i am having trouble locating my server

i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server
0
talkeesha (2)

Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think
you're in Australia. See if the article here helps:
http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp

"talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a
>server

0
vince8328 (2733)

Can we user webform usercontrols or server controls in MVC?
Hi, Can we use webform usercontrols (ascx files) in an MVC application? Generally, is there any online guide that explains best practices when/how webfoms and MVC could be integrated and co-exist? Thank you, Allan Allan2010 wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use webform usercontrols (ascx files) in an MVC application? A Web usercontrol would have its own MVC implementation, like a Web form would have its own MVC implementation. If a usercontrol was accessing data from a database, then it would use its MVC logic (separate logic) like the Web form using its MVC lo...

Server rules & smtp
I have an issue where inbound messages from external senders are not converting the smtp address to an Exchange server address format. The only kb article I have found is article # 218269. It was not very helpfull. This is breaking forwarding rules and I need to fix. Any help is appreciated. ...

DataSet Tables to SQL Server Database
Hi all For example: I have a DataSet with two tables and one relation between each other. Is there a direct way to publish this tables to the SQL Server even when the tables dont exists ? I know, using SqlDataAdapter, it is possible to update/insert/delete data. But for this, the table has to exists ... Thanks for any help ! Best regards Frank Uray "Frank Uray" <FrankUray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A7EDBBE-91D3-41A7-98E8-99EA7F22B1BB@microsoft.com... > For example: I have a DataSet with two tables > and one relation between...

applying SP1 to exchange server 2007
Hi all, We migrated to exchange server 2007 about a year and a half ago. During the initial setup, I tried to apply SP1, but faced some problem (almost wiped out my AD users ), so we decided not to do it and it's been running in the same setup till now (Without SP1) and without any problem. Now, we have got a new exchange server 2007 with SP1 installed in a different server but in the same exchange organization with same server roles. I can move the mailboxes from one server to the other without any problem. Now I want to apply SCR using the two servers, but the problem is...

Access ADP and SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi all,I have a DB sitting on SQL S 2005 Express and can create a new Accessproject adp to connect to that db but I can not create any otherobjects such as tables, views, procedures or database diagrams on theaccess project which is connected to the db on SQL server 2005Express. I have tried with sever new dbs and projects but get the sameerror message which is below here:***********This version of MS Office Access doesn't support design changes withthe version of MS SQL Serveryour access project is connected to. See MS Office Update Website forthe latest information anddownloads (on the H...

MS SQL Server takes 100% cpu
Alright, everyone has posted different slow CRM questions. Mine will be extremely specific. My organization runs CRM 3.0 with a pretty good sized database, size in my opinion should not matter, remember infinite scalability? Primarily with the Outlook 2003 add-in. Alright so they have an 'Offline Client', usually that means you'll be running on a laptop, or atleast that is how it is here. With 1.4 GHz and 1 Gig of memory exactly how does MS expect people to support a MS SQL server locally? It pegs the CPU, makes outlook a hog and the machine is virtually useless until 2-5 minut...

Choose location of mail enabled distribution group
I have two servers running Server 2003 installed and configured as Server01 and Server02 in the 'mydomain.com' domain, with Server01 as the DC. Exchange Server 2003 is installed on both servers. Using Active Directory Users and Computers I want to create a mail-enabled distribution group, and place it in the mailbox store of Server02. How do I do this? There does not seem to be an option I can see when I create the distribution group. (When I create a new user I can choose Server: mydomain/First Administrative Group/SERVER02 and Mailbox Store: First Storage Group/...

troubles making libraries with VC++ 5.0
Hello, I am trying to put some code into a 'C' style library. When I use visual studio to generate a project I make a static library project and then put the functions (C files) into the project. When I compile I get no complaints from the compiler. The problem is when I use the library the linker complains that it can't find the routines in the library. (Yes, i've added the library to my build) Linking... blah.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol SomeFunction When I use dumpbin to look at the library /EXPORTS shows nothing. Dumpbin /ALL shows that the code segme...

print file path and location in a footer
I would like to print the file path and default location in a footer on my file but the footer does not have the icon for this command how do i get this icon ? please Your only way is to upgrade to Excel XP (2002) or above. You can also put some code in your personal.xls and run it. The code below puts the full path and fie name into the right footer of the activesheet (Must be saved for the first time our their is no path!) Sub FileNameInFooter() Dim FName As String FName = ActiveWorkbook.FullName ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = FName End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Ex...

