how to synchronize Contact folder outside default mailbox

Hi all,

I have several entries (Calendar, contactcs, etc.) outside my default
mailbox, under a new folder thta I have called "Other Contacts". The
problem I'm having is that I cannot find a way of synchronizinf that
information to the Contact forlder in my Pocket PC.

By default, the synchronization process reads the infor. to symc. from
my Contact folder, but this time I want it to read it from the Contact
folder in "Other Contacts". Any ideas how I can accomplich this?

Probably better to post in microsoft.public.pocketpc as this isn't an
Outlook question per se.

Rocio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several entries (Calendar, contactcs, etc.) outside my default
> mailbox, under a new folder thta I have called "Other Contacts". The
> problem I'm having is that I cannot find a way of synchronizinf that
> information to the Contact forlder in my Pocket PC.
>
> By default, the synchronization process reads the infor. to symc. from
> my Contact folder, but this time I want it to read it from the Contact
> folder in "Other Contacts". Any ideas how I can accomplich this?

0
lanwench (7567)

exporting excel data to create new contact list in outlook
I have an excel data file of 300 contacts separated out into first name etc and I want to send an email to each of them now and in the future. How can I do this without reentering all of the data? WhenI send information can I just have the contact group name e.g Conference participants rather than the 300 email addresses in the "to" box. This is what currently happens (not that I want it to) when I send emails using outlook groups. ...

Contacts in public folders?
Hello, Clearly I don't know much about exchange. All I want to do is add a contacts folder to public folders so everyone can see it. When I add a folder I don't seem to find and option saying 'this folder is a contacts folder/calender etc'. What am I missing? I'm using Exchange 2003. Thanks, Bob On 17 Feb 2005 04:23:08 -0800, bob_jeffcoat@hotmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Clearly I don't know much about exchange. All I want to do is add a >contacts folder to public folders so everyone can see it. When I add a >folder I don't seem to find and o...

embed swf in pptx pack for CD or Folder
I know you can´t embed swf into 2007, and need to treat them like movies (link) but when you "pack for CD og to Folder" the link /swf does not work on other computers I know I can use my 2003 version to solve the problem but isn´t there another solution? If you save in 97-2003 .ppt format from 07 the swf should embed? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Nikolaj" wrote: > I know you can´t embed swf into 2007, and need to tre...

synchronize my 2 combo boxes
Hi everyone, I have a subform frmMasterList in my Form: Review Details I have 2 combo boxes with In my frmMasterList i have this field PO Trigram DTBTyp Date Equipment on my first combo cmbPONo i have this row source: SELECT DISTINCT PO FROM qryMasterList UNION SELECT' All PO' FROM qryMasterList GROUP By PO; on my 2nd combo cmbEquipment i have this control Souce:qryMasterList.Form!Equipment I want that when I select from my cmbPONo it will limit my second combo with those PO has 2 kinds of Equipment Can any help me how to figure out, or can anyone is ki...

Exporting public folders in outlook
If I attempt to export a folder under Public Folders as anything other than .pst (excel or csv, for example), it will not even give me that option (it will only list the local outlook folder list under the 'select a folder to export from:'). Does anyone know the reason for this? Is it just not doable or is there another method? Thanks, in advance, for the help. Is this folder in your Public Folder Favorites? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my pers...

smartlist defaults History tables?
Hi, does smartlist show both open and history by default? when I add the Document Status column it only says Posted. If it only shows open by default how do I get it to show history also? Thanks MP What smartlist are you looking at? The default - Payables transactions for example for Fabrikam will show all - uposted - posted and closed. Also - couple of things to check - what is the maximum no. of records set to ? If < 1000 - you may only be seeing open items for those first 1000 records (a common mistake). If its not a default smartlist - do you have any other restrictions in your s...

unable to expand this folder
Hi to all, i just bought a new pc and i in stall office 2003. So, i just copy my .pst file from my previous computer to the new one. I have no Exhange servers in both machines, only plain Outlook. The problem is that now it lists the nornal "Personal folders" in the "All mail folders" pane, but it also lists 2 other folders with my username and when i tried to open, expand or close them, Outlook is telling me that "unable to expand this folder. the set of folders could not be opened". Has anyone else (i am sure that he has...) encountered this ?? I tried t...

Outlook 2003 "synchronizing files"
I am trying to advise by email someone who uses Outlook 2003, who is complaining about an icon that appears with the message "synchronizing files" which slows down sending and receiving. All the info I can find related to this is to do with using an Exchange Server. This person is using POP3/SMTP. Any ideas? ...

Page Setup (Default) Question
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have the Paper Size default to 'A4'? If so, can you please tell me how. Thanks, Christian ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi Christian haven't had too many installs of excel not stay at A4 paper when the default printer has A4 set for its paper size - you can access this under control panel / printers (or you might like to try in excel - file / print / click on the printer's properties & set it in there - but ...

Error after setting default pricelist
Hi, In the opportunity form, i added javascript code in order to input default the pricelist value automatically. When loading the form, the default pricelist was successfully added. However i could not add the new opportunity product. The error was " you have changed the pricelist for the opportunity. Please save the opportunity form before attempting to add the product." I have save the form several times but still cannot add the product. What's wrong? Carrie ...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't remove Public Folders from Front-End server
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 using a front-end/back-end topology. There are two FE servers (FE1 & FE2). My goal is to remove both public folder stores from FE1 & FE2, and leave the a store on the backend cluster. The public folder store has already been removed from FE1, but I can not remove all of the public folder instances from FE2. When I look under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folders, that container is empty. However, under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folder Instances, there are two replicas that I can not get rid of: Offline Addres...

