how to open and save blocked attachment file...

Can anyone tell me how to open one of the blocked
attatchment files (adp - access project file) by outlook?
Thanks.
0
ychoi2 (1)

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

"Yong Choi" <ychoi2@csub.edu> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to open one of the blocked
> attatchment files (adp - access project file) by outlook?
> Thanks.

0
neoheart (690)

color loss when saving as PDF
Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a PDF from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions??? thansk Sarah What program are you using to create your .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C180B5D-2CE0-4B79-BC93-52475BD38D82@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored wh...

Attachment Selection
When composing a new mail message there are buttons to use to select the following: To: Cc: and Bcc: as well as a box to type in the Subject. We used to have an additional button to select a file to ATTACH to the message as well. And the attached files would appear in the message header. That option has disappeared, and we can now only INSERT using the Insert on the Menu or the Paperclip; with the inserted files appearing within the body of our message. We would like to be able to have the Attachment Selection button and box back. Why is it no longer available, and how can be get ...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

msnpst files
All: Does anyone have any tips on opening an MSN local folder -- .msnpst -- with Outlook? I can open regular .pst files but Outlook won't recognize the .msnpst files that MSN mail creates. Thanks, John you need to add an account using the msn connector then try closing outlook and replacing the new pst it creates with the old one by renaming the pst's. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Temporary Excel files.
Hi, does anyone know where Excel stores its temp files to managing multiple opened copies of the same workbook? Word stores its lock files in same directory of the opened document, but Excel? Thanks in advance for the answers. Alex On a single user (non-networked pc), excel will put a few files in your windows temp folder. But I think it does more than just that. (Just guessing!) When the workbook is on a network, excel/windows is smart enough to be able to tell that second person the the file is in use. If the only indicator were on the first user's temp file, then the seco...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Excel saved as Word
A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks! > Anyone dealt with this? Yup - killed the colleague. Not much you can do unless you have a backup. In article <976401c3ea61$1d23f950$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and > saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the > first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with th...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Saving files as JPG
Often when I save a logo and/or a flyer in publisher and then save it as a jpg for bi print jobs there is a LINE along the side of the piece ... any ideas of how to get rid of it or WHAT might cause it? This happens once in a while, never have figured out why. You can open the image in Paint; erase the line. Or crop it out when you use the image in Publisher. Do you get the line if you save the picture as a .png or .tif? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greetings&Salutations" <Greetings&Salutations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Merge file pairs
I have several hundreds of pairs of files (file1 in one subfolder i paired to file1 in second subfolder) where I need to open the pair copy arange (columns a to e) from one file to the other, then save an close the files. Then loop on to the next pair in the list. Has anyon done this? Can you point me to examples? I've looked at several we sites (debruin, for ex.) but cannot find exactly what I need. Al suggestions welcome -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Outlook doesn't open in the inbox work space. Open up in the Outlook today works
How do I make the Inbox as the default workspace in Outlook 2000 corporate mailbox. running on Win xp. ...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Huge "empty" excel 97 file !!
I still have files of up to 4MB, after deleting the contents of a 16MB excel 97 file then saving !!! Details:- (1)If I select the whole worksheet (by clicking on the blank cell in the top left corner of the worksheet) (2)then I click on EDIT and then on DELETE. (3)repeat 1&2 for any other sheets (4)Then click on FILE, then SAVE AS a new name Windows explorer shows that the new file can be up to 4MB. This is very frustrating if I am trying to reduce the size a file so that it fits onto a floppy disc. This problem occurs with a number of my excel files. How can I get rid of this invis...

Password to open file
How do you make file only open after you enter a password? dcknie, file save as, tools, general options enter password to open, this is for excel 2003 its a little different in other versions but that should get you there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "dcknie" <dcknie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21B2C37-1877-4357-A756-35470C31EDC7@microsoft.com... > How do you make file only...

file
I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and somehow has an error message on it that it will not save because locked by another station. I have done everything from trying to find out who last used it to deleting it and starting over and nothing works. PLEASE HELP amy Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen amy wrote: > > I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and > somehow has an error message on it that it will not save > because locked by a...