HTML/plain text settings on replies

Running Outlook 2003 with all the updates.

I send emails using rich text and occasionally, when I reply to emails sent
in plain text, I have to manually set the outgoing reply to rich text.  Is
there any way I can set Outlook to always send in rich text, regardless of
what format came in?

TIA

No. On top of it not being technically possible, it's sort of rude. If
someone sends you plain text they may not want to or be able to read Rich
Text or HTML

"Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message
> Running Outlook 2003 with all the updates.
>
> I send emails using rich text and occasionally, when I reply to emails
> sent in plain text, I have to manually set the outgoing reply to rich
> text.  Is there any way I can set Outlook to always send in rich text,
> regardless of what format came in?

0
vince8328 (2733)

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

setting up tax tables in RMS
I have a client who has special tax needs. $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25 $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75 $3201- and above is taxed at 7% so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I set this up in RMS? Help! Thanks Andrea Andrea, Create 3 Sales Taxes. Sales Tax 1 Minimum Taxable Amount = None Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99 Tax Rate = %9.25 Sales Tax 2 Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99 Tax Rate = %9.75 Sales Tax 3 Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = None Tax Rate = %7 Assign all of these taxes to one...

eliminate spaces after a text field
Hello, I am designing in query and there are spaces after text field. How do I delete the spaces after? Thanks Try something like: NewField: Trim([YourField]) To remove trailing spaces only (not leading spaces): NewField: RTrim([YourField]) Spaces in the middle of the field will not be affected. Use your actual field name in place of YourField. Use whatever you like in place of NewField. "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB9EA84-D7F8-416C-B2C0-2155F02B8BBA@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am designing in query and there are spaces ...

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Setting up Conference Rooms as Resources in Exchange 2003
Hello, I've spent a considerable amount of time fishing around for a document I had once found describing a Microsoft add-on to Exchange 2003 that would allow us to set up conference rooms, projectors, etc., as resources to invite or schedule in Outlook. Does anyone know where this went to? So far I can't seem to find it. Many thanks! Auto-accept Agent Admin & Deployment Guide http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/autoaccpt.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "AJWS" <AJWS@discussions.microsoft.com>...

SQL statement in form text control
Hello! In a social services DB, one of the reports is all incidents involving a particular client. There are a few thousand records. I am using an SQL statement which filters records by the client's full name and Birthdate. The SQL is sent to the rowsource property of a combo box. The combination of name and DOB provides 1 unique client. (or none if the DOB is mis-entered or is wrong) The report (controlled by a query with parameters provided by the DOB text control and the combo box.) The combo box seems to be just one more thing to click through, so I thought of changi...

verdana font changes when replying
Hi! I have my font type set to Verdana on new email and reply emails. It shows as Verdana while I am typing. However, if I am REPLYING to an email, the receiver of my email sees Times New Roman instead of Verdana. Please help! ...

reply/forward in html
Hi there.I can't seem to get my outlook 2002 to let me reply in html to a message that comes to me in either rich text or plain text. Is there any way I can configure it so that it always replies or forwards in HTML? Thank you! - Jason If you could copy jasonsjunk@mail.com, I would greatly appreciate it! Have a good day. Outlook has no setting to force HTML on all replies, but you can do some = interesting things with VBA code. See = http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D47 for a couple of = samples and discussion.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Outlook and Exchange solutio...

Strange acting text box.
Hello Folks After thinking I knew all there was to know about Publisher, I have come across a feature that I cannot re-create. In the menu templates, some of the text boxes contain text that you cannot edit, it can only be deleted. When clicking and attempting to drag, the text box gets a pink line around the edge. Please can you tell me how to re-create this (and what this feature is used for) Thanking you in anticipation Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. <<>><<>> Big Rick The pink only appears when you move the text. You can move the text o...

i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers
i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula =MOD(A1,2) 4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red) 5. Hit OK PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>Manage rules>New...

How do I flip text

HTM and not HTML
I am using publisher 2003. When I publish to the web I have to type HTML to make sure it is saved as HTML files. When I do a search on yahoo for something specific on my website the link comes up as HTM and it won't work. Can someone tell me why the link comes up as HTM and not HTML and what I need to do you change it? ..htm and .html are basically equivalent, and unless you have a particular reason for choosing .html extensions, allow Publisher to use the default of ..htm when you produce your web files. Delete you old web files off your host and republish. If you have more qu...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...

