I am unable to send in outlook 2007 but I can receive

I have a new laptop with outlook 2007 and windows vista my isp is verizon and
i wan my email to go through outlook i am able to send but the items in the
outbox never transition to sent items

If the mail is not in your Sent items, go to Tools, Options, email options,
select "save a copy in Sent....." You should send a message to yourself to
see if you actually receive it. You might have a missing setting in your SMTP
server & security setup. Visit the verizon help web site for the correct
settings.

"jklshopper" wrote:

> I have a new laptop with outlook 2007 and windows vista my isp is verizon and
> i wan my email to go through outlook i am able to send but the items in the
> outbox never transition to sent items
0
Mary1 (682)
8/25/2007 6:34:01 PM
Mary,
Thank you for your response. I have tried the option already of sending an
e-mail to myself and it failed it is hug up in the outbox. The save to sent
mail option was already checked.

"Mary" wrote:

> If the mail is not in your Sent items, go to Tools, Options, email options,
> select "save a copy in Sent....." You should send a message to yourself to
> see if you actually receive it. You might have a missing setting in your SMTP
> server & security setup. Visit the verizon help web site for the correct
> settings.
>
> "jklshopper" wrote:
>
> > I have a new laptop with outlook 2007 and windows vista my isp is verizon and
> > i wan my email to go through outlook i am able to send but the items in the
> > outbox never transition to sent items
Can you Delete the contents of the Outbox ???  It is possible that you =
have some mail in there that is hung up preventing the others from =
leaving the Outbox

--=20
Peter

"jklshopper" <jklshopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Mary,=20
> Thank you for your response. I have tried the option already of =
sending an=20
> e-mail to myself and it failed it is hug up in the outbox. The save to =
sent=20
> mail option was already checked.
>=20
> "Mary" wrote:
>=20
>> If the mail is not in your Sent items, go to Tools, Options, email =
options,=20
>> select "save a copy in Sent....." You should send a message to =
yourself to=20
>> see if you actually receive it. You might have a missing setting in =
your SMTP=20
>> server & security setup. Visit the verizon help web site for the =
correct=20
>> settings.=20
>>=20
>> "jklshopper" wrote:
>>=20
>> > I have a new laptop with outlook 2007 and windows vista my isp is =
verizon and=20
>> > i wan my email to go through outlook i am able to send but the =
items in the=20
>> > outbox never transition to sent items
0
okf221 (388)
8/26/2007 12:35:58 AM
Yes I can delete and I deleted the 2 items in outbox and tried to send an
e-mail to myself and it did not go through. I am still able to receive.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Can you Delete the contents of the Outbox ???  It is possible that you have some mail in there that is hung up preventing the others from leaving the Outbox
>
> --
> Peter

> "jklshopper" <jklshopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04B92CB0-CD45-45D7-A0B4-E27DE326B4D2@microsoft.com...
> > Mary,
> > Thank you for your response. I have tried the option already of sending an
> > e-mail to myself and it failed it is hug up in the outbox. The save to sent
> > mail option was already checked.
> >
> > "Mary" wrote:
> >
> >> If the mail is not in your Sent items, go to Tools, Options, email options,
> >> select "save a copy in Sent....." You should send a message to yourself to
> >> see if you actually receive it. You might have a missing setting in your SMTP
> >> server & security setup. Visit the verizon help web site for the correct
> >> settings.

Are you receiving any error messages. If so can you post them in it's =
entirety here. Have you check if you set up your outgoing SMTP correctly =
and as prescribed by your ISP

> Yes I can delete and I deleted the 2 items in outbox and tried to send =
an=20
> e-mail to myself and it did not go through. I am still able to =
receive.=20
>=20
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>=20
>> Can you Delete the contents of the Outbox ???  It is possible that =
you have some mail in there that is hung up preventing the others from =
leaving the Outbox
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Peter
>>=20
>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be =
acknowledged.
>>=20
>> "jklshopper" <jklshopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > Mary,=20
>> > Thank you for your response. I have tried the option already of =
sending an=20
>> > e-mail to myself and it failed it is hug up in the outbox. The save =
to sent=20
>> > mail option was already checked.
>> >=20
>> > "Mary" wrote:
>> >=20

0
okf221 (388)
8/26/2007 11:05:05 PM
sending reported an error of 0X8OOOCCCOF the communication to the server was
interrupted. this does not make sense because I am actively online so my
connection is good and the setup is incoming mail.verizon.net and outgoing
mai.verizon.net

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Are you receiving any error messages. If so can you post them in it's entirety here. Have you check if you set up your outgoing SMTP correctly and as prescribed by your ISP
>
> --
> Peter

> "jklshopper" <jklshopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7064DB-4B5F-41D1-A4E6-BA3A32A66303@microsoft.com...
> > Yes I can delete and I deleted the 2 items in outbox and tried to send an
> > e-mail to myself and it did not go through. I am still able to receive.
> >
> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you Delete the contents of the Outbox ???  It is possible that you have some mail in there that is hung up preventing the others from leaving the Outbox
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >>
> >> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> >> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

I have solved the issue apparently the outgoing does not go by
mai.verizon.net like the inbox it needed to be outgoing .verizon.net

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Are you receiving any error messages. If so can you post them in it's entirety here. Have you check if you set up your outgoing SMTP correctly and as prescribed by your ISP
>
> --
> Peter

> "jklshopper" <jklshopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7064DB-4B5F-41D1-A4E6-BA3A32A66303@microsoft.com...
> > Yes I can delete and I deleted the 2 items in outbox and tried to send an
> > e-mail to myself and it did not go through. I am still able to receive.
> >
> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you Delete the contents of the Outbox ???  It is possible that you have some mail in there that is hung up preventing the others from leaving the Outbox
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >>
> >> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> >> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

Outlook Sales

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook