html in Contact \ Notes possible?

I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes field
of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and returned to
have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or simple plain
text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into Notes and have it
stick?

Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)

It's supported in Outlook 2007.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
> I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
> field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
> returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
> simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
> Notes and have it stick?
>
> Thanks, DH

0
Roady
2/26/2008 9:50:17 PM
OK.  I pasted html material into Contacts \ Notes but the html formatting
does not carry over.

I'm using Vista Home Premium (SP1 beta RC) and Office 2007.

Suggestions?  Thanks, DH

message news:56840174-700D-4771-9AF2-8ACAD89892F3@microsoft.com...
> It's supported in Outlook 2007.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>> field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>> returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>> simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>> Notes and have it stick?
>>
>> Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)
2/26/2008 10:31:12 PM
Roady, contact me privately (if you wish) and I'll send you the Contact and
the copied material and you see if you can paste it and keep the format
intact.  I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Home Premium with the SP1 RC.

I copt the material into Contact Notes and I can see it as plain as day.
Once I Save it, close it, and reopen the Contact, the formate changes to
what I believe is Rich Text Format.  I am at a loss though I must admit this
is not a matter of life and death; I'm just surprised.

Thanks, davehorne at home dot nl

DH

message news:56840174-700D-4771-9AF2-8ACAD89892F3@microsoft.com...
> It's supported in Outlook 2007.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>> field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>> returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>> simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>> Notes and have it stick?
>>
>> Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)
2/26/2008 10:59:41 PM
Well, I think I found the problem.

I created a brand new Contact and copied the html material to it.  It stuck
to the hard drive.  I'm guessing the Contact I was using was created in an
older verision of Outlook and therefore would not accept the material.  Does
this make sense?

At any rate, my problem is more or less solved.

message news:56840174-700D-4771-9AF2-8ACAD89892F3@microsoft.com...
> It's supported in Outlook 2007.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>> field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>> returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>> simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>> Notes and have it stick?
>>
>> Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)
2/26/2008 11:21:47 PM
Good to hear. An "old contact" shouldn't have anything to do with it unless
you were using a custom form (which I doubt). See if you can repro it on
other "old contacts".

--

> Well, I think I found the problem.
>
> I created a brand new Contact and copied the html material to it.  It
> stuck to the hard drive.  I'm guessing the Contact I was using was created
> in an older verision of Outlook and therefore would not accept the
> material.  Does this make sense?
>
> At any rate, my problem is more or less solved.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:56840174-700D-4771-9AF2-8ACAD89892F3@microsoft.com...
>> It's supported in Outlook 2007.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>>> I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>>> field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>>> returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>>> simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>>> Notes and have it stick?
>>>
>>> Thanks, DH

0
Roady
2/27/2008 12:04:38 AM
I tried this with another 'old' contact and the html formatting did not
carry over.

At the very least I'll know how to handle this in the future. DH

message news:182F9E65-C93D-40E2-9F44-CADA6B379677@microsoft.com...
> Good to hear. An "old contact" shouldn't have anything to do with it
> unless you were using a custom form (which I doubt). See if you can repro
> it on other "old contacts".
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>> Well, I think I found the problem.
>>
>> I created a brand new Contact and copied the html material to it.  It
>> stuck to the hard drive.  I'm guessing the Contact I was using was
>> created in an older verision of Outlook and therefore would not accept
>> the material.  Does this make sense?
>>
>> At any rate, my problem is more or less solved.
>>

>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:56840174-700D-4771-9AF2-8ACAD89892F3@microsoft.com...
>>> It's supported in Outlook 2007.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>>
>>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message

0
davehorne (161)
2/27/2008 1:16:40 AM
Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:

> Well, I think I found the problem.
>
> I created a brand new Contact and copied the html material to it.  It
> stuck to the hard drive.  I'm guessing the Contact I was using was
> created in an older verision of Outlook and therefore would not
> accept the material.  Does this make sense?

Did you import those "old" contacts at all?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>Notes and have it stick?
>
> Thanks, DH

0
outlookmvp (5838)
> Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:
>
>> Well, I think I found the problem.
>>
>> I created a brand new Contact and copied the html material to it.  It
>> stuck to the hard drive.  I'm guessing the Contact I was using was
>> created in an older verision of Outlook and therefore would not
>> accept the material.  Does this make sense?
>
> Did you import those "old" contacts at all?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, I did in fact import those Outlook Contacts from an earlier version
of Outlook (2000) to Outlook 2007.

0
davehorne (161)
2/27/2008 10:43:35 AM
Diane, I was copying and pasting telephone number infomation from my health
care provider ... pretty straight ahead.

I'm guessing the problem lies with the importing of older Contact
information into Outlook 2007.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, in the future I'll just copy and
paste into a brand new Contact.

Thanks, DH

> it works correctly here. Was it complicated HTML? If it uses scripting or
> anything not supported by outlook, the layout won't display -you'll only
> see text.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>>I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes
>>field of a Contact.  It looked exactly the same until I saved it and
>>returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or
>>simple plain text?).  Is it possible for me to paste html material into
>>Notes and have it stick?
>>
>> Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)
2/27/2008 10:49:13 AM
Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:

> Brian, I did in fact import those Outlook Contacts from an earlier
> version of Outlook (2000) to Outlook 2007.

