How to stop Outlook from linking to external content?

Is there a way to block external content in email messages, i.e. to not
allow Outlook Express to load stuff (like images) that are not actually
contained in the HTML formatted email message?

One way to do this would of course be to use ASCII text only.  But I
like HTML formatting, I just don't want to reveal my IP address by
letting it load images from external servers.

I know how to do this with Mozilla Thunderbird but I can't seem to find
a comparable setting in Outlook Express.

Thanks for your help.
0
sorry767 (2)

bruce wrote:
> Is there a way to block external content in email messages, i.e. to
> not allow Outlook Express to load stuff (like images) that are not
> actually contained in the HTML formatted email message?
>
> One way to do this would of course be to use ASCII text only.  But I
> like HTML formatting, I just don't want to reveal my IP address by
> letting it load images from external servers.
>
> I know how to do this with Mozilla Thunderbird but I can't seem to
> find a comparable setting in Outlook Express.
>
> Thanks for your help.

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups  web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.insideoe.com

0
lanwench (7567)
12/7/2004 3:03:08 PM
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
> bruce wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to block external content in email messages, i.e. to
>>not allow Outlook Express to load stuff (like images) that are not
>>actually contained in the HTML formatted email message?
>>
>>One way to do this would of course be to use ASCII text only.  But I
>>like HTML formatting, I just don't want to reveal my IP address by
>>letting it load images from external servers.
>>
>>I know how to do this with Mozilla Thunderbird but I can't seem to
>>find a comparable setting in Outlook Express.
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>

> This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
> Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
> program, despite its similar name..
>
> You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
> Outlook Express news group.
>
> Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x
> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x
> microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh
>
> If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group
> try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server that's the source
> for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).
>
> If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
> Services Community Newsgroups  web interface, click
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer
> to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
> your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
> version number.
>
> A good website for information on OE is:
> http://www.insideoe.com

Okay thanks.
0
sorry767 (2)

move cell contents

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

External Images
I have come accross an issue with reporting services when using external images and accessing via report viewer .net components. Within the RDL I am using an expression to access a bmp via a URL. The report works fine in VS2005/2008 and when running the report through IE. However if the same report is run with the same criteria using an application with reporting services .net components the images are no longer shown, even though the rest of report is. I believe the unattended users/ passwords have been set within reporting services and IIS. The reports will be based on a...

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...