Extracting text from cells
Can anyone suggest a formula to use to extract certain text from a cell? The text may be found anywhere in a single cell, it may vary in length and not always preceded by punctuation, however, it will always be preceded by a "M0" or "P0" . Here's an example: CCN 02/04/04, PAID 05/28/03, M02-10708, BOX AE-3912, DD 01/31/08. The task is to extract just the text, "M02-10708". -- AusTexRich Hi: Use the text function FIND in conjunction with LEFT, RIGHT or MID functions to extract it. However, this might prove to be difficult since you say that what you...

Outlook 2000 fails to send HTML formatted messages
Gentlemen: When I try to send an HTML or RFT formmatted message I get the following response: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about the problem. We have created an error report ............... The error report states: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1255 Offset: 00006d79 I am using Windows XP professional, Word 2000, Outlook 2000. I am able to send plain t...

exporting simple html
probably been asked a thousand times, but i'm wondering if there's a way to export, or filter after export, to get to the minimal essence of the table. suppose i could juryrig through csv, but somehow think i'd run into a different set of problems. even if you eliminate all formatting in excel, the exported html includes a los of 'extras': height, width, mso..., class tags everywhere. fairly fat html. any configuration of excel that will help? 3rd party programs/macros? any frontpage or other editor tips/tricks? Thanks in advance! ...

Format Text
I'm trying to format order numbers in excel and I want dashes to fill in automatically. The problem is I have numbers and text for each order. For example: SRT46510D1234 is what I want to type in, but I want it to appear as SRT456-10-D-1234. Is there a way to make that happen? You can not have th eformat directly in the cell you are entering in. XL does not have a facility for input masks or formats on text. You can output the formatted text in a seperate cell with a formulas such as this =LEFT(A1, 6) & "-" & MID(A1, 7, 2) & "-" & MID(...

Rotating Text
I need to rotate text on my report to read sideways, bottom-to-top. I'm having trouble with the Stephen Lebans approach which I will describe below but first I'd like to ask the Microsoft reps out there if Microsoft is going to build something into MS Access to solve this problem or if they are going to continue to just ignore it? Many thanks to Stephen for developing a workaround solution. Hopefully I can get it to work. I am using Access 2003 on WinXP Pro. I've placed a label on my report with the Tahoma true-type font, Label104, with 90 in the Tag. I've also placed a...

text mask problem
A2k. I'm using the following to mask an unbound text box so that the user can ONLY enter 50 characters: CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I seem to recall this is a problem with access since this also means that editing in that control means that typing in the middle of the string overwrites characters regardless of the how the keyboard key "Insert" is set (on or off). I need to limit the # of charactes AS the user types. I do NOT want to Trim the characters afterward, nor do I want to pop up some lame warning in the BeforeUpdate event or in the ValidationRul...

setting up common headers
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report contains a header showing: Name of Client Account# Title of Report Date Range of Report Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data for each report. I'd like to streamline this if possible, The client name and number remains the same across all reports The Title is specific to each report and does not change. On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning or ending date of the specified range. I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range ...

extracting data from a text string of varying length
is there anyway to get a computed value for the square inches in the following cell: LightJet Mural - from Provided File (8.5X11) Normal I am trying to compute usage from parts that are named with the dimension embedded in the description - and the dimensions varies with each description. the dimension is always embedded as shown (widthxheight). the text string surrounding the numerical data vaires in length thanks for your collective wisdom, excel gurus... try using instr x=instr(string, y=instr( ' A textual comparison starting at position 4. Returns 6. MyPos = Instr(4, SearchStr...

Convert to text
I have a query that has one field that combines two other fields. Date Length Combined 12/2/2009 3 Day 12/2/2009 - 3 day I need the combined field to in plain text format. I tried the following hoping that it would work...no luck! Text(DateLength:[Date] &" - "& [Length]) Please help FORMAT([Date],"d/m/yyyy")&" - "&[Length] Date is a pretty bad name for a column, you should re-name it to something more descriptive i.e. StartDate. "Prohock" <Prohock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Chart 'crowding' problem. Chart suddenly overlaps axis text.
My manager created several chart sheets on his system (currently Windows 2000, Excel 2002 I'm pretty sure...he's in a meeting so I can't get his SP#). The charts look good, have a couple added lines to split the quarter visually into three months (the X-axis is the day of the quarter), and it displays both X- and Y-axis labels. When I open them on my system (Windows XP, Excel 2002 SP 2) they look fine. But the following day when I open the workbook the charts are now a little larger and are overlapping the axis labels...very annoying! Any idea why this is happening? The workb...