DKIM on exchange front end server
Anyone know of a good freeware or open source to run dkim on my exchange MTA's? I'd hate to have to start routing outbound mail through sendmail... I think you may need to consider a non-Exchange solution for DKIM, at this point anyway. Nue "knightly" <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03CD17A5-ED20-4F50-953E-2CFC40344756@microsoft.com... > Anyone know of a good freeware or open source to run dkim on my exchange > MTA's? I'd hate to have to start routing outbound mail through sendmail... ...

Windows server 2008 admin rights issues
i have an issue on a 2008 server where all the local admins can not see event logs and really have bugger all rights at all, domain admins can. i have turned off User Acess Control and it has made no difference apart from the pop up box no longer comes up to say are you sure you wnat to do this. i even logged on as the local admin and that does not have the righst to see the event logs. the message we get is "cannot open eventlog service on computer '.'." has anyone got any ideas on this? its got me Andy ...

Trouble referencing.
I have a database in excel that we needed to add a matix to. I did th matrix in access and ran a query through microsoft query. The quer returns an ID tag that I need to reference to a database using vlookup The vlookup is supposed to obtain all the information about the ID Problem is excell seems to read the tag coming from the query differen than I need it to. For instance it returns the number 136776......bu will not pull the ID information, yet if I delete the reference to th query and just type in 136776 it will work and pull all the informatio I need. Any ideas on what I need to do -- M...

Trouble creating black hole in exchange 2003
Hello all, I need to create a "black hole" email address on my exchange 2003 server for a program I am writing, but am having difficulties. I researched creating a black hole address and it seemed straight forward enough, but it is not going as planned. My exchange 2003 server is not a DC, it is running windows server 2003, and I have a DC that is running Win2k server. The instructions said to create a mail enabled distribution group with no members, and then use that email address and all emails to it will be ignored. On my DC in AD Users and Computers I am creating a new group bu...

When link clicked in Outlook Beta (from Office 12), extra request made to server
If anyone from Microsoft is listening . . . (sorry about the "yelling" . . .) THE FOLLOWING SEEMS TO BE A BUG IN OUTLOOK IN OFFICE 12. Using the Office 12 Beta version of Outlook: I have a link in an e-mail. I click it. This brings up Internet Explorer, as expected. (I have seen this with Outlook + IE 6 and also the new IE 7 beta.) Note that the requested URL performs a REDIRECT. Now here's the strange thing: In my server logs, there are TWO requests to the page to which the redirect is pointed. This is pretty terrible, because a session cookie is managed by the server....

SQL Server 2000 fatal exception c0000005
I have isolated a situation that will cause SQL Server 2000 to experience a fatal c000005 error every time. However it defies my understanding of what is happening. I have a table that contains two columns of GUID info. These two columns are included as members of a five column Unique Constraint. The first is the highest order of the UC, and is defined as NOT NULL. The second is the lowest order and is defined as NULL. The Unique Constraint processes just fine against my 61 rows of test data. If I now create an index on the column that represents the highest order member of t...

newbie alert
hi people, i'm just getting to grips with our new server and going through the motions of setting up a new user account with email through exchange. utilising bits of microsoft documentation i've gone throught the motions of creating an account which seems to have gone ok upto a point. my problem is though when i goto a client pc i can log-on correctly but outlook 2003 can't find the corresponding user in exchange when it launches for the 1st time. so setting up the email side of my task has failed. i'm sure its probably something really daft i've missed, but i'v...

