How to read an Outlook 2003 pst file without an O2k3 client.?

Hi all,

I've been using Outlook 2003. I have a 2sd computer with Outlook 2002,
but the thing it can't even read my pst file exported from my 2003
client.
I have the following annoying error message:

"The file C:\Documents and settings\xx\xx\outlook.pst is not
compatible with this version of the personal information service.
Contact your administrator)"

Yes, I have read MS crap support:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839109

However, in my situtation, I don't have my Office2k3 cd and I can't
export my pst file from Unicode format to Ansi format....

So here my question:
Is there any way to read an Office 2003 pst file, except having the
2003 outlook client?

Thx all,

--
Chris

Love has no law but the law of love
0
cngo (1)

No. You'll need to use a copy of Outlook 2003 to export the data to a .pst
file that was created in the Outlook 97-2002 format.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Christophe NGO" <cngo@emaylme.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using Outlook 2003. I have a 2sd computer with Outlook 2002,
> but the thing it can't even read my pst file exported from my 2003
> client.
> I have the following annoying error message:
>
> "The file C:\Documents and settings\xx\xx\outlook.pst is not
> compatible with this version of the personal information service.
> Contact your administrator)"
>
> Yes, I have read MS crap support:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839109
>
> However, in my situtation, I don't have my Office2k3 cd and I can't
> export my pst file from Unicode format to Ansi format....
>
> So here my question:
> Is there any way to read an Office 2003 pst file, except having the
> 2003 outlook client?
>
> Thx all,
>
> --
> Chris
>
> Love has no law but the law of love

0
suemvp (4038)
7/23/2004 2:16:39 AM
No.  You'll have to find someone with a copy of Outlook 2003 and use their
machine to move the data to the older format file, or see if you can find a
trial copy and move your system date backwards if necessary to get it to run
long enough for you to make the switch.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:28c89e8a.0407221656.6870a2d6@posting.google.com,
Christophe NGO wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using Outlook 2003. I have a 2sd computer with Outlook 2002,
> but the thing it can't even read my pst file exported from my 2003
> client.
> I have the following annoying error message:
>
> "The file C:\Documents and settings\xx\xx\outlook.pst is not
> compatible with this version of the personal information service.
> Contact your administrator)"
>
> Yes, I have read MS crap support:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839109
>
> However, in my situtation, I don't have my Office2k3 cd and I can't
> export my pst file from Unicode format to Ansi format....
>
> So here my question:
> Is there any way to read an Office 2003 pst file, except having the
> 2003 outlook client?
>
> Thx all,

No.
The KB article is correct.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Christophe NGO" <cngo@emaylme.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using Outlook 2003. I have a 2sd computer with Outlook 2002,
> but the thing it can't even read my pst file exported from my 2003
> client.
> I have the following annoying error message:
>
> "The file C:\Documents and settings\xx\xx\outlook.pst is not
> compatible with this version of the personal information service.
> Contact your administrator)"
>
> Yes, I have read MS crap support:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839109
>
> However, in my situtation, I don't have my Office2k3 cd and I can't
> export my pst file from Unicode format to Ansi format....
>
> So here my question:
> Is there any way to read an Office 2003 pst file, except having the
> 2003 outlook client?
>
> Thx all,
>
> --
> Chris