Hyperlinks in Custom Forms

We have a need for distributing excel spreadsheets and
large documents to our outside people who dialup to get
their mail.

I created a custom form with a hyperlink to an EXE file
that will install the document into a specific folder.

The problem is that this works sometimes, but most of the
time it tries to open the link in IE (then I get the
unable to open the page error). I want the form to
automatically download (or just give me option to
download) the file when the link is clicked.

I thought it might be encoded in the link somewhere as a
switch or something... ANY help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
~rs
0
rshepard (1)

Delete a custom mask from the Input Mask Wizard
I can't figure out how to delete a custom mask once it is entered into the wizard. Which version of Access are you using? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ __________________________________________ "johnsweet" wrote: > I can't figure out how to delete a custom mask once it is entered into the > wizard. ...

CRM Live 4.0 Customizations Import
Does any know if CRM Live 4.0 has the ability to import customizations from a hosted environment? I tried importing customizations from a 4.0 RTM VPC to CRM Live and ran into a bunch of errors. Is there a tool I might need to use to get this in? CRM Hosted and CRM Live are both running on the same codebase. There should be no issue importing customizations into CRM Live exported from the hosted environment. What are the errors you are seeing? -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "@VGroupby1" wrote: > Does any know if CRM Live 4....

Form question
When formX do a formY.Show vbModeless, Me, does formY know the reference of Me (where it originate). I am trying to show the original form and I don't want to use vbModel. If not, any sugestion is welcome. Thanks On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:35:54 -0400, "Phil Hunt" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote: >When formX do a formY.Show vbModeless, Me, does formY know the reference of >Me (where it originate). >I am trying to show the original form and I don't want to use vbModel. If >not, any sugestion is welcome. > If I understand your question then yes...

Hyperlink not working for one user
I added a field to a form where the user enters the name of a file. I created a hyperlink which is labeled "Get File", and when clicked it creates the path to the file and opens it in the appropriate application. e.g. .doc opens in Word and .pdf opens in Acrobat. At least that is what is does on my machine. When another user clicks the Get File and the file name is ..doc, it opens in Word. If she clicks when it is .pdf her task bar flashes (items highlighted then not highlighted) several times then nothing happens. If she clicks the actual file in Windows explorer it opens...

hyperlinks in CRichEdit controls?
Does anyone know of an easy way to place hyperlinks into a CRichEdit control? ...

Filtering Reports with Custom Entries
Hi All, I added a picklist to the Case schema. When I try to filter the cases in any report (using the filters accessed by clicking the chevron in the top right) using this new picklist the report fails. I've done some digging and looking at the report in Crystal my picklist doesn't show in the list of whats available to report on. Does anyone know how I can add this to the list of schema entries in the report? Thanks Tom You wont be able to add the new schema field to the built-in reports however you can use advanced find to "report" on the field and export it to exce...

Hyperlinks in Access 2007 Rich Text
I love the HTML-based rich text in Access 2007, especially now there's a hotfix so you can edit rich text in subforms. It's so much less hassle than ActiveX rich text controls, or embedded Word documents. However, I have a problem which has been bugging me for days. If I want a clickable hyperlink in a rich text field, all is well if I simply type the URL into the field e.g. "www.microsoft.com". But, there doesn't seem to be any way of displaying the hyperlink as a word or phrase rather than the URL e.g. if I wanted it to show as something like this: ...

How to revert back to default color palatte from custom
Excel 2003 Somehow my color palatte changed from default to custom. I want to change it back to default. I've tried opening up a template that has the colors I want, only to have it too (grr) revert to the custom palatte. Any ideas? Carole O Colors travel with the workbook. So if you reset the colors in one workbook, it doesn't affect any other existing workbook. If you're really editing the template (and not a new workbook based on that template), make sure you save that template. Carole O wrote: > > Excel 2003 > > Somehow my color palatte changed fr...

Some of my info added on forms fails to show up in the report.
I have tried to figure out why some flows to the report but some doesn't. I assume it has something to do with the parameters in my report set up. Is there something basic I am missing? Comet 184, Without knowing how your report is set-up and what parameters are set it's hard to say. The only thing I can suggest is checking the RecordSource of your report. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Comet 184&q...

Word Merge For Form Letter Code Error
The below code has worked for many years until my client got a new machine.: Dim myWord As Word.Application Dim myDoc As Word.Document Dim sFileName As String Dim sPath As String sPath = CurrentProject.Path sFileName = "\ThankYou.doc" sFileName = sPath & sFileName Set myWord = New Word.Application Set myDoc = New Word.Document myWord.Visible = True Set myDoc = myWord.Documents.Open(sFileName) With myDoc.MailMerge .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument .Execute End With myDoc.Close All of the ...

Outlook Custom Dictionary
I'm trying to add words to the spelling custom dictionary in Outlook 2000, but when I click Tools-Options-Edit, the edit screen does not appear. Anyone have a clue? ...

take values from listbox on form and INSERT INTO table
I have a piece of code that I am trying to use to insert values from a listbox on a form into a table, but I keep getting an error message: "Microsoft Access can't find the field 'frmROEsList' referred to in your expression." It stops right at the line: Set frm = form!frmROEsList I thought this line is supposed to define the form, frmROEsList, but Access is thinking there needs to be a field. Why/what field? I am trying to get the data from the listbox. Here is my code as is when a user clicks a line in the listbox: Private Sub lstOracleLinesForROEs_Click() Dim...

