how to remove multiple personal folders

Recently I had a few problems with outlook, I have fixed
them BUT in the proccess of importing mail from pst files
I managed to create multiple personal folders containing
similar/same mail. How do I remove unwated personal
folders?
0
kurvaone (3)

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Public Folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "gumby" <Drinkingbeer@yourplace.now> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? What does "flag" mean? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Remove AD
Dear all, What is the best way to remove AD services from an existing Exchange 2003 server? Thanks. You shouldn't. If Exchange is installed on a Domain Controller, it should not be demoted to a member server. You should install another Exchange server and move mailboxes, replicater public folders, et al. Then remove Exchange from the old server. Now you can demote it to member server. Install Exchange again and move stuff back. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> w...

Signature for outlook removed
I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error saying my signature has been removed. Is that the entire error message? "Teresa McDonald" <Teresa McDonald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93267AE3-5B2C-45A3-85E4-F191B56DA27B@microsoft.com... > I set up a signature using the advanced edit so I could put a picture and I > assign it to the email account but when I try to send an email I get an error > saying my signature has been removed...

Macro to remove text
Could one of the resident macro experts kindly help me to do this please. There is text in column D of a worksheet. I want to remove anything that is in brackets, including the brackets. So this: A B C D -- -- --------------- ------------------------------------------- 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie (1941 version) 2 Q Artie Shaw (1941) Concerto For Clarinet (Parts 1 & 2) 3 R Artie Shaw Dancing In The Dark 4 S Artie Shaw Frenesi becomes this: 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie 2 Q Artie Shaw Concerto For Clarinet 3 R Artie Shaw ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Outlook says: unable to expand the folder
Hi all I have a user that logs on her domain pc as Membership. She do a mailbox for this username named "Membership". She also has her own mailbox opened in outlook named "Illse" which is her name. This one i did add throught Tools > Accounts > Change > Advanced Tab, etc, etc. Now she needs to ba able to see a third mailbox called "Trudy" > If i add this mailbox on exactly the same way and want to open the mailbox in outlook outlook says " unable to expand the folder". Why is it doing this while it opens the second mailbox successful...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

save files in FTP folder
Can I save the Outlook files on a FTP folder and have outlook 2003 access those files as defoult? Close Outlook - then cut and paste the outlook.pst file to the location of your choice. Reopen Outlook and when it whines, point it to the location of the saved .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Wilson <wdgouveia@hotmail.com> asked: | Can I save the Outlook files on a ...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

Obtain Sub-Folder Names with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain the names of all Sub-Folders for a specific parent Folder? Just 2 levels (1 Parent Folder) and several children folders. We need the names of the sub-folders, not the names of the files in the sub-folders. Thanks for your help. Brad Lookup the Dir Function in the help file, specifically at the example it illustrates exactly how to get a directory listing. You'll see it isn't hard! -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...