How to set area code in Outlook 2003

Any time I started up previous version of outlook and started to enter a
phone number it would prompt me to input my local area code and from then on
it would put it in for me when i typed 7 digit phone number.  I just started
2003 and it never asked...noor seems to care.  If I enter a 7 digit phone
number it just leaves it that way.  Any way of telling it where I live and
telling it to enter area code automatically...like the old days?

Thanks

0
no1 (201)

Your dialing location in Control Panel > Phones and Modems...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Wekiva" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> Any time I started up previous version of outlook and started to enter a
> phone number it would prompt me to input my local area code and from then
on
> it would put it in for me when i typed 7 digit phone number.  I just
started
> 2003 and it never asked...noor seems to care.  If I enter a 7 digit phone
> number it just leaves it that way.  Any way of telling it where I live and
> telling it to enter area code automatically...like the old days?
>
> Thanks

0
russval (3097)
2/25/2004 10:02:49 PM
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Your dialing location in Control Panel > Phones and Modems...
>> Any time I started up previous version of outlook and started to
>> enter a phone number it would prompt me to input my local area code
>> and from then on it would put it in for me when i typed 7 digit
>> phone number.  I just started 2003 and it never asked...noor seems
>> to care.  If I enter a 7 digit phone number it just leaves it that
>> way.  Any way of telling it where I live and telling it to enter
>> area code automatically...like the old days?
>>
>> Thanks

What if you don't use a modem?

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

Your point?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Donald McDaniel" <orthocrossAT@cablespeed.DOTcom> wrote in message
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > Your dialing location in Control Panel > Phones and Modems...
> >> Any time I started up previous version of outlook and started to
> >> enter a phone number it would prompt me to input my local area code
> >> and from then on it would put it in for me when i typed 7 digit
> >> phone number.  I just started 2003 and it never asked...noor seems
> >> to care.  If I enter a 7 digit phone number it just leaves it that
> >> way.  Any way of telling it where I live and telling it to enter
> >> area code automatically...like the old days?
> >>
> >> Thanks
>
> What if you don't use a modem?
>
> --
> Donald L McDaniel
> Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
> so that all may be informed.
> Remove the obvious to reply by email.
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0
russval (3097)
2/26/2004 1:44:28 AM
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Your point?
>
>> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>>> Your dialing location in Control Panel > Phones and Modems...

>> What if you don't use a modem?
>>
>> --
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
>> so that all may be informed.
>> Remove the obvious to reply by email.
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was making no point, just asking a question, which is probably stupid.
Nevertheless, it is something which concerns me, since I use a Cable modem.
Could making changes in Phone and Modem settings make the dialer think there
is a reason to try to start dialing out?

I do want my phone numbers properly formatted, but I don't want strange
things happening over which I have no control.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
so that all may be informed.
Remove the obvious to reply by email.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I see. Well as far as I know, the operating system will still let you set a
default dialing location even if you don't have a modem actively set up to
dial. I have no systems without modems to test, but you can ask in a group
supporting your operating system.

--
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > Your point?

> >> What if you don't use a modem?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Donald L McDaniel
> >> Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
> >> so that all may be informed.
> >> Remove the obvious to reply by email.
> >> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I was making no point, just asking a question, which is probably stupid.
> Nevertheless, it is something which concerns me, since I use a Cable
modem.
> Could making changes in Phone and Modem settings make the dialer think
there
> is a reason to try to start dialing out?
>
> I do want my phone numbers properly formatted, but I don't want strange
> things happening over which I have no control.
>
> --
> Donald L McDaniel
> Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
> so that all may be informed.
> Remove the obvious to reply by email.
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0
russval (3097)
2/26/2004 7:18:15 PM
Russ is there somewhere that you can reccomend for me to learn how to set
dialling properties.

I haven't been able to find a way  for it to dial 0011 (international access
code from australia) whenever it sees a '+' symbol

in fact all of the dialing rules seem to be based on area codes, which seems
silly, especially when dialling the usa with 3 digit dialling codes.