That's the likely cause, then.  It's never a good idea to use import/export
when transferring data from Outlook to Outlook because import/export loses
data.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:
>
>> Brian, I did in fact import those Outlook Contacts from an earlier
>> version of Outlook (2000) to Outlook 2007.
>
> That's the likely cause, then.  It's never a good idea to use
> import/export when transferring data from Outlook to Outlook because
> import/export loses data.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, not to belabor this, but how does one transfer info from an old
verion to a newer version?

It was a year ago that I did this, but I believe I had problems trying to
use the old outlook.pst in the place of the new one.  It has been a while
but I believe at the time I opted to import; apart from the issue I just
had, everything went well.

0
davehorne (161)
2/27/2008 4:55:48 PM
Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:

> Brian, not to belabor this, but how does one transfer info from an old
> verion to a newer version?

Open the old PST in the new version and either use it as the delivery
location or use Copy to move the data from the old PST to the new one,
closing the old one when finished.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote:
>
>> Brian, not to belabor this, but how does one transfer info from an old
>> verion to a newer version?
>
> Open the old PST in the new version and either use it as the delivery
> location or use Copy to move the data from the old PST to the new one,
> closing the old one when finished.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks, DH

0
davehorne (161)

converting htm to html
? Is there a difference? As I understand, htm and html are both globally read by all the standard web-browsers. That said, there isnt much need to convert from htm to html. If you really want to, you could rename the file and just add the html extension. "Mariposasilver" wrote: > ? only a difference if your server requires one or the other on the index/default page on Frontpage Extended webs...otherwise it doesn't matter which you use. "Sean Bickford" <SeanBickford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:629F9B4B-40E1-493C-BAA5-AEEEA4F7B07...

Using Removeparent and setparent on notes
I try to remove the parent of a note and then reattach it to another object.I use the notesmanager class and call the two functions one after the other. The removeparent works well on its own.But when I use setparent or even update immediately after neither works nor is there an errormessage.Any pointers anyone? Best, Rajat ...

Help if possible.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong fourm but heres what I am trying to do: I need to set up a spreadsheet, i've got the basics down (I think) but am having some problems what i am trying to do is: I need to track how long a for intance a trailer has been in my yard so I set up a basic spread sheet with dates say in A1 I have the date the trailer comes in say 7/15/06 and then I need a automatic function to add a current date everytime I open the sheet again, say in like C1 and I need the dates to subtact eachother so if I open it today (7/16/06) it will show 1 (as the number of days i...

Is it possible to print transparent fills when using
When I create a fill while using a gradient shading color, then select for it to be transparent, it will show it as transparent on the screen, but will not print (nor print preview) the color as being transparent. Is there something I can do so it will print transparent? Thanks! Els513 <Els513@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I create a fill while using a gradient shading color, then > select for it to be transparent, it will show it as transparent on > the screen, but will not print (nor print preview) the color as being > transparen...

Lost all my outlook messages, calendar & contacts
I was not able to open outlook - received the error message - Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook which was resolved by uising the recommended solution of entering, outlook.exe /resetnavpane in the Search bar enter. I have now lost all messages received and all contacts and calendar items entered. Any idea how these can be restored? File > Open and browse to your PST file. The default name of the file is outlook.pst unless it has been purposely changed. "canadajack56" <canadajack56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89DA0506-5647-44F6-A2B...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

How to use relative file:// protocol in html resource used by CDHTMLDialog?
Howdy, I'm writing a C++ CDHTMLDialog based application in VS .net. Of course I have an HTML resource that contains the html code for display by CDHTMLDialog (which wraps the Webrowser control). I understand how to reference program resources in my HTML using the res: protocol, but I'm having trouble getting the file: protocol to work with relative references. For example, if my embedded HTML resource includes this absolute path in my htmlcode it works fine: < IMG src="file:///C:\Documents and Settings\jim\My Documents\temp\CHtmlApp\Debug\ugly2.bmp" > But if I pu...

Exporting all Contacts except 'Private' Contacts
[I posted this query in microsoft.public.outlook.contacts about a week ago but received no responses, so I am trying this newsgroup, as it has heavier traffic.] I would like to provide my contact database to my associates, but I want to first eliminate any Contacts marked 'Private'. In taking a look at the export filters, I don't see any means of accomplishing my objectives. How can I export all Contacts except those marked 'Private'? There is an illistration in OL help re Exporting a partial list of contacts. This may require all the contacts you wish to export being ...

