Html emails not printing problem

Hi

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003 does
not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html email if
I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select File->Print menu the
print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I have tried the following so
far without luck;

- Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was
interfering.
- Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware program
and removed some minor spyware.
- Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your
settings' but the page appears completely blank and so I can not progress
further. So eventually I removed IE7 and went back to IE6 which at least
allows me to browse.
- Reset browser settings.

What more can I do?

Many Thanks

Regards

0
john6244 (170)

did you run detect and repair (on Outlook's Help menu)?
do you have all the latest window updates?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003 does
> not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html email
> if I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select File->Print menu
> the print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I have tried the
> following so far without luck;
>
> - Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was
> interfering.
> - Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware program
> and removed some minor spyware.
> - Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your
> settings' but the page appears completely blank and so I can not progress
> further. So eventually I removed IE7 and went back to IE6 which at least
> allows me to browse.
> - Reset browser settings.
>
> What more can I do?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Regards

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/15/2007 12:44:52 AM
Hi

Thanks. Detect and repair did not help. I tried windows update but it does
not work and gets stuck at "Windows Update is downloading and installing the
updated software". Then nothing happens.

Thanks again.

Regards

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> did you run detect and repair (on Outlook's Help menu)?
> do you have all the latest window updates?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003 does
>> not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html email
>> if I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select File->Print menu
>> the print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I have tried the
>> following so far without luck;
>>
>> - Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was
>> interfering.
>> - Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware
>> program and removed some minor spyware.
>> - Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your
>> settings' but the page appears completely blank and so I can not progress
>> further. So eventually I removed IE7 and went back to IE6 which at least
>> allows me to browse.
>> - Reset browser settings.
>>
>> What more can I do?
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>
>> Regards

0
john6244 (170)
10/15/2007 12:58:16 AM
that error is probably related.... if it does this after a recent reboot,
you'll need to fix the update problem. Unfortunately I don't know what might
fix that - you'll need to check with windows update experts.

--

> Hi
>
> Thanks. Detect and repair did not help. I tried windows update but it does
> not work and gets stuck at "Windows Update is downloading and installing
> the updated software". Then nothing happens.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Regards
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> did you run detect and repair (on Outlook's Help menu)?
>> do you have all the latest window updates?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003
>>> does not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html
>>> email if I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select
>>> File->Print menu the print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I
>>> have tried the following so far without luck;
>>>
>>> - Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was
>>> interfering.
>>> - Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware
>>> program and removed some minor spyware.
>>> - Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your
>>> settings' but the page appears completely blank and so I can not
>>> progress further. So eventually I removed IE7 and went back to IE6 which
>>> at least allows me to browse.
>>> - Reset browser settings.
>>>
>>> What more can I do?
>>>
>>> Many Thanks