How to print page # 1 only in Outlook 2007?

We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently
printing last page first?

How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?
Thank you.

First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL. In
my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might be
different in yours. You can  print only one page or a selection if it's in
HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print one
page, edit the plain text mail and change the format to HTML. (I have OL
2003, but I guess this is the same in 2007.)

"Anthony B" wrote:

> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
> How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently
> printing last page first?
>
> How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?
> Thank you.

0
Mary1 (682)
12/24/2007 9:51:01 PM
sadly, outlook 2007 uses the outlook printer for all formats and it does not
allow you to choose pages. HTML messages can be viewed in a browser and
printed from there - but you won't get the message header.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL.
> In
> my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might be
> different in yours. You can  print only one page or a selection if it's in
> HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print one
> page, edit the plain text mail and change the format to HTML. (I have OL
> 2003, but I guess this is the same in 2007.)
>
> "Anthony B" wrote:
>
>> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
>> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
>> How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently
>> printing last page first?
>>
>> How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?
>> Thank you.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/25/2007 5:11:48 AM
Anthony

As Diane pointed out you cannot do this in OL 2007. You can although do =
the following. Copy\Paste the page needed for printing into something =
like Word and print it out that way. This is a workaround when you need =
to print only a single page from a multiple page email;

--=20
Peter

"Anthony B" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message =
> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
> How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently=20
> printing last page first?
>=20
> How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?
> Thank you.
0
okf221 (388)
12/25/2007 1:17:49 PM
Thank you very much.
We wasted so much paper because of this Microsoft feature.
Every Monday and Thursday, we get the corporate schedule and calendar in a
email. We only print out couple of selected pages of our time tables and
tasks for each department in this office. We usually have to print out the
entire email for each department in this office.
We use HP Deskjet 970 which has a duplex feature which used to allow us to
print in duplex. But since we upgrade our computers in this office with Dell
Vista, HP told us they do not offer Vista driver for these printers. So, now
we use generic printer drivers and print the message in single side papers.
Everybody just throw allow most of their stacks.

And we wonder why we wasted so much. Thank you Microsoft and HP.

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> sadly, outlook 2007 uses the outlook printer for all formats and it does
> not allow you to choose pages. HTML messages can be viewed in a browser
> and printed from there - but you won't get the message header.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL.
>> In
>> my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might be
>> different in yours. You can  print only one page or a selection if it's
>> in
>> HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print
>> one
>> page, edit the plain text mail and change the format to HTML. (I have OL
>> 2003, but I guess this is the same in 2007.)
>>
>> "Anthony B" wrote:
>>
>>> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
>>> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
>>> How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently
>>> printing last page first?
>>>
>>> How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?
>>> Thank you.

Thank you very much.
We wasted so much paper because of this Microsoft feature and HP.
Every Monday and Thursday, we get the corporate schedule and calendar in a
email. We only print out couple of selected pages of our time tables and
tasks for each department in this office. But, we usually have to print out
the
entire email for each department in this office.
We use HP Deskjet 970 which has a duplex feature which used to allow us to
print in duplex. But since we upgrade our computers in this office with Dell
Vista, HP told us they do not offer Vista driver for these printers. So, now
we use generic printer drivers and print the message in single side papers.
Everybody just throw away most of their stacks.
And we wonder why we Americans wasted so much. Thank you Microsoft and HP.

To be honest, outlook has always sucked at printing, with different print
options available for each format. Now its uniformly bad. :)

If an add-in is not an option allowed by corp, another method, in addition
to the View in Browser, is printing to a digital format (such as PDF) and
printing the specific pages from the digital format.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Thank you very much.
> We wasted so much paper because of this Microsoft feature.
> Every Monday and Thursday, we get the corporate schedule and calendar in a
> email. We only print out couple of selected pages of our time tables and
> tasks for each department in this office. We usually have to print out the
> entire email for each department in this office.
> We use HP Deskjet 970 which has a duplex feature which used to allow us to
> print in duplex. But since we upgrade our computers in this office with
> Dell Vista, HP told us they do not offer Vista driver for these printers.
> So, now we use generic printer drivers and print the message in single
> side papers. Everybody just throw allow most of their stacks.
>
> And we wonder why we wasted so much. Thank you Microsoft and HP.
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> sadly, outlook 2007 uses the outlook printer for all formats and it does
>> not allow you to choose pages. HTML messages can be viewed in a browser
>> and printed from there - but you won't get the message header.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL.
>>> In
>>> my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might
>>> be
>>> different in yours. You can  print only one page or a selection if it's
>>> in
>>> HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print
>>> one
>>> page, edit the plain text mail and change the format to HTML. (I have OL
>>> 2003, but I guess this is the same in 2007.)

