I can send but not receive emails in outlook

I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return to
Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access
my incoming mail from there
0
Teejay (10)

Do you receive any errors when trying to receive?

"TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
> them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return to
> Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still
> access
> my incoming mail from there

0
vince8328 (2733)
7/6/2005 11:31:15 AM

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you receive any errors when trying to receive?
>
> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
> > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return to
> > Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still
> > access
> > my incoming mail from there
>

> No there are no error messages.
0
Teejay (10)
7/6/2005 1:29:10 PM
Next dumb question for you... are you sure that there are messages waiting
for you when Outlook checks for mail?

> No there are no error messages.

0
vince8328 (2733)
7/6/2005 2:14:35 PM

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Next dumb question for you... are you sure that there are messages waiting
> for you when Outlook checks for mail?
>
> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No there are no error messages.
>

> Yes I send myself messages to test the system.  I have also used TOOLS>EMAIL ACCOUNTS> VIEW>CHANGE and sent test messages the Progress Dialogue Box shows the messsages being sent and received but they they never appear in my Outlook inbox which is set as default.
0
Teejay (10)
7/6/2005 2:36:01 PM
tools, send and receive, send and receive settings, show progress... look on
the second tab for errors.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Do you receive any errors when trying to receive?
>>
>> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
>> > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return
>> > Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still
>> > access
>> > my incoming mail from there
>>

>> No there are no error messages.

0
msnews1660 (730)
7/6/2005 2:37:49 PM

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> tools, send and receive, send and receive settings, show progress... look on
> the second tab for errors.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you receive any errors when trying to receive?
> >>
> >> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> No there are no error messages.
>

> Problem solved.  Found that new system does not  download messages until I press Send/Receive. Different to last two email programs.
0
Teejay (10)
7/7/2005 11:37:04 AM
Do you always have to do this?  I would expect to receive all my messages
automatically.  Furthermore, my Refresh option is greyed out.  I cannot
refresh.  Thanks.  K2

"TeeJay" wrote:

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > tools, send and receive, send and receive settings, show progress... look on
> > the second tab for errors.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >

> > "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Problem solved.  Found that new system does not  download messages until I press Send/Receive. Different to last two email programs.
0
k2 (2)
7/12/2005 4:52:02 PM

"k2" wrote:

> Do you always have to do this?  I would expect to receive all my messages
> automatically.  Furthermore, my Refresh option is greyed out.  I cannot
> refresh.  Thanks.  K2
>
> "TeeJay" wrote:
>

> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > tools, send and receive, send and receive settings, show progress... look on
> > > the second tab for errors.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > > Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > >
> > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > >

> > > "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > Problem solved.  Found that new system does not  download messages until I press Send/Receive. Different to last two email programs.

I do at present, but I have just purchased a book on Office 2003 so I hope
to find the answer in there in due course.  At 71 years of age working out
computer problems takes a little longer, but it keeps the grey matter active
0
Teejay (10)
7/12/2005 7:52:11 PM
>> Problem solved.  Found that new system does not  download messages until
>> I press Send/Receive. Different to last two email programs.

Go to Tools, Send/Receive settings - find the option for Define Send /
Receive and set it to check mail every xx min.

0
msnews1660 (730)
7/18/2005 3:38:21 AM

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> >> Problem solved.  Found that new system does not  download messages until
> >> I press Send/Receive. Different to last two email programs.
>
> Go to Tools, Send/Receive settings - find the option for Define Send /
> Receive and set it to check mail every xx min.
>

> Last message sorted out my problem. Send and receive now working correctly. Many thanks to all concerned for their help.
0
Teejay (10)
7/19/2005 1:51:05 PM

"TeeJay" wrote:

> I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
> them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return to
> Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access
> my incoming mail from there
Outlook Express....perfect.  Outlook can send but on 'receive' the progress
meter' flashes on and off but no mail shows.

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Do you receive any errors when trying to receive?
>
> "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive
> > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP.  If I return to
> > Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still
> > access
> > my incoming mail from there

0
hanslip (3)
4/10/2007 9:32:00 AM
hanslip <hanslip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Outlook Express....perfect.  Outlook can send but on 'receive' the
> progress meter' flashes on and off but no mail shows.

Enable diagnostic logging and see what's happening during the receive phase.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831053/en-us
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

pgp error when opening Outlook 2000 Pro.
Please help. I have a computer that is running Windows XP Home and MSOffice 2000 Pro. Anyhow, when I try to open Outlook, it gives an error "pgpexch.dll" and says that virtual memory may be set to low. I don't know if the problem is with the file or with the virtual memory settings. I've gone into the virtual memory and set it to let Windows manage it but I still get the error. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Rodney Brown ...

Incoming Emails 01-15-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that I've already received and even deleted. On 1/14/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb0f88.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Trdwnds@officeformac.com" <Trdwnds@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again > whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that > I've al...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Cannot read Base64 encoded emails (OL98)
Hello folks, I have a problem with one of my Outlook 98 machines. One user (Ironically the boss!) cannot read base64 encoded emails, they come up as garbage, which I then have to run through a Base64 decoder. Other users also use Outlook 98, but can read the emails fine. the problem affects the message text and encoded objects. Mail is coming from the same local server (602 ProLan Suite). The machine with the error is running build 8.5.7806.0. The other machines (Which read messages fine) are both running build 8.5.5104.6. This leads me to thinking that the problem is a result of a ...

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

excel file can't be opened #2

Sharing Outlook #2

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

How can I shade area under a norm dist graph?
I have graphed a normal distribution curve. =Normdist(x,4,4,false) for x=-8 to +18 Now I would like to shade the areas where 8.5<x<12 and x<-3. That is, the left tail and a portion of the right tail. How do I do that? TimH - For one method, see http://www.mikemiddleton.com/ShadedNormalDensity.xls - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "TimH" <TimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31235839-5F38-48E1-98EF-69A0BB22C634@microsoft.com... >I have graphed a normal distribution curve. =No...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...