How to set custom default OL Email Folders View for 'all' email fo

When I create a new folder the view is never the way I want it...
- no groups
- no preview
- To field visable and before From field

So I must manually set this up everytime I create a folder.

Is there any way to tell Outlook 2003 that I want ALL email folders to be
setup to my custom standard?

Thanks for any help.

0
Mel3 (3)

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Mel_3" <Mel3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a new folder the view is never the way I want it...
> - no groups
> - no preview
> - To field visable and before From field
>
> So I must manually set this up everytime I create a folder.
>
> Is there any way to tell Outlook 2003 that I want ALL email folders to be
> setup to my custom standard?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How to forward email in Exchange2003
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. ...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

MyDocuments folder
hi, i am tring to create folder in MyDocuments, with this function HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(path,GENERIC_WRITE|GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); where path = _T("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti") + _T("\\FileName.xxx"); i used ("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti to get the path of mydocuments but i didnt find the file , i used GetLastError(); where the function tell me the path is incorect any idea to get the path of mydocuments folder thanks for help You could use: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

public folder replication and mta failure (on a cluster)
hello all question...is pf replication dependant upon mta? we had a cluster which was being retired but didn't know some replicas still existed and exchange can't be removed we got the SG recreated and the pf store mounted (it was removed before attempt to remove exchange), but cluster MTA service fails the folders were removed as having replicas on this server, but still show in pf instances does it take a really long time for it to go away from pf instances or is the failure of mta having anything to do with it? pf replication is set to always run been searching all over and...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

print a record in form view
I am building a form and have inserted an event procedure to have the form print one record at a time and it will only print a blank piece of paper. This is my code, can anyone tell me what they think is wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. rivate Sub cmdPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_cmdPrint_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdPrint_Click End Sub Assuming that the line rivate Sub cmdPrint_Click() is only missi...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

Barcoding customers
-- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs ...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Can you delete and empty an open email

View in new Portfolio Manager
Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of security. I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager. Am I missing something? Charlie On May 22, 9:57=A0pm, charlie <char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of > security. =A0I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager= .. =A0Am > I missing something? > Charlie You didn't state which version of Money you are using but I'll attempt to answer. If you are using Money Plus, you can choos...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...