Forms Doesn't diaplay in reading pane
I have designed a outlook form and when I send it to the user, he cannot see it in reading pane unless they double click and open it, Please let me know Thanks, Pallu Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Pallu R" <Pallu R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98C3B7A1-1E06-4D04-BB93-324C22D6098C@microsoft.com... >...

Reporting custom fields database verify problem
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on the web server. Installed Crystal 9.2.2 and CRM v1.2 Crystal Reports Enhancement on my workstation. I can modify the reports on CRM, but when I do a Verify Database to see the custom fields that I want to add to the report I receive the following error: Logon failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on user IDs though the BizUser service. I tried to log on using trusted connection in the Microsoft CRM connection "http://MS crm servername/MSCRMServices". I also tried to use domain\user and password, but with the same result....

Custom draw CTreeCtrl text
I'm trying to highlight individual words in a CTreeCtrl using NM_CUSTOMDRAW, but I've run into a roadblock. I want to draw the text myself, but leave the [+]/[-] buttons and lines to Windows. Unfortunately, the only options I seem to get are CDRF_DODEFAULT, which draws both, or CDRF_SKIPDEFAULT, which draws neither. Anyone know how I can draw the text myself but make Windows draw the buttons and lines? ...

ERROR into CRM's customization v. 1.2
Hello, I have installed version 1.2 of the Microsoft CRM, but once entered in the formulations in order to personalize form whichever, hardly public my customization with the DM (that it goes to good aim) if I re-enter in the CRM, the entity of which I have changed the form goes in error! This result I obtain it in any case: it is that it carries out the restart of services IIS, is that do not make it. Someone knows why? I believed was a XML error therefore I have installed also MSXML 4,0 but without effect! What I can make? Thanks! Max Max, I have the same error, did you find a fix...

form question..??
hello everyone! You know how yu can open a general template from excel...such as "invoice" and it shows up on yur screen like a piece of paper with the form? and it blacked out from behind like it was scanned in but yu can fill out the entry and so on. Are we able to create our own like that or will it just be a protected sheet or workbook? curious, i was helped to protect my shet and allow users to fillin the required cells. but when we open it ..it looks like a data sheet anyways. not like the form micro soft had incorporated into the "general templates" . is th...

Can VBA change Split Form Size?
I just started to experiment with split forms today. I would like to know if it is possible to use VBA to change how the form is split between the upper and lower parts. An example would be most appreciated. Thanks, Brad Answered in the programming news group. Brad, Don't know how you are posting to the news group (Outlook Experss, www.microsoft.com/office/community/..., or some other method). But what you have done is call "multi-posting" and is highly frowned upon (chalk it up to being new to newsgroups). Multi-posting is when you post the same m...

Hyperlink Errors
When I try to open an Excel 2003 sheet on my PC at work (XP Pro) which is located on our server it opens the Word Hyperlinks but will not open the PDF file Hyperlinks in the same document, when I click on the Links to the PDF files it just opens and closes very fast. I have tried it on other PCs using the same file on the server and they work so is it my set up? Any help most appreciated Thanks -- Soad123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Soad123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25553 View this thread: h...

Outlook Web Access Options Customization
Hello, We currently have Exch 2003 installed on a W2k3 server. We have a backend cluster with a single node and a front-end server. The front-end server handles SMTP routing and OWA. I have several managers that want me to turn on automatically send read receipt on read under the options tab in OWA. I have read thru mountains of information concerning OWA and possible customizations. There has been basically no information concerning making "Automatically Send Read Receipt" the default for all users. Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me to talk to the right people...

My data is not showing on the form.
I have a database with 3 tables in it. I created a form to input data. Whenever I input data, the records are stored to the tables but I cannot see the information on the form Teg, That's a bit confusing. Do you mean you enter a new record of information, and you see those entries on the form as you type, but after the record is saved...you can't find, or see, or go to, that record? Perhaps the DataEntry property of your form is set to YES. DataEntry = YES only allows users to enter new records, but they can not access any previously entered record. What makes m...

hyperlink to value
i have a question regarding getting the value of a hyperlink. i have a hyperlink to Sheet2 in cell A1 on Sheet1. i would like to be able to use that value in a formula in cell B1 o Sheet1: =A1!B2 should return essentially the equivalent of Sheet2!B2. how do i do that -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26466 Hi not possible without VBA. You could use something similar if...

Customer Class description
I have been able to figure out that the customer class id is stored in the rm00101 table but where is the corresponding description stored. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Look at the RM_Class_MSTR (RM00201) table. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions po...

Preserving in-document hyperlinks in Automatic tables of contents (TOC)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've used a template from my old office (that has been used on PCs and Macs) for a press clips document, and it includes a Table of Contents that is based on the Heading presets. The table works perfectly when I update it, but when I create hyperlinks for each of the lines to link to anchor headings throughout the document, I can't update the TOC again without losing all the hyperlinks. This document is something I need to edit every day, so finding a way to make the hyperlinks to the anchor headings per...

Squished Form
Hey....On startup, I have a form which opens minimized within the main Access window. Upon restoring the window, the form is "squished up" smaller than its true size. Settings for the form are: AutoResize TRUE PopUp FALSE Modal FALSE Style THIN Thank you. -- BrerGoose Moose-Tech Software: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webspace/MTS/Home.htm I would try changing border style to sizable. Run the file so you get the squished form. Resize, go to design view, and check the size of the form again and save. Open the file again, if the form stays that the size needed, cha...