Hyperlinks from Outlook to Explorer not working

Can anyone help me - when clicking on a web link from an
email in Outlook I am given the following message

Command line option syntax error. Type command/? for help

Would be very grateful for any assistance on this as its
driving me mad

thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Try this:

Close Outlook

Select Start | Run

Enter    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Select OK

Open Outlook. You may have to reboot after running the regsvr32 command for
it to work.

If it still doesn't work, open My Computer.

Select Tools | Folder Options | File Types.

Scroll down to the entry for URL: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol and select
it.

Select Advanced | Edit.

The application used field should have the following command line in it (or
something similar - w/quotes)
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Caspar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me - when clicking on a web link from an
> email in Outlook I am given the following message
>
> Command line option syntax error. Type command/? for help
>
> Would be very grateful for any assistance on this as its
> driving me mad
>
> thanks

0
patrickareed (498)

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

Registration doesn't work
Just installed Office 2004. After filling out much information, it asks for the Product I.D. number. With the "About box" in Excel 2004 open, I very carefully copied the Product I.D number to the form (and had a second person verify). I keep getting the error message "invalid Product I.D." I've cleared the box and re-entered (again having a second party verify) with the same results. This is a legitimate copy that I purchased via mail order. In article <be362d5d.0405190410.1a215db@posting.google.com>, crabuback@aol.com (Craig Buback) wrote: > Just insta...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

Sharing Outlook #2

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...