HTML Emails - Using table/cell background images

 This is for my job, so I cannot change software packages.
It's Outlook or it's nothing.

I need to create a newsletter that will be distributed
quarterly. To spice it up, we decided to create a nice
looking HTML formatted email with images, etc. (just like
the everyday spam we get).

The only way I was able to figure out how to get the HTML
into an Outlook email is by...

1) Create the HTML in another program (namely, I use
Dreamweaver)
2) Preview the HTML in a browser (I use Internet Explorer)
3) 'Select All' on the page, 'Copy' it and 'Paste' it into
the body of the email.

It works like a charm (I'm assuming because they're both
Microsoft products). The only thing that Outlook does not
like is when a table/cell uses a background image. It
simply ignores it.

So my question is this... is there a way to edit the HTML
code of an email through Outlook? If not, can anyone think
of a way this can be accomplished?

In Tools...Options, under the Mail Format tab, choose Stationary Picker.
Click new to create a new stationary.  Enter the path to your HTML file you
wish to use in the textbox.
After setting up the stationary (at the previous dialog - Mail Format), make
sure your new stationary is selected.

Now every new email you create will use that stationary.  If you ever want
to change the stationary, just change the file but leave the name/location
alone.

"John Lavin" <john.lavin@verizonwireless.com> wrote in message
> This is for my job, so I cannot change software packages.
> It's Outlook or it's nothing.
>
> I need to create a newsletter that will be distributed
> quarterly. To spice it up, we decided to create a nice
> looking HTML formatted email with images, etc. (just like
> the everyday spam we get).
>
> The only way I was able to figure out how to get the HTML
> into an Outlook email is by...
>
> 1) Create the HTML in another program (namely, I use
> Dreamweaver)
> 2) Preview the HTML in a browser (I use Internet Explorer)
> 3) 'Select All' on the page, 'Copy' it and 'Paste' it into
> the body of the email.
>
> It works like a charm (I'm assuming because they're both
> Microsoft products). The only thing that Outlook does not
> like is when a table/cell uses a background image. It
> simply ignores it.
>
> So my question is this... is there a way to edit the HTML
> code of an email through Outlook? If not, can anyone think
> of a way this can be accomplished?

0
s-mar (86)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

"View Image Slide Show"

Pivot Table Question #5

How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?
I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help. the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the background to your foreground images. al "doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E476FD31-FFC3-45C5-8987-EBE2FB98C714@microsoft.com... >I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a > background for a diagram I am creating. I...

Emails #3

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

default values in a cell

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

CListCtrl/CImageList. Redraw causes images to load incorrectly.
I have a derived class of CListCtrl that has a CImageList member variable along with a member function called DrawImageList() that is meant to dynamically build an image list from paths that are contained in a column. It works when the dialog is initialized, however when I add something to the listctrl(which then calls DrawImageList) the ordering of the images is unpredicatable. This is thoroughly confusing for me.... void CMyListCtrl::DrawImageList() { //Clean out the current image list and create a new one //based on whats currently in the list control SetRedraw(FALSE); ...

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

How to get to email from Word

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...