Mail-enabled contacts vs Administrative groups
Hi, Since my Exchange 2003 was switched to native mode I'm not able to select a administrative group where I want to create it. Is that normal? "Jocelyn" <thefreefly@gmail.com> wrote: >Since my Exchange 2003 was switched to native mode I'm not able to >select a administrative group where I want to create it. Is that >normal? Since those are just AD objects I'm not sure I understand why you care. When Exchange had its own directory the "site" owned a directory object. But Exchange doesn't have its own directory anymore. -- Rich Matheise...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

Retrieve sent messages using "tasks" in the contact prop.
Hi to all, we have a mail system based on Microsoft Exchange 2003 (server side) and Outlook 2003 (client side) with a public contacts folder, plus a public mail folder. Users usually send emails to contacs they find in this public contacts folder. My problem is the following: I must be able to retrieve all the messages sent and received to public contacts (included those stored in the personal mailbox of the users that send the message). I've tryied to do this by using the "tasks" tab on the public contact, but it only shows the mail that are in a public mail folder. I've ...

Outlook 2003 and mail to contacts....
Hi U all! Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set which format a mail sent to a spesific contact should have? Some contacts accepts HTML mail, and others don't -- Regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnistic Can't you right click on the contact and select Outlook Properties and select the format from there? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Zadig Galbaras aske...

Email address from Outlook Contacts
I have a worksheet that contains the names of contacts. Most are identical to contacts in my Outlook XP standard Contacts folder. I would like to be able to enter a new contact in Excel and have the email address from Outlook email address 1 appear in another Excel column. As I already have many contacts in Excel I'd also like to be able to go through all the existing contacts and have their email addresses appear. Is it possible to do this and if so how please? Many thanks for any insights you have. Kevin Lucas Hi Kevin, The usual thing to do would be to Export your Outlook addres...

Retrieve attachments from notes tab of an entity
Hi Guys, In crm 3.0 usually we will attach any files to an entity through notes tab ..Simply i want to retrieve and display those attachments in an aspx page created by using VS.NET 2005. Can anybody provide crmcode for retrieving attachements from notes tab of an entity to aspx page. Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance Prabhakar ...

Remove Ability to Create Contacts
We have a third-party plugin tool (which links with our CRM) for Outlook 2003 which has its own "Create New Contact" wizard we want people to use instead of creating a new contact with Outlook. The question is, how do we remove their ability to create a new contact using Outlook's default contact creation screen? It would be nice if we could remove the button(s) used for creating a new contact, but the problem is the multi-function button on the left-hand side of the toolbar - when you're on the contact screen it become a Create New Contact button. But removing the entire ...

html in Contact \ Notes possible?
I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes field of a Contact. It looked exactly the same until I saved it and returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or simple plain text?). Is it possible for me to paste html material into Notes and have it stick? Thanks, DH It's supported in Outlook 2007. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &...

Business Contact Manager installation prbs
I am trying to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 bu when I install the program, the menu at the top of the page is no coming up. It is in the Add/Remove Programs area and it is enabled. Any other ideas -- fleetfeet4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fleetfeet42's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=514 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126332 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Try this: In Outlook, on the Help menu, click Configure Business Contact Manager, and follow the instructions....

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

custom filtering/migration of .msg file contact data to .vcf format
I need a way to filter and process incoming sales contact data (name, addres, phone, etc) within incoming .msg files (sample .msg message body below) and append directly to my Outlook Contacts file (.vcf output) for future use. I receive this info from web queries emailed to me, and I'm looking for a way to automatically process every message contact in a format below - the volume of email could be very large, so it needs to be automatically executed by an outlook rule (I can setup a rule to apply only to these emails, based on the subject text, which can be assumed to be unique). I'...

include credit notes in select cheques without applying
the ability to include a credit note in a select cheques run without having to apply it to any invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ee64b37f-41ab-4036-a...

List all the address book contacts in outlook
Hi all, I need to retrieve all the contacts that are in my address book in outlook in order to look for particular emails, looking around I just found this script quite useful but it is not exactly what I'm looking for. In fact I need to search all my conctacts in the address book.... $outlook = New-Object -ComObject "outlook.application" $c = $outlook.getnamespace("mapi").getdefaultfolder(10) foreach($tt in $c.items) { echo($tt.account + " - " + $tt.fullname) } Thanks, Mattia i dont know the answer off hand, but i see that the 10 sent to getd...

Add GAL to each users Contact list in Outlook 2003
How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. Why not use Offline Address Books? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- <smd321@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. > In news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, smd321@gmail.com <smd321@gmail.com> typed: > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. The GAL is not Outlook ...

add contacts Into Oulook 2007 from backup files Re; Windows Mail
My old laptop, (Vista) using Windows Mail (not Live Mail) crashed. I have a back up copy of all my contact addresses on an external hard drive and need to add all these into Outlook 2007., They were backed up as "contact file", and because I have over 1000 it is a huge process to add them individually ("adding as a Contact "into my personal contact folder on new laptop running Windows 7, using Outlook 2007) Please help in giving steps to add all this info without having to recreate files.. thank you "Sheryl" <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft....

auto-fill Contacts
Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word document, etc.? Bernie Unclear post. Clarify what you want to do and in what format the information currently exists. Look At File > Import and Export to see what file types can be imported. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "baltobernie" <bernie@pennstar54.com> wrote in message news:ARh4e.3622$%b1.630@trnddc08... > Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New > Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word documen...