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/26/2007 3:57:28 AM
Anthony B <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:

> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?

This isn't possible uing Outlook's print widget.  You must open the message,
then click Acxtions>View in Browser.  You'll be able to print specificpages
or a selection then.

> How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently
> printing last page first?

This is a printer properties setting.  Open your Printers folder,
right-click the printer you wish to use, select Properties, then click
Printing Preferences.  The settting should be somewhere there.  SInce every
print driver is different, I can't say more specifically.

> How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage?

Same answer as the first one.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/26/2007 5:32:29 PM
Anthony B <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:

> We use HP Deskjet 970 which has a duplex feature which used to allow
> us to print in duplex. But since we upgrade our computers in this
> office with Dell Vista, HP told us they do not offer Vista driver for
> these printers.

No, but the DeskJet 970 driver is built into Vista, so you don't need one.
That native driver will allow you to utilize the duplexing feature, I
believe.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Anthony B <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:
>
>> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
>> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
>
> This isn't possible uing Outlook's print widget.  You must open the
> message, then click Acxtions>View in Browser.  You'll be able to print
> specificpages or a selection then.
>
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

In Outlook 2007, where do I click Actions > View?
I see Action. But how to go to Browser?
Thank you.

Open the message, look on the Actions chunk of the ribbon - you'll see
Delete, Move to folder, Create rule and Other Actions. Click on Other
Actions to expand the menu. View in browser is on the menu.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Anthony B <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista.
>>> How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message?
>>
>> This isn't possible uing Outlook's print widget.  You must open the
>> message, then click Acxtions>View in Browser.  You'll be able to print
>> specificpages or a selection then.
>>
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> In Outlook 2007, where do I click Actions > View? I see Action. But how to
> go to Browser? Thank you.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/26/2007 7:34:19 PM
OK, got it. Thank you.

> Open the message, look on the Actions chunk of the ribbon - you'll see
> Delete, Move to folder, Create rule and Other Actions. Click on Other
> Actions to expand the menu. View in browser is on the menu.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Anthony B" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message
>> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> This isn't possible uing Outlook's print widget.  You must open the
>>> message, then click Acxtions>View in Browser.  You'll be able to print
>>> specificpages or a selection then.
>>>
>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> In Outlook 2007, where do I click Actions > View? I see Action. But how
>> to go to Browser? Thank you.

"View in browser" is not in my menu. Only Unwrap Text, Edit Message,
Recall This Message..., Resend This Message..., Save Attachements,
Forward as Attachment, Post Reply to Folder, Encoding > Western / More,
Message Header, and Zoom. I print to a PDF file then print the page I need.

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> Open the message, look on the Actions chunk of the ribbon - you'll see
> Delete, Move to folder, Create rule and Other Actions. Click on Other
> Actions to expand the menu. View in browser is on the menu.

0
RLSMDOT (2)
2/20/2008 8:02:05 PM
I see that "View in browser" is only available for HTML messages. The one I
needed to print was plain text.

Is there any way to suggest to Microsoft that this is a desired feature?

"RLS-MDOT" wrote:

> "View in browser" is not in my menu. Only Unwrap Text, Edit Message,
> Recall This Message..., Resend This Message..., Save Attachements,
> Forward as Attachment, Post Reply to Folder, Encoding > Western / More,
> Message Header, and Zoom. I print to a PDF file then print the page I need.
>
> "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
>
> > Open the message, look on the Actions chunk of the ribbon - you'll see
> > Delete, Move to folder, Create rule and Other Actions. Click on Other
> > Actions to expand the menu. View in browser is on the menu.

0
RLSMDOT (2)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

print
how can i print from clistctrl without using CView This article might help you out. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's worth a look: http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/printlistctrl.asp Tom "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6BFE63-983C-41E3-B95B-DE9491881E41@microsoft.com... > how can i print from clistctrl without using CView ...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

outlook 97 and express email problems

Print Screen Key disabled