How to purge deleted items?

Hello there

I have just started using Outlook to read my emails.
One thing I couldn't do though;
When I have deleted the unwanted mails, the mails remain
in my mailbox although they appear with a strikethrough
line across. I cannot find in Outlook any function
similar to the function "Purge" in Outlook Express, which
actually removes the deleted items completely from my
inboxes. I have ticked the option which says something
like "Remove items from the Delete folder when exiting
Outlook" but upon exiting and restarting Outlook, the
deleted items are still there.

But then again, maybe I am too new at Outlook.
Can somebody please advise?
0
anonymous (74722)

IMAP account? Do a Send/Receive and the will be gone.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Jolene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there
>
> I have just started using Outlook to read my emails.
> One thing I couldn't do though;
> When I have deleted the unwanted mails, the mails remain
> in my mailbox although they appear with a strikethrough
> line across. I cannot find in Outlook any function
> similar to the function "Purge" in Outlook Express, which
> actually removes the deleted items completely from my
> inboxes. I have ticked the option which says something
> like "Remove items from the Delete folder when exiting
> Outlook" but upon exiting and restarting Outlook, the
> deleted items are still there.
>
> But then again, maybe I am too new at Outlook.
> Can somebody please advise?

0
Roady
5/23/2004 12:06:23 PM
Nope, that didn't work at all. I tried.

It can't be that difficult can it?

0
anonymous (74722)
5/23/2004 1:41:21 PM
Edit-> Purge Deleted Items will work for you then ;-)

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
> Nope, that didn't work at all. I tried.
>
> It can't be that difficult can it?

0
Roady
5/23/2004 2:28:06 PM
That worked like a charm...
Thank you Sir.

0
anonymous (74722)

Disableing items in CLIstCtrl
Hello, Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray out and a user won't be able to select it. Thank You! At this point I think you have to go to an owner-draw list control and do it yourself. You also have to prevent the selection from happening. joe On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:03:17 -0400, "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote: >Hello, > > Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray >out and a user won't be able to select it. > >Thank You! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]...

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

Contacts appear as mail items
Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items. WebDAV and HTTP Keep Alives are enabled. Any other suggestions to correct the problem? Thanks! Amy Cottrell <acottrell@getapproved.com> wrote: > Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items. WebDAV and > HTTP Keep Alives are enabled. Any other suggestions to correct the problem? This is a limitation in the current version of Entourage. See <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/exchange_server.html#anchor-exup1>. Note followups...there is an Entourage-specific newsgroup. -- Adam Bailey | ...

OWA
SBS 2003 SP1, Exch 2003 SP2, FBA w/ SSL. If I add/delete a calendar event via OWA, I get a 5.1.7 NDR in my Inbox (pasted below). The calendar item is added/delete, and I see it in OWA or Outlook. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this, nothing on MS support. Any clues? ========== Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: System Attendant on 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or t...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

Delete embedded chart, how?
I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? -- Boswell Select the chart, hit the delete button. -- David Biddulph "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:C439A52B-E430-4B40-95DB-1563E22939AF@microsoft.com... >I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? > -- > Boswell ...

Item backorders on Inventory Transfer to Site
Hi all, Is there any way to leave a qty on "backorder" on an Inventory Transfer ? For example, we want to transfer 10 of item ABC to another site. The main site only has 4 right now. How do we have the system track that the other site still requires an additional 6 units of that item, and when the main site receives more of item ABC, it should flag that the other site still requires them. We will be using the order points to give us suggested levels, but there are times when we require more, and want the system to track that ? Any ideas.... Thanks, Chris B. ...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

VSS and Snapshots/Clones log purging and mixing backup types
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer the following questions for me as we are looking into the use of iSCSI block storage and snapshot technology: 1. Is a snapshot capable of being rolled forward in the event of a DB failure/corruption to provide a no-loss restore in the event of DB corruption? 2. Can a snapshot be mounted into an RSG? 3. Can agent based conventional backups be mixed with VSS backups? 4. If snapshotting is used how are log files purged? 5. As snapshots are deltas are backed up clones required in order to protect from disk failures? The original data needs to b...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr�m Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

how to delete everything??
How can I delete everything except site id, item number, vendor, account number? I want to delete all my current transaction, history transaction, all General Ledger, all financial statements. It's like I set up a new data for a new company. You might consider taking screenshots of your setup windows and exporting your master files then reinstall your company database, enter the setup information, and integrate your master files with Integration Manager. You can also go File>Maintenance>Clear Data and clear the data selectively. Make sure you run Checklinks and Reconcile af...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...

vendors and Items replicated to another company.
My customer has 2 companies under GP The 2 companies shared similar vendors and items. they wanted the system which allows vendors and items created in 1 company to be replicated to the next company. Anyone know any 3rd party module can manage! Example: A create a new item01 and it will automatic replicated to company B. Chris, There are 'master trigger' tools sold by Microsoft that can do this for Vendors, Customers and GL accounts - they're part of the Professional Services Tools Library. I don't know of a tool for inventory items. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP...

Recover Deleted item?
I have a user that is unable to recover any deleted items from the Deleted Items folder (they are trying to recover by selecting Tools/Recover Deleted Items) it is empty inside, like nothing has been deleted. Any help is appreciated. What is the deleted items retention policy? Are you using an Exchange server? Versions of Outlook/Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratchin...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

read receipt deleting
Diane am so sorry for duplicating this. Since I have still not gone online and it is stored in a hidden message store.. there got to be some way to delete this????? If i uninstall ms outlook 2002 adn reinstall in a different folder will that help? if i delete the outlook folder will taht help? or is there any windows folder i need to delete, i have windows 2000.... or is it some where in registry? please help thanks a lot >-----Original Message----- >answered 9 min ago in the other thread.... :) > >-- >Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] >Author, Teach Yourself O...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

Customer Items
Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map one Item Number to Multiple Customer Items? regards, David, Do you mean your item number is ABC001, customer 0001 calls this same item XYZ002 and customer 0002 calls it KLM999? If so, GP will handle that out of the box, if not, can you describe what you're looking for in more detail? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "davidv" <davidv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06C7280-BF4E-4B76-98D9-4A5E467BBC00@microsoft.com... > Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map on...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...