Cheers,
dean

> I see. Well as far as I know, the operating system will still let you set
> default dialing location even if you don't have a modem actively set up to
> dial. I have no systems without modems to test, but you can ask in a group
> supporting your operating system.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Donald McDaniel" <orthocrossAT@cablespeed.DOTcom> wrote in message
> > Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > > Your point?

> > I was making no point, just asking a question, which is probably stupid.
> > Nevertheless, it is something which concerns me, since I use a Cable
> modem.
> > Could making changes in Phone and Modem settings make the dialer think
> there
> > is a reason to try to start dialing out?
> >
> > I do want my phone numbers properly formatted, but I don't want strange
> > things happening over which I have no control.
> >
> > --
> > Donald L McDaniel
> > Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
> > so that all may be informed.
> > Remove the obvious to reply by email.
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0
Dean
2/26/2004 9:58:19 PM
I've never worked with them myself. They are an operating system function,
so you might search the groups that support your OS.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dean Collins" <collins_dean"spam me here"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Russ is there somewhere that you can reccomend for me to learn how to set
> dialling properties.
>
> I haven't been able to find a way  for it to dial 0011 (international
access
> code from australia) whenever it sees a '+' symbol
>
> in fact all of the dialing rules seem to be based on area codes, which
seems
> silly, especially when dialling the usa with 3 digit dialling codes.
>

> Cheers,
> dean
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > I see. Well as far as I know, the operating system will still let you
set
> > default dialing location even if you don't have a modem actively set up
> > dial. I have no systems without modems to test, but you can ask in a
group
> > supporting your operating system.
> >
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Donald McDaniel" <orthocrossAT@cablespeed.DOTcom> wrote in message

> > > I was making no point, just asking a question, which is probably
stupid.
> > > Nevertheless, it is something which concerns me, since I use a Cable
> > modem.
> > > Could making changes in Phone and Modem settings make the dialer think
> > there
> > > is a reason to try to start dialing out?
> > >
> > > I do want my phone numbers properly formatted, but I don't want
strange
> > > things happening over which I have no control.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Donald L McDaniel
> > > Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
> > > so that all may be informed.
> > > Remove the obvious to reply by email.
> > > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0
russval (3097)
2/26/2004 11:26:29 PM
Does anyone here know how to set up international dialling?

Cheers,,
Dean
> I've never worked with them myself. They are an operating system function,
> so you might search the groups that support your OS.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Dean Collins" <collins_dean"spam me here"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Russ is there somewhere that you can reccomend for me to learn how to
set
> > dialling properties.
> >
> > I haven't been able to find a way  for it to dial 0011 (international
> access
> > code from australia) whenever it sees a '+' symbol
> >
> > in fact all of the dialing rules seem to be based on area codes, which
> seems
> > silly, especially when dialling the usa with 3 digit dialling codes.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > dean
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > I see. Well as far as I know, the operating system will still let you
> set
> > > default dialing location even if you don't have a modem actively set
up
> > > dial. I have no systems without modems to test, but you can ask in a
> group
> > > supporting your operating system.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Donald McDaniel" <orthocrossAT@cablespeed.DOTcom> wrote in message

> code
> seems
> that

> stupid.
> > > modem.
> > > there

> strange

0
Dean
2/27/2004 12:33:06 AM
Dean Collins" <collins_dean"spam me here <collins_dean"spam me
here"@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here know how to set up international dialling?

Iin Windows XP, it's Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Phone
and Modem Options (in the See Also panel).
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillman (1436)
2/27/2004 4:07:52 PM
Hi Brian,
thanks for your reply, i know how to find the dialling rules configurations,
I dont know how to tell it whenever it see a '+' symbol to diall 0011

as my international number are +-61-2-9599-2223

which means dial 0011-2-9599-2223

the reason the numbers are stored this way is for synchronisation with my
handheld phone which the entire gsm network interprets + as meaning
international access code.

any thoughts?

Cheers,
Dean

"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> Dean Collins" <collins_dean"spam me here <collins_dean"spam me
> here"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here know how to set up international dialling?
>
> Iin Windows XP, it's Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Phone
> and Modem Options (in the See Also panel).
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Dean

Crash on 'Send"

Set request parameters for web services

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...