HTML emails have grey background

After reinstalling Outlook 2000 on repaired Win98 all incoming and outgoing
html emails have a grey background. Even old emails which were saved in
backed-up .PST files.
I don't see anywhere to "globally" change the background colour of HTML
email documents.

0
storer (4)

All incoming emails assigned to one email account
I have two email accounts A@A.com and B@B.com. I’ve been using Outlook for years with the A@A.com address. I just recently added the B@B.com address. I’ve figured out how to set which email account an email will be sent from, so the receiver will see A@A.com or B@B.com, depending on which email account I select. My problem is, when the user replies to an email from B@B.com, the incoming email is forced into the A@A.com email account. If I reply back, then the reply will come from A@A.com! If I send an email from a third account to B@B.com, it is also forced into the A@A.c...

Some emails bounced when sent to Exchange 5.5
Hello, We use Exchange 5.5 with SP4 Some mails are randomly bounce back and sender gets a message DATA <<< 421 XYZ.com connection limit reached Final-Recipient: RFC822; Action: delayed Status: 4.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 02:00:51 -0700 (PDT) Will-Retry-Until: Fri, 7 May 2004 19:02:37 -0700 (PDT) When I test for mail in dnsstuff.com, I get the following error: [Could not connect: Could not receive data: Operation timed out.] But right now I could send and receive mails with no problem but with some delay. No events in log also. Som...

Can i selectively forward email to external recipient with Exchange 2003 ?
Im migrating my clients to exchange 2003 from a hosted pop3 setup. They have the standard info@example.com & sales@example.com email accounts that go to multiple mailboxes. I created a distribution list and that works all well and good. However, my clients also use blackberry (no enterprise server here) and im going to setup forwards to each of their mailboxes using contacts in ADUC, so they can get a copy of their email to their blackberry as well. Ok - well here is the wrinkle... They only want the main email account (i.e - bob@example.com) to be sent to their blackberry devices and...

"From" email address field
I am new to WLM (Windows 7) having switched from WM (Vista). The only feature I am having trouble getting used to is the location in the upper right, of the "from" email address field, because members of my family need to frequently change the default address for their needs, and often overlook the change . Is there a way to move it over to the "To" etc area of the email form? Thank you. -- Jerry You're out of luck... However... the "from" email address defaults to the account last selected (or made "active"). So, click the approp...

Can a previously archived folder accept new emails via drag and drop?
Can someone confirm for me that this really works. I archived my old email via the traditional way and have subsequently just dragged and dropped some new emails into the archive folder. Do this subsequent and one-by-one approach work so that those dragged emails are now off the server and on my c drive in the archive pst file? Please confirm if you know. Thanks Confirm if we know what? You have provided no information with your post. We don't know your Outlook version, we don't know your transport type, we don't know what you mean by "via the traditional way,&q...

BCC On All Outgoing Emails
We are looking to install the Exchange router to take advantage of the emailing functionality of CRM but need to know if there is a way to force a copy of every outgoing email to be BCC'd to one specific address for archiving purposes?' Thanks! Not with standard CRM. Only way I can think of is modifying the source code to bcc to another address. Not seen any solution like this however. Of course CRM will store the email in the activity history for any contact you send to. Is this not good enough? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Paul" &...

HTML Status Bar
It there a way for me to customize the status bar to show the item picture after a item is scanned? Copy and past the code below into Notepad or Frontpage and save it as an .htm file. If you use Notepad be sure to change the File Type to All Files. Or just piece the code that you need from this example into your file. I modified this to display the image of the last item added to the transaction or the currenlty highlighted item. If the item does not have an image assiged then it displays a generic 'no image available' pic. Rob <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=...

why is my FROM field blank? when sending email
I entered my pop info and yet the setup fails on validating my email addresses(yahoo) - YET all addresses entered GET the test email. Its sounds as if something is wrong with my setup or with OUtlook. Thanks Pete <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I entered my pop info and yet the setup fails on validating my email > addresses(yahoo) - YET all addresses entered GET the test email. Its > sounds as if something is wrong with my setup or with OUtlook. > Thanks What's in the E-mail Address field of your account properties? WHat type of account? What version of ...

Some emails in Outlook Express not showing in Windows mail
Hi there This is a first for me so here goes: My email provider is Sky although I have chosen to use Outlook express for years. I have just bought a new laptop and have set up my windows mail account copying the settings from my Outlook account. However, not all emails seem to be coming through to my laptop, when I check my mail through Outlook there are maybe 5 new ones there but only one of those shows in my Windows mail. Then to add to the confusion if I try to access my emails through my Sky account there are some showing there that have not come through to Outlook or Windows...

Emailing Invoices and Statements
Can anyone share their experience with emailing statements or invoices as a pdf file using Outlook. Thank you. Emailing Statements works out of the box from great plains if you have adobe acrobat installed. Since it's using the pdfwriter/distiller (depending) the resulting PDF looks the same as if you'd print it on the printer. I've recently completed a customization for a customer that uses the same email accounts that the Statements use for SOP Invoices. IF you print a batch of sop invoices, the code will pull out the ones that are set up for emailing statements and won...

usinging word 2000 in outlook 2000 for html email
After setting up outlook to use html format for email with word (sp3 edition of each) I get an error message that the two are not compatable. Any suggestions other than replacing my Dell? Thank you What is the exact error message? Are you sure you are running the same version of Outlook and Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John asked: | After ...