How to delete email from exchange server and message tracking cent
How do I completelt delete email from the exchange server and also from the message tracking center so that there is no trace of finding the emails sent and recieved? Donny You would have to do a hard delete on the client and delete the message tracking logs. Nue "donny" <donny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37E0A52D-D30C-44FD-AAEE-72523195498D@microsoft.com... > How do I completelt delete email from the exchange server and also from > the > message tracking center so that there is no trace of finding the emails > sent > and recieved? &...

Default Save as location
Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location? Thanks Chris See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:AxyQb.154$3L3.504541@newsfep2-gui.server.ntli.net, Chris wrote: > Can anybody tell me how to change the default save as location? > > Thanks > > Chris Thanks BUT no it doesnt help, my problem is that it will not save...

Change Backend to Frontend Server Questions
I started out with one exchange 2003 backend server - clients connect to this via RPC- https and pop3. I have now installed a second 2003 enterprise backend server and will be moving all mail boxes and public folders to it then converting the original server to a frontend server. My questions are; 1. Should continue to I deliver incoming SMTP to the FE server after the change? 2. Does it matter that the FE server is the PDC and the first Exchsrvr 3. Should Pop3 clients collect mail via the FE server? I have read the FE BE Topography guide but there is not much information on re-assign...

Back up of Money Data to online location
Hey everyone. I run MS-Money 2003 Deluxe, and would like to figure out a way to backup my data some place other than my hard drive. Obviously, I can just take the backed-up file and manually upload it to a place online, but I was hoping to find a more elegant (and more automated) solution. Any suggestions? Money can backup to (hard disk) any UNC filename you have access to. So, if you have UNC access to someshare on someserver, set the target for the backup to \\someserver\someshare\my_money_backup. "Yoram" <rothyoram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02e601c344c7$622...

Why user can use the last two passwords log on exchange server
The environment: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise with sp1 + Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise with sp1 If user change the password via iisadmpwd, and the user can access the mail via OWA or Outlook with the last two password. But if i enable the Form Authentication, user must type the lasted password to access the mail via OWA, but Outlook also can use the last tow passwords. The only reason the user would be able to use the last two passwords would be that there is a delay in replicating the password change. When a user changes a password (in any way, not just through OWA) the change is...

Proccess Server
Where can I find detailed setup and configuration information on the DPS and DPM? I have looked through the SystemAdminGuide but it seems a bit condensed. Are there other documents which go into more detail? -- Regards, Andrew At this point, that is all the documentation available. I will be writing new doc on that product within the next two weeks as part of my new Bringing Up Dynamics GP series of books. We hope to have this out in 2 months. Email me directly and I will send you a preliminary copy of those pages for your use on the condition that you give me some feedback as to ...

Can we access SQL Server 2008 R2 Database Engine with other Management Studio ?
I just install SQL Server 2008 R2 Database and try to access from other machine with SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 Management Studio but not successful. I would like to know whether it is possible to access SQL Server 2008 R2 database via previous release client ? I have started SQL Browser and enabled all Network Protocol, is there anything being missed out ? Thanks Although I haven't tried it yet I am pretty sure it is possible but not all features will be supported. Did you get an error? If so what was the error? -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality ...

Trouble with offset formula
Hello, I am trying to return a unique value into a cell from a large tabl using two offset criteria as follows: =OFFSET(I3,COUNT(A:A)-1-E3,8) The formula is working in cell I3, I wish for cell I3 to return th value that is COUNT(A:A)-1-E3 rows down and 8 columns across from it. The column offset is easy, it's always 8 columns away. However, th row offset formula calculates correctly only for the first row o observations, but when I copy it down my worksheet, it does no calculate correctly for the second, third, and so on (which shoul change because E4 has a different value than E3 and...

Best strategy for protecting 2 server DAG
Hi, I have been searching for a white paper or tutorial or something like that which discusses the best strategy for protecing an exchange 2010 dag via dpm 2010. We have a 2 server dag with 5 databases total (5 mounted on server1 and with a copy of each on server2) I know DPM has the ability to do a full backup of one copy and a copy backup of another copy of the same database however I am wondering the best way to implement this Is it really common, or neccesary to protect BOTH copies of a particular database in general? Or would it be more common or easier/better to ...