How to set the SMTP server in OL2000

How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server? (I have
Exchange Server in the profile.)

0
suc (12)

Su wrote:
> How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server?
> (I have Exchange Server in the profile.)

If you have OL2000, you can't use Internet Mail and Exchange in the same
profile - it isn't supported.

Either use a different profile for your Internet mail, or use OE for same,
or upgrade to OL2003 which can handle both types of accounts in one
profile - or if this is mail on your company domain, talk to the Exchange
admin about having the Exchange server handle all mail.

If you don't have an Internet mail account in your profile, all your mail is
handled by your Exchange server and you can't change how it's handled on the
server side from Outlook. What kinds of problems are you having with it, and
have you talked to your Exchange admin?

0
lanwench (7567)
12/17/2004 2:42:42 PM
I didn't talked about it with the Exchange Admin. The problem is, I have to
use VPN when out of office and the VPN is very slow. So I want to send out
emails by a SMTP server rather than the Exchange Server. That's why I want
the Delivery Server selectable.

It seems OL2000 doesn't support this function and I need to upgrade to
OL2003, am I right?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Su wrote:
>> How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server?
>> (I have Exchange Server in the profile.)
>
> If you have OL2000, you can't use Internet Mail and Exchange in the same
> profile - it isn't supported.
>
> Either use a different profile for your Internet mail, or use OE for same,
> or upgrade to OL2003 which can handle both types of accounts in one
> profile - or if this is mail on your company domain, talk to the Exchange
> admin about having the Exchange server handle all mail.
>
> If you don't have an Internet mail account in your profile, all your mail
> is
> handled by your Exchange server and you can't change how it's handled on
> the
> server side from Outlook. What kinds of problems are you having with it,
> and
> have you talked to your Exchange admin?

0
suc (12)
12/18/2004 2:36:51 AM
Su wrote:
> I didn't talked about it with the Exchange Admin. The problem is, I
> have to use VPN when out of office and the VPN is very slow. So I
> want to send out emails by a SMTP server rather than the Exchange
> Server. That's why I want the Delivery Server selectable.
>
> It seems OL2000 doesn't support this function and I need to upgrade to
> OL2003, am I right?

If you're connecting to only the Exchange server in this mail profile &
Exchange in your office is handling all your mail, then no version of
Outlook will do what you're asking.

That said, you still haven't said what you have in this mail profile and how
your mail is configured. If you do have Internet mail & Exchange in the same
profile, OL2002/2003 will work better, but this configuration is still not
recommended.

You should indeed talk to your admin/IT staff about your VPN problems and
explore other options. Perhaps you could use Outlook Web Access when out of
the office, or IMAP (less functionality in that, though)

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:%23bd%23CdE5EHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Su wrote:
>>> How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server?
>>> (I have Exchange Server in the profile.)
>>
>> If you have OL2000, you can't use Internet Mail and Exchange in the
>> same profile - it isn't supported.
>>
>> Either use a different profile for your Internet mail, or use OE for
>> same, or upgrade to OL2003 which can handle both types of accounts
>> in one profile - or if this is mail on your company domain, talk to
>> the Exchange admin about having the Exchange server handle all mail.
>>
>> If you don't have an Internet mail account in your profile, all your
>> mail is
>> handled by your Exchange server and you can't change how it's
>> handled on the
>> server side from Outlook. What kinds of problems are you having with
>> it, and
>> have you talked to your Exchange admin?

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

request for server licensing clarification
Is this correct about a Windows Server 2008 / 2003 mixed domain with a Windows Server 2008 R2 server with roles DC, AD, TS/RDS, DNS, DHCP?? Only devices that use RDS / Terminal Services in any way (e.g. a Citrix login via Citrix server) need TS/RDS CALs. Within the domain (we have only one domain) all devices that use any of the above-mentioned server roles/services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, etc.) require Server CALs. Hence one might generally have more server device CALs than RDS device CALs?? Thank you... On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:01:01 -0700 (PDT), tom12010 <tlyczko@gmail.com> w...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...