hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??

I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system
crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and
reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where
on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from
outlook 2003 that I had running before?

THanks..
0
dahauss (2)

Hi Dave,

please look here, which datas are important for outlook
http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18
If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new
Outlook!

--
Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-)
Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de
"Dave Hauss" <dahauss@unlimitedsounds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system
> crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and
> reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where
> on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from
> outlook 2003 that I had running before?
>
> THanks..

0
A.Roeder (118)
7/21/2004 7:27:17 AM
Note that this procedure is not recommended. You should not import your old
PST. Rather, you should reconnect it:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"AndreasRoeder" <A.Roeder@Frigoblock.de> wrote in message
> Hi Dave,
>
> please look here, which datas are important for outlook
> http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18
> If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new
> Outlook!
>
> --
> Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-)
> Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de
> "Dave Hauss" <dahauss@unlimitedsounds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system
> > crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and
> > reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where
> > on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from
> > outlook 2003 that I had running before?
> >
> > THanks..

0
russval (3097)

Outlook 2003 cannot see public folder
Just migrate from 5.5 to ex2003. Win2K3 Sp1 and Ex2003 Sp1. Some minor issues. I have a problem with a set of public folders. They are replicated from 5.5 and 2003. I have a user whose has permission to read/write/delete message on those public folders. When using Outlook 2003, the user cannot see content. The user can see the folder and sub-folder, but not any message. The error message is: Unable to display the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. Now the user can use Outlook 2000 ...

recovery a users folder
Hi I need to recover a users mailbox (well need calender and tasks mainly) i cant seem to move the folder to a user (using sbs2003 - exchange 2003) using exmerge, get to the last bit but the folder is blank and i cant select, any ideas on how to recover. thanks Have you tried using a recovery storage group? Here's the documentation for RSGs, which includes some troubleshooting infortmation for Exmerge as well. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Tammy Treit Exchange User Education This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

New folder created under the mailbox does not have the subject and receive colum
New folder created under the mailbox does not have the subject and receive columns by default. It must be added through the View menu. Any way to get these columns to default in every new folder created? Thank You Check out Views:CurrentView: DEFINE VIEWS. At this menu location you can set the view defaults and not just a single or custom view setting... "Nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053601c3dc93$87f3c930$a101280a@phx.gbl... > New folder created under the mailbox does not have the > subject and receive columns by default. It ...

contacts #36
When I write an email outlook automatically used to bring over the email address of the person for whom I was typing the name in the "To" section of the email message. Now it does not for some reason. Can you help? I use outlook 2007. Only the same one posted here hundreds of times. Autocompletion is not a robust or reliable feature. Outlook will lose its connection to its cache in a number of ways, most often because it is not exiting completely and not writing to the file. Make sure you run no add-ins or sync software that might hold Outlook open. To restore the function, ...

Sub folders...
Hi, Anyone knows a way to create sub-folders within Account... Account/clients Account/prospects Account/partners etc... -- Best Regards, Benson Yeung Triware Networld Systems Best bet for this would be to classify the Accounts then add Views that only display Accounts that meet the indicated clissification. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Benson Yeung" <BensonYeung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53A4CDFC-FD0D-402C-89D2-58DFCD9E3D45@microsoft.com... Hi, Anyone knows a way to create sub-folders within Account... Account/clients Account/prospec...

Erase Contacts and Calendar
Is there an easy way to wipe out the content of Contact or Calendar? Thank you in advance. Rully Kusuma <anonymous@domain.com> wrote: > Is there an easy way to wipe out the content of Contact or Calendar? WIthout creating a new PST, the easiest way is to switch to a list view of the folder (like By Category), selecting all the items, and pressing Delete. -- Brian Tillman Good idea, thanks much! "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23uwGvTqlFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Rully Kusuma <anonymous@domain.com> wrote: >...

Not all .dbx folders were deleted
Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook Express 6 Yesterday I had a .dbx folder in the Identities store folder of 200 MB that I didn't need any more so I went into Outlook Express, found the folder and deleted it. Today, I did a search for the rest of the associated documents elsewhere on my computer, which added up to 92 MB, of which, *78 MB was listed in the search as .dbx folders from the same Identities number.* Is there something about Outlook Express that would keep 78 MB of .dbx folders after I had already deleted the folder in OE? And what would this 78 MB of .dbx folders ...

How can I duplicate Outlook (mail, contact, calendar,etc) on my l.
When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in sync. jsu8249 <jsu8249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files > (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in > sync. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Unable to open default folders
Hello: We are running Exchange 5.5, and we are not able to connect. Most PC's are running Outlook 2000 and connection was fine until one day ago. Now, whenever we try opening Outlook it says "Unable to open default folders. Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable..." I have tried restarting the server. Right when the server comes back, I can connect using Outlook (sluggishly). Then after a few minutes the connection fails. I can ping the server, and I have tried altering DNS settings. The exchange services on the server are also "started". Thank you v...

Data List liek autotrader
How would you set up a car slection data list, say exactly lik autotrader or ebay where you can pick make of car, THEN the models of cars pop u depending on the make u select, and the year as well. Basically like your are pickign out a car on a professiona website(just alot fewer cars), how would i go about i -- prelude994 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prelude994e's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27550 You can create dependent d...

