going into inbox.dbx to go into inbox2010.dbx. or 3) is there a way to get into inbox.dbx(which has 2 gigs in it and will not show me received messages) to remove lo...

How to add Yahoo Email POP?
Dear All, I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN. I would like to add Yahoo POP email account? I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help. But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors. Pls help. CONFIGURATION =========== POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client ============================= Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages? If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a new outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo...

Operation Failed message when opening Outlook 2000
I get an Operation failed message when opening Outlook 2000 with win xp pro OS. Ive tried removing and reloading the program but it goes back to the old settings and will not open. Any ideas? Had troubles with a trojan horse on the same computer affecting IE but got that fixed. ...

filter rule hidden "messages"
Hello, I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any option to see those hidden objects? O. On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:02:47 +0200, "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are >saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any >option to see those hidden objects? > >O. > mdbvue32, mfcmapi are some products that let you view rul...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Forwarding Messages #3
When I forward a message out of my sent items box I lose the text of the message. The message is still there and tells me of the action on the top. How do I retain the text of the message also. Nathan ...

Querying Messages Addressed to a Domain
Dumb Question: We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com. We'd like to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient policy. How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed to this domain? Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does some type of logging need to have been enabled? Thanks, Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the la...

New users loose SMTP address
Scenario: W2k3, Exhange2k3 2 domain servers create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will change to the system default. Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general one with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every four/five accounts created. At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be...

Duplicate email from POP3
We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the same time. Are there guide line for trouble shooting? Open Received: headers of those messages and compare times. Hop, after times start to differ, will be the one that duplicated message. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the > POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently,...

Disable Fax choice in Email
When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move on. If it is an infrequent contact and I have a Fax number for them Outlook asks if I want to use that or the email. Is there a way to disable the fax choice when sending emails? Jeff I think if you add alphabetic characters to their fax number (like FAX) it'll remove it as a choice "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message news:1126803312.620431.139920@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I compose and email I like to just type the persons name and move > on. > If it is ...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

Some emails do not pop from my gmail account
I am using Total Access Emailer to send email messages. It uses a local smtp server on my computer. I am sending test messages to my gmail accounts, some of the mails are then being pop'd to my outlook 2007, but others are not. For example, I sent 3 examples of one mail & report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, and all 3 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of another report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, only 1 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of the third report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, non pop'd to o...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Cannot get email users email to go to isp email. It goes to exchange server instead.
We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices. If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets sent to the branch office user. I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send and receive mail. I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go directly to the user at our providers server. The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email. Please advise. ...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s
Hello again, My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information. example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on the sheet it shows as 2000. I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp) Thanks for your help,...

Message attachment size
I have a vbs script that will search through an Exchange 2003 server and find all messages with a given type of file attachment. Is there a way to get the attachment size as well? ...