hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List Options - 2 Names Same

I have had success linking via html from web page to opening a
specific contact record from Microsoft Outlook.  I have done it like
this:

outlook://Big%20Contacts/Contacts/~Peter%20Crawford

However, my very large contact database also has people with basically
the same name, like John Smith.  In the current "Address Card" view
inside Microsoft Outlook, one of the John Smith's is always sorted
first.  If I enter

outlook://Big%20Contacts/Contacts/~John%20Smith

the first John Smith in the sort order is always opened.

However, I want to specify one of the other John Smith's.  How can I
specifically request a different John Smith.  I know the different
John Smith's have different (unique) e-mail addresses.  There is
probably also a unique ID for the "Address Card" record number as
well, although I haven't figured out how to find that ID or make a
call to it via hyperlinking.

On Nov 21, 8:59 am, Billy <googled...@godfearer.com> wrote:
> I have had success linking via html from web page to opening a
> specific contact record from Microsoft Outlook.  I have done it like
> this:
>
> outlook://Big%20Contacts/Contacts/~Peter%20Crawford
>
> However, my very large contact database also has people with basically
> the same name, like John Smith.  In the current "Address Card" view
> inside Microsoft Outlook, one of the John Smith's is always sorted
> first.  If I enter
>
> outlook://Big%20Contacts/Contacts/~John%20Smith
>
> the first John Smith in the sort order is always opened.
>
> However, I want to specify one of the other John Smith's.  How can I
> specifically request a different John Smith.  I know the different
> John Smith's have different (unique) e-mail addresses.  There is
> probably also a unique ID for the "Address Card" record number as
> well, although I haven't figured out how to find that ID or make a
> call to it via hyperlinking.

Still haven't figured this out.  Anyone got any ideas?

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Address book updating...

Options > Clean Up Now
First there is no community for Outlook Express 6 - Hopefully a Microsoft person will respond. Under 'options' > (tab) 'Maintenance' > there is a button that reads 'Clean Up Now'. The explanation reads that it will delete all downloaded messages. What the #%&!@ does that mean? Will all emails I have previously read be deleted? Is it only deleting the deleted messages? What? -- Shawn That should only apply to downloaded newsgroup messages. The outlook express newsgroup (yes there is one!) will be better able to answer the question. http://www...

hyperlinking email addresses

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Addressing within Exchange 2003

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

auto complete replacement list
Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in through the auto complete options and adding them one by one. Thanks Tangy Auto Complete or Auto Correct? Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in contiguous cells above where you are now entering data. There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit. Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Working with non-employee stock options
Hi all- After looking at Microsoft's knowledge base article on recording and tracking regular call/put stock options in Money (2002), I am confused because I can't get it to work, even when following MSFT's instructions explicitly. Basically, I have sold 100 covered calls that I am trying to track. I created a new investment for the options (the Scottrade symbol for June calls on DIA stock). It's unclear if in the "symbol" box, I am supposed to enter the options symbol or the symbol of the underlying stock. Right now I am using .DIAFY as the symbol. I ...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...