Why do non-default pst files update?
I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? Beemer In article <MPG.1a8d87a22dd282fd9896bc@news.microsoft.com>, Beemer@nowhere.com says... > I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only > use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? > > Beemer > post cancelled - I read the file dates incorrectly Beemer ...

owner of public folders
Hello! We have an Ex5.5-SRV -as a public folder SRV- with 2.000 public folders on it! Problem: Who created the folder XYZ? Good question? Let's say the "owner" of the publich folder xyz is the person, who we are looking for. Question: Has Microsoft any tools to search all of them and create a list with the name of the folder and the name of the "owner"? I know about 3rd-party tools, but they are not for free :-) Thanks! Best Regards Soheil pfinfo, pfdavadmin are Microsoft tools. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:52:05 -0700, Soheil <Soheil@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Devmode Structure And Default Printer Margin
I'm coding a function that will automatically take a window and print it on a page. I'm also centering the window on the page. I've noticed that there seems to be a default margin of 3/16'' on my printer. I've also noticed that I could override this margin by using the OffsetViewportOrg method. My question is how can I determine what the default margin is? I've looked at the devmode structure, but I can't see where a default printer margin is indicated. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Ned See if the following KB article helps you http://...

Import OE 5 mail folders & msgs to new pc with OE 6
The solution below didn't work for me from Tom's site. has good info but didn't work. Can some one please help... I did everything here 3 times. my files are in .dbx format "How do I import OE5 and OE6 mail folders?" Importing from a CDRW or Zip disk OE must have write-access to any *.dbx files you want to import. You must therefore copy the files to your hard disk and then turn off the Read-Only attribute. In Explorer, select all the files, then right-click on any one and select Properties. You can then uncheck the Read- Only box. Or at a DOS prompt, enter this: ...

Purging multiple mailboxes #2
I have tryed that but once I have more than one bx selected the only option I get is "help" Any other ideas??? >-----Original Message----- >Hold down the Ctrl key and select the mailboxes you want to purge. > > > > >On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 03:07:47 -0700, "Stano" ><pstanton@mackillopsh.vic.edu.au> wrote: > >>Using exchange 2003. >>Does anyone knoe how to purge multiple mailboxes, I can >>only do it one at a time so far... >> >>Thanks > >. > You could change the setting as to how long you hold mailbox...

Import Folder Search Results in a spreadsheet?
Anyone know if it is possible to "import" the results of a files and folders search into a sporeadsheet? Not the actual files and folders, or course, but the filename text, location text and date... Mark B, Maybe this ... http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y49E21ECA Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Mark B" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:498B7867-9CC4-4838-9DD0-6E5845787E17@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if it is possible to "import" the results of a files and folders > search into a sporeadsheet? > > Not the actual fil...

Migrating Mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K3
I've just finished a test migration from a 5.5 domain to 2K3 domain. The migration was a success, but...the two exchange organizations have different address spaces (ie. 5.5 = @contoso.com, 2K3 = @nwtraders.com) and when I check the migrated user accounts in AD the primary email address is a 2K3 address. The account still has the old 5.5 address attached, but I want the 5.5 address to be the primary SMTP address. Is there any way I can do this without going through each individual account and manually changing this? What recipient policies do you have defined in E2k3? -- Neil ...

Create a folder in Word on export
I am in the process of created several forms that will merge data to Word Templates that are legal documents. What I need to do is; 1) look in a defined folder in Word and determine if another folder exist if not create the folder and name it based on a field on the Access Form. 2) Once the folder is created save the merged.doc as a saveas naming it the same name as the template or a name from a field on the form, or if the folder in Word already exist, do a saveas to the that folder, then display the .doc for possible changes. Also if it is not obvious I’m a newbe. I know from wha...

Disable Mailbox
How do I disable a users mailbox in Exchange 2003 Standard? I will be managing Exchange in a Secondary School and over the course of the year a number of students will need to lose access for a period of time when they abuse the system. I don't want to delete the mailbox, nor do I want to stop it receiving mail - just want to prevent the user from opening/sending mail. Thankyou, Marc you cannot really prevent a user from opening their mailbox unless you disable the account...and if you do that, the mailbox will not receive email... "Three Toed Sloth" <ThreeToedSloth@dis...

Office 2003 with Business contact manager.
I am using Maximizer 7 and cannot import the data files into the Business contact manager component of Outlook. Any suggestions? Regards Carlos ...

Linking to folders
Hope someone can help. I am trying to use excel to create a shortcut to our electronically stored files. Although I can use hyperlinks to link to specific files, is it possible to open a folder through a hyperlink or macro? Files are stored on a network and not on the hard drive in case this makes a difference. Thanks Sid -- Sidnoir ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sidnoir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25916 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392893 I don't h...

Moving folder from different mailbox Outlook 2003
I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items. I can drag the same folder from salesadmin mailbox to my mailbox with no problem. "Denis R Charron" wrote: > I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a > subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", > outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot...

Christmas Card Contacts
Exchange 2003 MS Outlook 2003 I am trying to populate contacts in a particular way - I'll try to explain it here. I want to have a contact list for our office that contains people that we would send Christmas cards to. However, these contacts are company contacts that many of our staff deal with. Rather than sending a card from each of our staff to each of the contacts, I would just like to have one card go out to the external contact (if they are linked to multiple internal staff) with each of the internal staff signing the card. I would like to have an easy way to manage this. ...