How to retrieve emails in Outlook2003 from a specific date?

I have added a new POP3 email account to outlook 2003. This mail account has over 4000 emails. Once the account was setup in outlook 2003, it is retriving all 4000 emails. I wish to retrieve emails from my mail server to outlook 2003 only from 1st Feb onwards.

Can anyone please advice what should be done to retrieve emails in outlook from a specified date onwards?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Adi
0
Aditya

"Aditya Gupta" <agupta[dot]imperial[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message
>I have added a new POP3 email account to outlook 2003. This mail account
>has over 4000 emails. Once the account was setup in outlook 2003, it is
>retriving all 4000 emails. I wish to retrieve emails from my mail server to
>outlook 2003 only from 1st Feb onwards.
>
> Can anyone please advice what should be done to retrieve emails in outlook
> from a specified date onwards?

You can't AFAIK. POP is all or nothing unless you have set up POP access to
GMail in which case you can specify a date before which the email client
will not download mail.
The only other option is whether you have Webmail access. If so, create a
new folder and move all the emails prior to 1st Feb into it.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

gbplinux1 (41)
2/18/2009 8:07:56 AM
You cannot. (in outlook)
I assume previously you accessed this mail account using web access?
You may be able, in web access for this acount to loggon, create a new
Folder and move older msgs (pre Feb) to this new folder.

Though I believe Outlook Express has the facilities to retreive mail from a
certain date - I'm not sure since I dont use Express - if that is the case,
create the account in Express, retreive the Mail from your desired date,
then export the resulting mail to outlook. Then remove the account in
Express

"Aditya Gupta" <agupta[dot]imperial[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message
>I have added a new POP3 email account to outlook 2003. This mail account
>has over 4000 emails. Once the account was setup in outlook 2003, it is
>retriving all 4000 emails. I wish to retrieve emails from my mail server to
>outlook 2003 only from 1st Feb onwards.
>
> Can anyone please advice what should be done to retrieve emails in outlook
> from a specified date onwards?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards
>
> Adi

0
DL

due date function
I try to make function for due payment. When I made copy file and then drag down the formula and it's succed. But for the cell that I not fill yet has due date also. How to make that cell became 0 (zero) if not fill the cell yet. example : A1 A2 19/8/05 =A1+30 - 30/01/00 - 30/01/00 Thanks Lando =IF(C5=""; "" ;C5+30) Explanation detail if ([logical test] c5 equals ""; then [result if true] ""; else [result if false] c5+30) Explanation brief if c5 eq...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

sent emails?
When i send an email the person on the other end will see the wrong person it is from. I have reset everything in my out look but cant seem to get the last person that was here, his name off the sent emails. Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.) 3) Are you using a PST? If so, what size is it? 4) Are there any error messages or numbers? 5) Are there any errors in your application event viewer that relates to Office or Outlook? 6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken yourself? PS What do you mean, the last person ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

How far ahead of due date?
Hi all: The answer to this question probably varies depending upon one's banking institution but I'll ask the question anyway... :-) Typically how far ahead of the actual due date of bill should we schedule payment of that bill in Money when paying online using a bill pay service? Thanks -Mike You answered your own question. Depends on the FI. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Mike" <Mike@di...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

calculate new date & prompt when due
Hi there, Hope someone help me on this pls....:) I have 3 columns Col 1: Key in Start Date Col 2: Select Period (I display this as a drop down list of say 1 day 5 days, 7 days) Col 3: Calculate Due Date How can I automatically calculate the 3rd Column based on Col1 & Col2 and also make it red and bolded if the date is due (ie today or past)? On a side note, if I have a column of running numbers, ie 1,2,3,4,.. how do I make sure this list is auto extended when I add on new rows? thanks, much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: if your dropdown lis...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

downloaded balance and date
The balance and date under the "Downloaded:" title at the top left corner(while viewing my account), do not update to the most current information, after I import my bank's OFX file. I looked into my bank's OFX file. The XML seems have the necessary information to update the downloaded balance and date, but it doesn't work. Can someone please help? ...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

downloading emails
I have been having trouble with outlook ever since Wanadoo discontinued their newsgroup service; I accessed it through outlook express and the "news" folder of outlook. Yesterday Outlook crashed and I have had to re-install it from scratch. Now however I cannot get it to send or receive emails. When I worked my way through the wizard setting it up it did send out the test email and that can be opened in outlook express so it appears to be connected properly Every time I try I am getting this menu and no matter how often I click OK I do not get past it:- "Enter Net Password &qu...

Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) I read a particular email? Lou Lou, you wrote on Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:16:50 +1000: > Is there any way I can set a user defined field to show the date (and time) > I read a particular email? No. BTW: SP3 for Office 2003 has been released: http://tinyurl.com/mb2dj -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net You can expose the replied to time (http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm) but I don't know if you can expose a read time. Modified time won't work because marki...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

HOW to COUNT THE FREQUENCY of specific CHARACTER WITHIN a CELL?
How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" #4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" that appear in cell B2? =LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"#","")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" >#4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" >that appear in cell B2? >. > ...

How can I retrieve rows from 11 to 20 ( Selete TOP 10 gives first 10)
Using 'Select Top 10' gives me first 10 rows of my table. I need to retrieve the next 10 records. I am writing to an excel spreadsheet where I need to write top 10 rows starting from B2 and next 10 records starting from I2. So how can I split them? Every time I have to split into 10rows each. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1 Something like this will get the job done. I don't know your table/ field names... SELECT TOP 10 primaryKey FROM myTable WHERE primaryKey NOT IN (SELECT TOP...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

Outlook/VBScript: I want to retrieved EntryID from TaskItem class
Hi, I have a question concerning the EntryID from the TaskItem class in Outlook. Here's my question I would like to stored the EntryID in an Access Database at the same time that I am saving the rest of the information (DueDate, Owner, Subject...etc) in my table. I do not know if it is possible. My Problem is that the EntryID does not seems to appears when I am saving the Recordset in my Item_Write event. I do not know if it is created after the Item_Write event. I have tried by putting the EntryID in the Item_Close event but I am not getting the value. I am using VBScript. Is there anyway...