Recovering deleted items
Hi, My V.P. is getting an error ( "outlook has generated an error and the application will close") when he is trying to recover a deleted item. Then Outlook shuts down. The deleted items window does come up but when you click on an item to recover,this error comes up.We are using Outlook 2000. I have been unable to find anything referencing this issue and was wondering if anybody could assist me with this....Thanks What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? Does it work when you start Outlook with the /safe switch? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

Contacts format
I have recently started using Outlook and have imported some 500 names and e-mail addresses from a .csv file from my old PC. They have all been imported correctly but the "Display as.." field automatically repeats the e-mail address. Is there any way I can change them all so that what appears in the "To:" box is simply the first and last names? Could I have created a field in the Excel file to do this? I know I could amend each contact separately, but..... The field missed was one to map to Email Display Name containing whatever value you want to appear in...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

Multiple "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" in Folder List
I just installed Office XP on a new computer. I copied my old (Outlook 2000) outlook.pst file to logical drive E:. Somehow in my playing around with this I have ended up with three instances of "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" showing in the Folder List. The content of each is identical. I want to get rid of two instances of this and can't figure out how to do it. There is no "Delete" option when I right-click them and both the Close option and the Rename option are grayed out. I did try both a Repair and a Reinstall from the Office XP CD. No luck. Any help out there w...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

Web Folders not displaying
I have users that want to access thier email via HTTP. Everything works great on the Intranet where the Exchange 2003 Ent Server resides. On the external side of my firewall i setup an alais that just redirects the traffic to the internal exchange 2003 box. When a user comes in from the internet...they are authenticated and the folder listings show up...but the middle pane where the email actual are to be listed, don't show up. The messages reads The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perfor this action If the user comes in thru the VPN...of course no pr...

My Documents in Folder List
I was wondering if there is a way to have a shortcut in the Folder List (perhaps under the Inbox folder) for My Documents on the file system. I am using Outlook 2000. TIA. -Steven- Beside the Folder list you can view the Outlook Bar (View | Outlook Bar) and you can drag the My Documents folder onto it. Just select the folder and drag it over onto the shortcut bar. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.a...

recovering password
I just downloaded Outlook for the 60 day free trial. When I try to configure my account so that mail goes to Outlook instead of Outlook Express, it asks for a password. I never set a password with Outlook and the password I use for Outlook Express does not work. Help! - Is it asking for a password to open Outlook or to access the mail server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's ...

Sharing folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: Exchange I know how to share calendars, inbox, and an address book with Entourage - but is there a way to also share just a folder? I have tried creating a folder, sharing it, but when I try and select the type of share, I am only given those 3 options above. Thanks! On 1/7/10 5:22 PM, kateri@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: > Exchange I know how to share calendars, inbox, and an address book with > Entourage - but is there a way to also share ju...

Recovering Information store
Hi -- I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 (SBS 2003 SP2) server that was just wiped and completely reloaded. Continuing problems with screwed-up updates and AD issues just got to be too much, and the server was wiped clean, reinstalled, and jumped to the latest SPs on all software. I have the Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder (several copies of it for safekeeping) from before the wipe. How do I power up Exchange so that I can recover the contents of the information store and reassign the mailboxes to the new AD users? Thanks CL On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:07:08 -0500, "Charl...

Distribution Lists, How to Set up?
From time to time, I get messages from professional organizations and others that is clearly sent to a distribution list, but only my name appears in the To: field. Can I do something like that in Outlook? Checking the archives, I see that one recommendation is to put the DL in the BCC field. I just tried a test using that method. It does keep the dl addresses hidden, but it appears to put my email address in the To: field for all of the recipients. That is, I included several contacts in the dl and the email they all received had MY email address showing in the To: field. Is there some wa...

Products from different price lists in one order?
Hi Why the system allows me to enter produts from other price lists into one order (quote, opportunity) when i have a specific price list attached to it? I dont really want products from a dealer's price list to be sold to individuals. Is there a way to restrict this? thank you If you want a "dealer's" price list then you have to set that price list and then link it into that product via the Product's "Price List Items" Otherwise it will price at the "Default Price List" Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm S...

Sorting Folder List
I've added some personal folders and somewhere along the way, my folder were arranged alphabetically. I don't know if this is the default, bu I'm so used to my Inbox being on top, than when I browse to a differen folder, I find it difficult to find Inbox again, because it's in th middle of this list. I know this sounds minute, but it is reall annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to change the orde of the folders on the Folder List? Please let me know ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post...

New Public folder in New Database?
Is it possible to add a new public folder but have it reside in a new database? For instance, my Public Folder pub1.mdb database is HUGE now. I'd like to create a new public folder in a new Database on a different drive. All I've found are ways to create a new "General Purpose Public Folder Tree" which is only accessible through HTTP, not MAPI. When a public folder is created, the location of the replica defaults to the settings on the parent. So, the answer to your question is yes, but you'd have to change the replica administratively after the folder is created, a...