My husband & I use the same PC(Windows XP) but have an
individual user accounts. We have several email addresses
for individual usages and shared usages and all enable to
receive and view by Outlook 2000 inbox. We have noticed
that the emails came in while I'm on Outlook (or
minimized at the bottom) can not view when my husband
goes to his Window user and open the Outlook. And vise
versa. We want to be able to look at all emails that came
into the Outlook inbox at both Window user's Outlook
inboxes. How can we do that?
0
fsdynasty (1)

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

Viewing IMAP messages #2
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Ve...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

How to turn off automatic resizing of the view to fit selected obj
When I select objects that partially fall outsize the current window (becasue I have zoomed in on a particular detail), PPT automatically resizes my view. This makes drawing/editingn of small objects in a larger drawing tedious and time consuming. In past versions of PPT this did not happen. How can I turn-off this automatic resizing of the zoom factorview ? PPT 2007, right? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. That will fix it. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

Journal View
I can't get "job title" and "business phone" fields to fill up from the client data. I can get start, company, contact, and notes. Help? Graham ...

Question about different string type in VC++
Hi, I want to write a simple Trim() function to trim the spaces around a LPSTR string. I created a dialog based app to test the routine, the Trim() function seems to be OK, but when I close the dialog, it causes General Protection Fault. I tried some other approaches but no go. Since I only intent to use Ansi string, so I did not use any _T() macro or _TCHAR() macro in Trim(). Please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks. Here are the code fragments: void CSimpleDlg::OnBTNTest() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString sInput; LPSTR sTemp; GetDlgItemText(IDC_TX...

emailing pictures.
what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures (attachments)??? Version of Outlook? "confused" wrote: > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > (attachments)??? 2003 (so sorry for the delayed response, i turned off my pc, b/c i was so irritated, all other help areas were just as confusing) "Mary" wrote: > Version of Outlook? > > "confused" wrote: > > > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > > (attachments)??? If you are trying to use the Web toolbar to ...

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

Highlight Cells with different values
Hi, I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in Column A:A, then it is highlighted... Any help appreciated Fuad Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is for Publisher. "Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0536FB95-362E-412F-BD1C-99BF9B10E8CD@microsoft.com... | Hi, | | I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use th...

Custom lists from different sheets
Hi to all, I want to create a custom list from linked data from other sheets. Lets say we create the list on 'sheet10' and the values will be taken from: 'Sheet1!A1' , 'Sheet2!A1' , 'Sheet3!A1' ect....and i want the list to continue till 'Sheet9!A1'. I tried to drag the first three link cells (on sheet10),in order to create the list but the next cells didnt jump to: 'Sheet4!A1',Sheet5!A1'.... Does somebody knows the answer.... Thanks in advance Hi One way is to link your formula to the row number, and use this to increment your sheet numbe...

Does Access work properly under Vir PC?
Hi Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? I could not use it with my old ver of Vir PC MS Access works fine (although slowly) in virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <047501c3cee4$fbf13460$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Tom" <gamedayphoto@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi > Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? > I could...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

2007 user levels
I only have a limited knowledge but have previously developed a number of relational databases using Access that have worked very well. If user level access has been removed in 2007 how do i stop some users accessing confidential data, while still allowing them to use other parts of the database. The data base will run on a simple pier to pier network, with one machine holding data and Access installed on all machines, so do not have MS Server. please help Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03658D-236C-47BC-9F09-FC91674862D0@microsof...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Email header in Entourage in Spanish/Italian or Portuguese instead of English
I'm using Entourage 2004 on a ppc mac; OS 10.4.8 is setup in American English, Keyboard is in American English; only my regional settings are for Vancouver, Canada. I was surprised to see the other day that the header of each email I have receive since installing entourage is in a romance language; either Spanish, Italian or Portuguese. I have the latest update for Office 2004. Any tips on how to change that would be appreciated. Regards, Mihai ...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

emailing spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I email a spreadsheet as an attachment the recipient cannot open it. I have tried copy and pasting it onto a word doc but apparrently it still doesn't open. What am I doin wrong It's hard to be sure because you don't indicate what *does* happen when the recipient tries to open it, whether these are Mac or Windows users, nor do you disclose any details pertaining to the email specs you or the recipients are using. You may be doing nothing wrong at all. It could be a problem with your ...

Send message issue
Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window which is subclassed I am proceesing some work (function) in the document and after the work is finsihed I need to send a message that the connection is established to the control and control starts downloading the data from document. thanks Tom > Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window > which is subclassed Yes. You can use SendMessage from anywhere as long as you are sending it to a window. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, this is how I am sending it ...

Viewing missing Contact list
I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, smaller Contacts folder that cam in from the smaller imported PST. I think it is still in the merged PST (500 MB)because it is larger than it was previous to merging. Any ideas on how to view the important Contacts folder would be very appreciated! stevec <slcolucci@yahoo.com> wrote: > I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't > do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, >...

Email naming standards
I'd like to take a survey of email address naming standards and which ones you use. I've looking online for a "naming conventions" FAQ but had very little luck. At my company, it's currently lastnamefirstinitial@company.com, or smithj@company.com. I would like to lobby to change it simply because it's so out of step with the rest of the world. The way I see it, when it's jsmith@company.com there's a logical progression from left to right. We are changing the company name (and domain name), so the way I see it this is the perfect time to do it. Opinions? ...