XmlTextWriter Encodes HTML Entities?

attach mp3 to an email?
How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? If you don't see a paperclip icon, then use Insert > File, then browse to the file you wish to attach. Alternatively you can drag and drop the attachment onto the email. -- Kathleen Orland "mskatman0625" <mskatman0625@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93FEB717-2BF8-46EC-9B50-6D4ACC2CBCDA@microsoft.com... > How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? mskatman0625 wrote: > How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? The same way you attach any other file to an e-mail. With...

How to Unencrypt user email on server
If users have encrypted email with the digital ids is there a way to unencrypt the email stored on the server? Like EFS recovery agent stuff. Seniroios... User left company and account deleted - know need evidence from backup etc. Monitor for innapropriate behavior etc. etc. If the certificate is one generated in your own certificate authority, then the certificate authority administrator should be able to recover the keys and use them to decrypt the messages. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Michael" <Michael@discu...

Transparent Excel chart backgrounds
Problem: Need to print the white elements in Excel XP charts embedded in dark-colored PowerPoint XP slides as black when the slides are printed in black and white. PowerPoint automatically prints the dark slide background as colorless,i.e. white on the paper, using black and white printing. The Excel XP charts are pasted into PowerPoint XP and formated to display with white text, axes, and axes labels against the slide's dark background. The white chart elements need to be printed as black type on white paper when the slide is printed for handouts using the "Pure Black and ...

change edit program when checkout html file
Using SharePoint 2007, when a document library has an html file, is there anyway to change the program for editting from SharePoint Designer? The majority of users here do not have SPD installed and prefer to use a simple notepad type editor for html files. Jane ...

[Html Edit box] recommended tool
Dear all, I'm looking for a component that allows me to edit html documents in a WYSIWYG manner. It should have buttons for italics, bold, bullets etc., but otherwise it could be fairly simple. Can anybody recommend such a component (commercial or not)? Thanks -Thorsten Although this is not MFC-related, I'll point you to FrontPage and DreamWeaver as my favorites. "Thorsten Ottosen" <thorsten.ottosen@dezide.com> wrote in message news:43fcb54a$0$78281$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk... > Dear all, > > I'm looking for a component that allows me to > ...

Blank Email Attachments
My Exchange 2000 Server on Windows 2000 is having an issue. After reviewing my backup logs I have many messages that BackupExec cannot verify when doing a Mailbox backup. After researching these messages I found that each of these messages an attached email message. when I open the attachement it is Blank. Nothin in the "message body", "subject line" or the "to" field. any idea why this is happening? thanks Hi If you have Norton antivirus for exchange you need and for OS, You need to excludes the quarantine and tmp directory of the antivirus for exc...

email hyperlinks
Received email hyperlinks open in IE instead of my default browser. How do I fix this? ...

Same Sender Multiples Email #2
Did you check to see if these users have rules to forward? The answer is Yes Are these users in these DL's contain both external and internal users? Yes Also were you able to check the message ID's to see if they are indeed duplicates? The answer is also Yes Is there a utility or configuration setup to filter those msgs? Thanks a lot for the help "jamestechman@gmail.com" wrote: > Did you check to see if these users have rules to forward, if not did > at one point have rules that forwarded? Also someone asked if these > senders in the DL's were external or i...

Receiving double of all emails
Mick, I had the same thing start about a month ago with Office 2000, using Winows 2000. If you see this, please respond with a little more info cause it looks like no one else is going to answer you. I have a laptop also with Office XP and I did not get double copies of emails on that computer. It's easy for me to compare them because my ISP is set to retain the email on their server (so I can independently download the email to both computers; I have no idea how to syncronize the two computers any other way). Periodically, I go to the attglobal web site and erase all the emails. An...

cant send email but can recieve
cant send any email but can recieve ok. get the following error no matter what the address isThe connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtp.starfieldtech.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E? this is chuck again. forgot to say it started after we got our verizon internet security suite working. i have tried to turn off email scanning but didnt help. "chuck" wrote: > cant send any email but can recieve ok. get the follo...

Email Tricks with Web Client
Is there any thoughts on how to do this: When a user creates an email using the web client, I want it to automatically fill in the CC or BCC field with the user's email address. Why you ask? because then it will send an email to their Outlook. Outlook will have a rule that will put the message into a Sent_Via_CRM folder for historical purposes. Please don't ask why do this when it is already in CRM, the boss-man wants it that way. Thanks - James This can be done with some client-side java script which uses a web-service call or two to get the user's email address. I'...

Option to enable Word as email editor grayed out
I recently installed Outlook 2002 (came with my IPAQ 2210) on my work computer, running Windows ME. I was previously using Outlook 2000 with Word as my editor, but cannot choose that option after upgrading Outlook. Thanks for any guidance you might have, Chris Hanson Your versions of Outlook and Word must match. Word 2000 with Outlook 2002 (XP) won't work. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Chris Hanson" <cghanson@cox.net> wrote in me...

Cannot Get Email
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.window...